Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Krycek posted:

Always boost through the mail slot

Wise words right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol, every ship in Star Citizen can be bought with real money, even ships that do not exist yet. There are players that put down $5000 back in 2012 for ships that are not available to fly yet.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

I said come in! posted:

lol, every ship in Star Citizen can be bought with real money, even ships that do not exist yet. There are players that put down $5000 back in 2012 for ships that are not available to fly yet.

"A game where developers do not poo poo on players head", says this special snowflake. Hopefully he'll be able to Answer the call soon and see these totally-not-a-joke Sandworms in all their glory !

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Nyast posted:

"A game where developers do not poo poo on players head", says this special snowflake. Hopefully he'll be able to Answer the call soon and see these totally-not-a-joke Sandworms in all their glory !

I imagine the execs of EA, Activision and Take-Two are dripping with envy at the genius of Crobberts - the man, the myth, the legend, who somehow managed to be applauded, nay worshipped, by gamers while raking in hundreds of millions of $$$ through business practices far scummier than anything they've ever tried to pull off.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

PederP posted:

I imagine the execs of EA, Activision and Take-Two are dripping with envy at the genius of Crobberts - the man, the myth, the legend, who somehow managed to be applauded, nay worshipped, by gamers while raking in hundreds of millions of $$$ through business practices far scummier than anything they've ever tried to pull off.

"all we did was lootboxes and this madman just flat-out charged them 3k for a ship, why didn't we even think of that"

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Poe's law in action. :smuggo:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

skeletors_condom posted:

They also had to open all those shell companies by themselves!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer
Jeriho is the hero Store Citizers need, but not the one they'll accept.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://giant.gfycat.com/UnknownPoliticalBinturong.webm

Sectopod
Aug 24, 2017

loving doors! :kingsley:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The door opened and it closed. Thus the doors are working, you fudster derek goonie alt, you're dismissed.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I just love that one of the best known bugs in the game, that has been present for 6+ years, that never gets patched, is that the loving door on the starter ship that every Citizen will use at some point is a death trap that kills you instantly.

The fact that this game-ruiner is not even a low priority bug fix for the company should tell you all you need to know.

Imagine if there was a bug in World of Warcraft that threw away the first three levels of progression for every player in the game, if they didn't click the level-up button just right. Imagine anyone actually mentioning the bug being accused of FUD and trying to ruin the game. That is Star Citizen in 2019.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I'm just glad that the ~dreams~ are still alive and well. Can't wait to be stuck in a road construction site on my way to the lunar post office.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Oh goody, it's love in space again. Certainly, who wouldn't want to be the loving missus of a proud citizen.

I'm sure all the responses will be healthy and well-adjusted. :keke:

Yes, yes, Japanese culture :shuckyes:

Powerful stuff there. :stonkhat:

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Lord Stimperor posted:

Oh goody, it's love in space again. Certainly, who wouldn't want to be the loving missus of a proud citizen.

I'm sure all the responses will be healthy and well-adjusted. :keke:

Yes, yes, Japanese culture :shuckyes:

Big, big gamer moment over at spectrum

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

Sarsapariller posted:

I just love that one of the best known bugs in the game, that has been present for 6+ years, that never gets patched, is that the loving door on the starter ship that every Citizen will use at some point is a death trap that kills you instantly.

What kind of useless space poor flies the starter ship in Star Citizen?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Grubby Hobo posted:

What kind of useless space poor flies the starter ship in Star Citizen?

tojal after all his other ships have been destroyed by goons, in the unlikely event that this ever becomes a releaseable game.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
better than Star Citizen (live, Warframe 'Railjack' , ps: its F2P)

https://www.twitch.tv/warframe

NoMas fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 6, 2019

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol more ship content and customization than star citizen

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
and they have npc crew members already lol

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

'Yeah so we're just going to do all these things that Star Citizen will never manage, also it runs better, also it doesn't crash, also it's actually a game you will ever be able to play'

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Lol now they're showing off a better MMO/connectivity system than SC aswell

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

G0RF posted:

https://twitter.com/Rexzilla/status/1147386081488363520

:lol:

I didn’t realize they were metal engraved membership cards even. It’s the Concierge Black gimmick all over again. Then again, why mess with a winning formula?

(At least his really are black...)

https://nypost.com/2014/07/05/the-22-year-old-dropout-who-created-nycs-most-exclusive-credit-card/amp/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
Tane

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

And then he went to prison for Fyre Fest

There's a parallel here somewhere

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
ok so my date with that fantastic lady is over. it was no roaring success (like PUBG), but also it was no total shitshow (like SC). it was decent and cool (like ED).

now i hope there will be some DLC

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

NoMas posted:

better than Star Citizen (live, Warframe 'Railjack' , ps: its F2P)

https://www.twitch.tv/warframe

So hey guys not only can you use your ship to explore the solar system, you can also use it to launch your crew members into enemy ships to hijack them and also fight your Nemesis who will evolve Shadow of Mordor style until they get their own ship and it will be totally loving dope.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bumble He posted:

ok so my date with that fantastic lady is over. it was no roaring success (like PUBG), but also it was no total shitshow (like SC). it was decent and cool (like ED).

now i hope there will be some DLC

Did you get the season pass or are you waiting to see how the individual bits pan out?

Also, if you don’t get divorced you don’t lose half your stuff, you horrific gamer chuds.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Also hey guys you can plant a scanner in an open world area and then help another squad who are having a space battle against bad men in warframe by taking down generators planetside.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hav posted:

Also, if you don’t get divorced you don’t lose half your stuff, you horrific gamer chuds.
Even they can't imagine someone who would want to stay with them.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hav posted:

The default assumption of the MRA crowd is that women are marrying you to steal your money.

They never notice the part where honestly if you don't have kids with them, you don't really owe them anything in a divorce- so really it's your drat dirty children trying to take all your cash, the grubby bastards. It also seems to escape most of them that if the world were really as transactional as they think and women were in such high demand they could just as easily marry a man they like who makes good money. But no- women are all thieves and men are all repellent and the only thing that brings them together is money, good thing I have a lot of it! <Opens up Star Citizen store page>

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
I see Chris has saved PC gaming by being an ideas guy. He has ideas, then other companies implement into their games.

PC gaming saved. Shame about the backers, but these are acceptable casualties in the gamer war.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

I thought this was a box of fancy rubbers. I guess they are for pricks, so I was somewhat right

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lord Stimperor posted:

They are certainly a victim, of their persecution complex.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

[Two times! This is Mimi]

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Tokamak posted:

They are certainly a victim, of their persecution complex.

There's nothing a dipshit nerd loves more than feeling persecuted. It sure beats admitting to any personal failings

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

skeletors_condom posted:

All those things are true.... but aren't they also the giant gently caress off red flags that should have caused CI!G to stop and think "maybe there's a better way to to this." An undergrad professor once told me, "don't analyze your way through a problem when you can design around it." These guys are completely set on bashing their heads against the brick wall hoping that one day a door will appear for them to walk through The door will still kill them, but at least there will be less brick wall

MisterBishop
Sep 2, 2011

Nooby engineer

SelenicMartian posted:

And done. Not quite as exhaustive as I hoped, but gently caress it.

The Star Citizen Saga

SVS-CLR-6NG

I assume the joke at the end is, "Here! You went to all that trouble to unlock this extra content, so go ahead! No no no, you can look at it, but DON'T TOUCH!"

Y'know, just like all the bullshots they put out of "upcoming content" that hasn't seen the light of day in SC in literal years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

The true winners are us tier-5 men with both Magnises and Concierge cards, cos :females: can't resist us - not that we want them anyway, which we don't :colbert: