Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
David Starr is a truly incredible weird DSA Twitter guy gimmick but I dont think he's doing it on purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

coconono posted:

Starr is a center-of-leftist and rabblerouser. The BLM he's backing isn't the "true" Ferguson movement. Its the stonewashed denim version and tends to be much more intersectional.

It's 100% cool to support any version of BLM, and do so publicly. Profiting off of it is pretty poo poo though. Even if he's not selling merch, taking it as part of his ring gear and part of his persona to build heat or whatever seems kind of gross. Ultimately, there's grosser things in wrestling on a daily basis, and calling anyone a f----- or r----- is pretty poo poo, so I'm not going to say Trey is right per se, but I see why he doesn't think BLM ring gear is cool on a white wrestler.

Also, the "all lives matter" thing. Usually anyone who says that is a piece of poo poo. Trey Miguel is biracial (black and caucasian) so I feel like he's coming at it from a different angle than your average boot licking, cop loving right wing dirtbag.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I have literally no idea what is happening but I feel safe taking the side of the dude who didn't use the f word and called someone a fake Jew.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hellblazer187 posted:

It's 100% cool to support any version of BLM, and do so publicly. Profiting off of it is pretty poo poo though. Even if he's not selling merch, taking it as part of his ring gear and part of his persona to build heat or whatever seems kind of gross. Ultimately, there's grosser things in wrestling on a daily basis, and calling anyone a f----- or r----- is pretty poo poo, so I'm not going to say Trey is right per se, but I see why he doesn't think BLM ring gear is cool on a white wrestler.

Also, the "all lives matter" thing. Usually anyone who says that is a piece of poo poo. Trey Miguel is biracial (black and caucasian) so I feel like he's coming at it from a different angle than your average boot licking, cop loving right wing dirtbag.

Starr donning BLM logos on his gear is like male feminism. Nice gesture but ultimately nonproductive. And in worse cases, its a cover for skeevy behavior.

The All Lives thing is even dumber because its like Straight Pride and other nonsense. It was started as a thing to detract from the actual problems that Black Lives Matter coalesced around, namely the police of St Louis MO were and still are actively murdering members of the Black Community including activists. That BLM has found resonance across the US and the world is a testament to how deeply ingrained the problem is in human societies.

Starr's goober(I like him but he's not on the level of woke he thinks he is) and Trey's an idiot. No one looks good.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

coconono posted:

Starr donning BLM logos on his gear is like male feminism. Nice gesture but ultimately nonproductive. And in worse cases, its a cover for skeevy behavior.

The All Lives thing is even dumber because its like Straight Pride and other nonsense. It was started as a thing to detract from the actual problems that Black Lives Matter coalesced around, namely the police of St Louis MO were and still are actively murdering members of the Black Community including activists. That BLM has found resonance across the US and the world is a testament to how deeply ingrained the problem is in human societies.

Starr's goober(I like him but he's not on the level of woke he thinks he is) and Trey's an idiot. No one looks good.

male feminists only suck if they're doing it to show that they're "woke" but in general it's a good thing to show other men "hey, you too can be a person who believes that both genders are equal" because, when it comes down to it, people who bathe themselves in toxic masculinity aren't as likely to listen to women but ok.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would say putting "feminist ally" on your wrestling gear is the same as putting blm on there but not that having writing on your underwear is the same as being a decent person, because it's useless or w/e you believe, yeah

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the escape goat posted:

male feminists only suck if they're doing it to show that they're "woke" but in general it's a good thing to show other men "hey, you too can be a person who believes that both genders are equal" because, when it comes down to it, people who bathe themselves in toxic masculinity aren't as likely to listen to women but ok.

intersectionality is a much more inclusive term and doesn't have the stigma of "took women's studies classes to get pussy" that male feminism has.

This is the problem with our desire to turn our language into monosyllabic concise terms. poo poo loses its meaning, even to the point of reversing its meaning. Newspeak doubleunplusgood.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/DanaBrookeWWE/status/1147308303090946048

https://twitter.com/ScottDawsonWWE/status/1147913171765813248

jesus WWE twitter is so embarrassing when the gently caress will this trend end

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

God they're all so bad

I don't believe that it's possible to recognize either member of the Revival in public, either

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"we're top guys!" Dawson sobs as the other dude feeds him a sushi at an empty restaurant.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

hey dana brooke rules and frankly her being the accountant of titus worldwide was vince's only good idea in the last 30 years

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

brian posted:

hey dana brooke rules and frankly her being the accountant of titus worldwide was vince's only good idea in the last 30 years

Whoa she was their statistician. Please don't confuse her with a common accountant!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's gonna rule in like 6 months when everyone who re-signed gets the rug jerked out from them and we get 5 more years of tweets complaining

god I loving hope Rusev doesn't stay

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Endless Mike posted:

Whoa she was their statistician. Please don't confuse her with a common accountant!

sorry please forgive me i would never seek to demean my queen

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Draxion posted:

God they're all so bad

I don't believe that it's possible to recognize either member of the Revival in public, either

A guy goes up to Dash and says "hey are you Dawson?"

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What the hell is the deal with Jimmy’s Seafood? Do they just shower wrestlers with free food so that they’ll post about it on Twitter? Because they all fuckin do it

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Blast Fantasto posted:

What the hell is the deal with Jimmy’s Seafood? Do they just shower wrestlers with free food so that they’ll post about it on Twitter? Because they all fuckin do it

Yes. They desperately, desperately want to be Ribera and it's really sad

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lone Goat posted:

A guy goes up to Dash and says "hey are you Dawson?"

ah poo poo that's the other guy's name.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dawson's the bald one that wants to be Arn, Dash is the one with hair who wants to be Tully.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

one presumes there is some sort of backstory as to why this made him so mad but idk!

https://twitter.com/SHIDAGEAR/status/1148147690427113472
https://twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/1148227868943704065
https://twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/1148228647662342144

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

at least David Starr wrestles good.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I just noticed the thread tag and am here to approve

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

coconono posted:

intersectionality is a much more inclusive term and doesn't have the stigma of "took women's studies classes to get pussy" that male feminism has.

Good point. teaching people about intersectionality is pretty drat important.

on topic-

Brookes with the relatable #content
https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1148260875419000832

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Blast Fantasto posted:

I remeber Kevin Owens making a tweet about one of the owners or someone associated with them being annoying and trying to act like one of the boys, then someone dug up old tweets of the owner using slurs. I know reddit, but here's a link

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/82h25f/kevin_owens_on_twitter_haha_no_hes_mad_because_i/dvafnc0/

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Starting to think Kojima and Bread Club are the only good things to ever come from pro wrestling and twitter. All the WWE wrestlers need to delete their embarrassing accounts.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Tato posted:

Starting to think Kojima and Bread Club are the only good things to ever come from pro wrestling and twitter. All the WWE wrestlers need to delete their embarrassing accounts.

luke harpers is good, unless he resigns and then it's bad

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

luke harpers is good, unless he resigns and then it's bad

He’s been trying to resign

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Chuck Taylor has the best twitter in wrestling

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's cool of WWE to get all their wrestlers to be extremely fuckin lame on twitter all at once lol

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Tato posted:

Itoh Respect Army.

Edit: But yeah, the WWE cops and geeks should all delete their accounts, it might help their popularity.

smikey fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 8, 2019

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Nothing appeals to the coveted teen demographic like old people posting embarrassing in-character tweets on crusty rear end Twitter. WWE knows its audience.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

Chuck Taylor has the best twitter in wrestling

Chuck/Rusev/Itoh

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1148084566701289474

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tato posted:

Jimmy Jacobs promotes his really fun podcast, so I like that.

Also wrestler and pet pictures are generally pretty awesome.

Also, this:

https://twitter.com/moxjon/status/1058193547227287559

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Writer Cath posted:

Jimmy Jacobs promotes his really fun podcast, so I like that.

Also wrestler and pet pictures are generally pretty awesome.

Also, this:

https://twitter.com/moxjon/status/1058193547227287559

Proud to stan for that man.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mox is from Ohio, that's what you call them.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coconono posted:

Mox is from Ohio, that's what you call them.
ohayou!

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Who exactly are they donating to though considering BLM is a movement with no central organization like antifa its got no leadership and no official organization...so where is that money going?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Did Vampiro have a big falling out with AAA? He's asking on Twitter to do commentary for BOLA

https://twitter.com/vampiro_vampiro/status/1148384135540404230?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

vamp excalibur and chuck taylor on commentary would be such a trainwreck i'd love it