Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Potato Salad posted:

holy poo poo zoom persistent local webservers

imagine some hell future in which local webservers become the basis of highly agile deployment of js-inserting apps to desktops

With so many Apps now being built on Chromium, its only a matter of time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

chromium isn't running a local web server

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

pseudorandom name posted:

Not yet!

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38657483/running-web-server-from-inside-chrome-app

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 9, 2019

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

but why

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:yum:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

javascript should be illegal

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

duz posted:

death to prank culture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfkJ-4iU25A

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

hold it’s beer

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
local web servers to enhance web site things is distressingly common. it’s a completely unsurprising consequence of killing off browser plugins for security reasons. somehow security people keep being surprised that getting rid of a particular approach for doing insecure things results in developers finding a new way to do it rather than just giving up and not doing that thing.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Shaggar posted:

javascript should be illegal

this but computers

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

duz posted:

death to prank culture

paint four swastikas labeled 1, 2, and 4

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/mjcontrera/status/1148629047229976579

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

duz posted:

death to prank culture

death to all culture

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

pretty scary that being an edgy teen now means being a neo nazi

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
uh, nazi punks have been a thing for ages

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

death to all culture

also acceptable

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:toot:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

infernal machines posted:

nazis first came around in the late 2000s didnt you know?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/tahkion/status/1013304616958607360

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

this is the cyberpunk future I was promised

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm thinking maybe the state of the art is a bit more advanced than a two year old python library, so I don't know how useful it'll be to be down with the clown.

EDIT: There's also the issue of what data has been used to train the neural network powering it, since it seems it was trained on between 5k and 8k people, and is - according to its creator - best used to tell whether an unknown person in an image looks 99.83% like a person in another image where the person has been identified.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 10, 2019

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
gently caress but i already painted my face...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

those juggalo news have come up like 5 times recently but they all seem to go back to that old thing

its a psyop!! :tinfoil:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

obscuring your face makes facial recognition hard

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

drat and I had already moved on to the eat monopoly -> poo poo connect four stage

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

D. Ebdrup posted:

I'm thinking maybe the state of the art is a bit more advanced than a two year old python library, so I don't know how useful it'll be to be down with the clown.

EDIT: There's also the issue of what data has been used to train the neural network powering it, since it seems it was trained on between 5k and 8k people, and is - according to its creator - best used to tell whether an unknown person in an image looks 99.83% like a person in another image where the person has been identified.
There's also the issue that you can train the NN to match juggalo'ed faces, and maybe train one to match juggalo'ed faces to plain faces.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

evil_bunnY posted:

There's also the issue that you can train the NN to match juggalo'ed faces, and maybe train one to match juggalo'ed faces to plain faces.
It also looks like you can train the NN to make people into juggalos (on of its advertised features is applying make-up), so now we just need to insert it into every face recognition system used and we'll all be safe.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

I was thinking those guys were like 14 but then I read the article and they were just about to graduate

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

gently caress but i already painted my face...

so you're the dude with the "notorious" tattoo huh

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

drawing a swastika on things to be edgy is marginally defensible when you're eight years old

"i'm not racist I just did a racist series of things" loses a bit of its punch when you're
high school age, called their black principal a n- and claiming not to know how bad the holocaust was.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

flakeloaf posted:

drawing a swastika on things to be edgy is marginally defensible when you're eight years old

:allears:

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

huh, Firefox already gave up on Flyweb, a largely analogous attempt to do the same but also have standards.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

tell me what it's like to spring fully formed into adulthood without ever going through a "do bad thing because it gets attention, not realizing just how bad the thing is" phase

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

*gives a big shrug* looks like we have another gently caress. LOL

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

these were nazi preppies

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fritz posted:

these were nazi preppies

well they can gently caress off too

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

i think it's like "tuna fish"

you can just say preppies, the white supremacy is presumed

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

if you like to draw rotationally symmetric patterns on graph paper it can be hard to avoid a swastika or two if youre literally a child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...