Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

minusX posted:

Boy oh boy! I wasn't going to post this since it's a bit out of scope but the current discussion is close enough! https://userinyerface.com/
thanks i hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Chunjee posted:

I haven't laughed this hard at a website in a long time. You can just look at the page and bounce after 10 seconds. You have to play along for at least a few steps.

I lost it at the little "help" box at the bottom right when you click Send to bottom and it scrolls off the screen as slowly as possible.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://i.imgur.com/XWjRHT3.mp4

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

lp0: printer on fire

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

nexxai posted:

thanks i hate it
I knew I disliked everyone, but this really spiced up my evening.

Thanks.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Arquinsiel posted:

What are the odds that this only affects Macs?

Luckily, 100%. Checkmate, Steve Jobs. :smug:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Was that after 300,000 pages printed?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

'cat Hell.ps > /dev/lp0' is not a good idea.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Don't quit early -- the last part is the best one

I clicked "NO" on the front page like 10 times absentmindedly
I can't figure out how to get it to accept my password

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Ticket came in: Printer only prints fully black pages. Please send a tech, this is affecting production.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Zereth posted:

I can't figure out how to get it to accept my password

It's just ten characters with a capital letter and a number, oh and you have to have one letter in your password from your email address. That's logical passwordery.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fil5000 posted:

It's just ten characters with a capital letter and a number, oh and you have to have one letter in your password from your email address. That's logical passwordery.
It just says my password is not unsafe in red when i try to proceed

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Zereth posted:

Have you accepted the T&Cs?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Canuck-Errant posted:

Have you accepted the T&Cs?

I couldn't get past the t&c section. The scrolling actually triggered me too hard.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I did it on my phone so I didn’t actually experience the scrolling, what did it change?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Moatman posted:

I did it on my phone so I didn’t actually experience the scrolling, what did it change?

One full rotation of the mousewheel was maybe like 1.5 lines of text. I had to click the mouse button so it could roll freely and then give it several solid spins to get through it all.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

That validation step is where I spent the most time, even after figuring out the first gimmick: the scroll bar.

The validation step is a work of art, and I still have no idea how to properly verify any of the ones that aren't the bows.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wait are there multiple possible validation steps? Mine was "check all pictures with glasses", with eyeglasses, drinking glasses, and windows and panes of glass, and I jsut checked everything

I'm still not sure what I was doing differently to get through the password part.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zereth posted:

Wait are there multiple possible validation steps? Mine was "check all pictures with glasses", with eyeglasses, drinking glasses, and windows and panes of glass, and I jsut checked everything

I'm still not sure what I was doing differently to get through the password part.

I had "Check all pictures with lights", with light bulbs, fire, and feathers/leaves"

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Zereth posted:

Your password not being unsafe should be fine. Did you make sure to uncheck that you don't accept the T&Cs

(this site really is glorious)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fil5000 posted:

Your password not being unsafe should be fine. Did you make sure to uncheck that you don't accept the T&Cs

(this site really is glorious)
I had

I'm not sure what I did to get it to actually let me go to step 2

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Kaethela posted:

The validation step is a work of art, and I still have no idea how to properly verify any of the ones that aren't the bows.

The "checkboxes are actually above the pictures, but the next row is equidistant below them and the top row is scrolled off" bit was :discourse:

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.

bell jar posted:

I took this screencap of my Teams experience a few days ago. It hasn't changed

I thought "Something must be wrong with his install" when I saw this

...until late yesterday afternoon, when the same thing happened to me.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Renegret posted:

I had "Check all pictures with lights", with light bulbs, fire, and feathers/leaves"

I saw 3 different ones: bows (people bowing, bow/bowties, archery), lights (light bulbs, fire, feathers/leaves), and glasses (cups, eyeglasses, glass panels).

It wasn't that there were multiple steps, but between the layout of the boxes and dastardly picture selection you could easily have to retry it a few times and thus cycle through all the choices.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Data Graham posted:

The "checkboxes are actually above the pictures, but the next row is equidistant below them and the top row is scrolled off" bit was :discourse:

This got me so many times...

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Nemo2342 posted:

I saw 3 different ones: bows (people bowing, bow/bowties, archery), lights (light bulbs, fire, feathers/leaves), and glasses (cups, eyeglasses, glass panels).

It wasn't that there were multiple steps, but between the layout of the boxes and dastardly picture selection you could easily have to retry it a few times and thus cycle through all the choices.

Different one: "Check all the pictures with checks" with checkboxes, checkmarks, cheques, and people evaluating things, which was just fantastic.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Che Delilas posted:

Different one: "Check all the pictures with checks" with checkboxes, checkmarks, cheques, and people evaluating things, which was just fantastic.

I went back and spammed validate and that appears to be the only other one we were missing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Giant list of checkboxes all of which are checked and have to be unchecked manually

“Check all” hidden near the end

“Uncheck all” at the end

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Good news.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-sfc-scannow-cant-fix-corrupted-files-after-update/

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

You know in all my years I don't think I've ever seen a single problem actually solved by SFC /scannow

It is a great tool to make it look like you're doing something while you hunt down the real problem though

stevewm
May 10, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

You know in all my years I don't think I've ever seen a single problem actually solved by SFC /scannow

It is a great tool to make it look like you're doing something while you hunt down the real problem though

During the Windows XP era, if you did it on a machine that had been updated through all the service packs to SP2 or 3. It would sometimes seemingly get confused and revert file versions back to older service pack versions leaving you with a very broken installation. I seen this occur more than once. Because of this I haven't touched it since then.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I've had it fix a few things on my old Win7 home install, but those were randomly re-occuring issues likely being caused by a dying SSD so :iiam:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

CollegeCop posted:

I thought "Something must be wrong with his install" when I saw this

...until late yesterday afternoon, when the same thing happened to me.

:roflolmao: the notification finally went away for me today. It was a pleasant surprise

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Internet pipe has a leak

https://i.imgur.com/l5X3J3Z.mp4

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
:stonk: on so many levels.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

your network is a piece of poo poo.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

No no no no no no no no no no no noooooo!

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

🎶Print job roasting, on an open fire...
Steve Jobs nipping at your cords🎵

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
They overclocked the network, so they had to install water cooling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You have too much fibre in your network.