Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Eso combat felt weird and clunky and I didn't particularly like it. It tried to ape the action play of single player elder scrolls games but the network lag made it not fun. Also the free play restrictions on inventory kinda suck a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote this poo poo if you're a big beautiful tetris master who dont need a splatoon theme for tetris 99 (because you got one already)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Atlantic here

Don’t want to admit how many power hours I grinded every night trying to GM taming. Though that came way after

Factions were so fun

*running noise*
"Vas Flam"
"Corp Por"

Edit:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1gC3BLq2w

Carteret fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 13, 2019

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Carteret posted:

*running noise*
"Vas Flam"
"Corp Por"

Edit:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1gC3BLq2w

Man, the music alone brings back so many memories.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that learned the UO runic alphabet

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Also:

"In Por Ylem"
"An Ex Por"
"Kal Vas Flam"
"Corp Por"
"Corp Por"

*That dying sound*

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Vendor Buy Bank Guards

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Carteret posted:

Vendor Buy Bank Guards

*off-screen*

Thou shalt regret thine actions, swine!

CLANG

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

orange juche posted:

Eso combat felt weird and clunky and I didn't particularly like it. It tried to ape the action play of single player elder scrolls games but the network lag made it not fun. Also the free play restrictions on inventory kinda suck a lot.

All of this is true.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

quote this poo poo if you're a big beautiful tetris master who dont need a splatoon theme for tetris 99 (because you got one already)

I got 18th this morning which I think is a PR. Just a lazy Saturday. Sitting in my recliner, I'll pick up the Switch, play a round and put it back down for a bit.

E: Also I completely misunderstood the premise of Super Mario Maker. I thought it was just people making Mario 1 levels and putting them on the cloud like some social Candy Crush nonsense. That looks amazing.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 13, 2019

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
Check out the UO Outlands server if you’re looking to play again(for the 30th time). Not gonna make this a whole advertisement for the server but the it’s probably the what 10th private UO server I’ve played over the years and this is the best one by far. They got some awesome boat and pirate mechanics that I’m going to focus us since I’ve never done any ship content, private or official servers.

There’s a thread in the mmo forums and I think I’ve seen at least one or two gip posters in it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

It’s definitely just standard MMO combat with fancier animations. The quest and environment design is bog standard MMO stuff, too. I really don’t understand where some people are coming from when they say it plays just like an Elder Scrolls game.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I will never play an MMO again. I wasted far too much of my time on those treadmills.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Fallom posted:

It’s definitely just standard MMO combat with fancier animations. The quest and environment design is bog standard MMO stuff, too. I really don’t understand where some people are coming from when they say it plays just like an Elder Scrolls game.

Sounds just like FF14 and every other MMO out there too then.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i've never gotten a platinum trophy but i'm closest on witcher 3 and figured i'd give it a shot but i'm really, really not looking forward to gwent. card games like that just kind of bore me.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Gwent was the only thing I straight up disliked out of Witcher. It’s cool that other people like it enough that they made a stand-alone game out of it but it’s not for me.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I can't say I enjoyed any of the gambling games out of any of the witcher series.

Which is a shame because there's a few quests tied up with gwent in witcher 3

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I really liked playing Gwent in The Witcher 3. However, I can't get into it at all when it's standalone like Hearthstone.

I am a mega nerd though and bought two physical decks for myself. The arts pretty cool and it's fun to play when you have one friend who enjoyed it as much as you did but has no interest in playing it competitively.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

finished all the stormblood story poo poo and just got to the sin eater part

jfc thats a tone change

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

finished all the stormblood story poo poo and just got to the sin eater part

jfc thats a tone change

It gets even more :catstare: later. The brakes are in another loving dimension on this train.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its really good so far

like im glad im actually watching the story instead of open palm slamming the stormblood poo poo

i beat the alisae section, just got to alphanaud.

the crack in the light wall was a really fuckin cool scene.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also bard is great now. feels way more bursty and fun, and less song bullshit and stupid situational actions that you never use but have to bind to some button

all my crafting/gathering poo poo is in the 50s too, so thats gonna be a fun grind :( are leves still the way to go?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Xbox is having another big sale. KSP: Enhanced edition is $10. Outer Wilds is $20. Sale's up for two weeks, lots of games, discounts vary but some solid good deals.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

switch pro.... is real?!?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/17/20697601/nintendo-switch-new-model-battery-life-improvements

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

tetris effect is getting a pc port at the end of the month on the epic store

its super rad

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dunno any details about the vr

in case you forgot, its tetris done by the team who did rez and lumines and it owns

it was a ps4 exclusive until now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFVL6t8IHE8

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fuckin Epic store. Guess I gotta install another games booter.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

say no more

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dunno any details about the vr

in case you forgot, its tetris done by the team who did rez and lumines and it owns

it was a ps4 exclusive until now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFVL6t8IHE8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr8fVT_Ds4Q

I liked the Tetris Effect E3 trailer where they actually described the real psychological phenomenon known as the Tetris Effect.

quote:

The Tetris effect (also known as Tetris syndrome) occurs when people devote so much time and attention to an activity that it begins to pattern their thoughts, mental images, and dreams. It takes its name from the video game Tetris.

People who played Tetris for a prolonged amount of time could find themselves thinking about ways different shapes in the real world can fit together, such as the boxes on a supermarket shelf, the buildings on a street, or hallucinating pieces being generated and falling into place on an invisible layout. In this sense, the Tetris effect is a form of habit. They might also dream about falling tetrominos when drifting off to sleep or see images of falling tetrominos at the edges of their visual fields or when they close their eyes. In this sense, the Tetris effect is a form of hypnagogic imagery.

The Tetris effect can occur with other video games. It has also been known to occur with non-video games, such as the illusion of curved lines after doing a jigsaw puzzle, or the involuntary mental visualisation of Rubik's Cube algorithms common amongst speedcubers.

On a perceptual level, sea legs are a kind of Tetris effect. A person newly on land after spending long periods at sea may sense illusory rocking motion, having become accustomed to the constant work of adjusting to the boat making such movements (see "Illusions of self-motion" and "Mal de debarquement"). The poem "Boots" by Rudyard Kipling describes the effect, resulting from repetitive visual experience during a route march:

’Tain’t—so—bad—by—day because o’ company,

But—night—brings—long—strings—o’ forty thousand million
Boots—boots—boots—boots—movin’ up an’ down again.

There’s no discharge in the war!
— Rudyard Kipling, Boots

On the mental level, computer programming has resulted in dreams about coding. Mathematicians have reported dreaming of numbers or equations, for example Srinivasa Ramanujan, or Friedrich Engels who remarked "last week in a dream I gave a chap my shirt-buttons to differentiate, and he ran off with them".

If you dream about being at work while you are sleeping, you are experiencing the Tetris Effect.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 17, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its a rad game with cool music and its worth playing through if you like tetris

yup. they've earned their right to instant buys from me.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A goon made an intro video and guide for people who are curious about that japanese RPG game called Final Fantasy 14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPEHcgcirKA

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Who here likes making custom controllers, especially using microcontrollers? I was on digikey looking for a part and found an interesting speedo OLED panel: ULCD-220RD-AR

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Slim Pickens posted:

Fuckin Epic store. Guess I gotta install another games booter.

The current free game on Epic is Limbo, which is a neat atmospheric platformer. I really enjoyed it.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

started witcher 3 from the beginning in my quest to 100% it and goddamn, even on my third? fourth? playthrough the game is still great. there's just so much to loving do.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I have an harassing amount of hours in that game and I'm thinking about another run

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Witcher 3 is on my list if there's nothing new coming out and I get tired of Battletech.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

New Wolfenstein is out in six days. I don't know where the advertising went, but I'm hype as hell

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Suntan Boy posted:

New Wolfenstein is out in six days. I don't know where the advertising went, but I'm hype as hell

Tell me again when it's not Nazi-nerfed in my dumb country :mad:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Suntan Boy posted:

I don't know where the advertising went

Remember how mad people got over the nazi killing last time? Yeah.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm firing up Endless Space 2 cuz I got the vaulters and music DLC on the SPAAAACEGAME sale. This games mechanics are loving arcane and complex, but you can sorta lean on knowing one system and letting the rest of them wash over you. It is a very pretty spacegame tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Everytime I start up Witcher 3 I get to the second area and wind up overwhelmed with all the stuff there is to do so I put it down for some reason. It seems like a great game but I am bad at it or something. Same thing with the new Zelda, I just need more linear gameplay or I stay in one place forever and wind up thinking about how long itd take to do everything I want to do.