Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

CaveGrinch posted:

What did Deke call Fitz? Popo?

Bobo, it’s old timey slang for grandpa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Davis was out of shot for just long enough at the end there that I was certain he got Snapped. Then I remembered this wasn't the finale.

I couldn't help but notice they said that Daisy and her team had been gone for five years, so five years happened between the end of last season and the beginning of this season. Is that their way of working around the snap?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

CornHolio posted:

I couldn't help but notice they said that Daisy and her team had been gone for five years, so five years happened between the end of last season and the beginning of this season. Is that their way of working around the snap?

They were in space for a year, the 5 year thing was how long Daisy has been with SHIELD, which makes sense since each season could be a year, except 5 which takes place over the course of days.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think May just straight up killed Sarge on her own. It's not like he didn't give them good reason many, many times over.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

swickles posted:

They were in space for a year, the 5 year thing was how long Daisy has been with SHIELD, which makes sense since each season could be a year, except 5 which takes place over the course of days.

I think it was the 5 years Mac has known her.

btw the guy who plays Mac is 49!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twistedmentat posted:

I think May just straight up killed Sarge on her own. It's not like he didn't give them good reason many, many times over.

Yeah, they might do a switcheroo where May is possessed and the pilot is fine but I'm betting more money in that she just killed Sarge on her own volition.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sarge is gonna Rider the gently caress out.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Kind of expecting it to turn out he's one of those bat things but somehow gained autonomy.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

I think it was the 5 years Mac has known her.

btw the guy who plays Mac is 49!

Everyone on this show is good looking as gently caress.

It's not quite Black Lightning levels, but it's pretty drat close.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Everyone on this show is good looking as gently caress.

It's not quite Black Lightning levels, but it's pretty drat close.

Chloe's purple highlights put her on another level of "holy crap."

Does anyone else follow Ming Ne Wen on Instagram? It made me realize that on AoS, she is putting on a full time scowl-face, even in scenes where May is supposed to be happy. Because in her video posts she's got this incredible joyful energy and I'm just amazing at her facial acting prowess.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Does anyone else follow Ming Ne Wen on Instagram? It made me realize that on AoS, she is putting on a full time scowl-face, even in scenes where May is supposed to be happy. Because in her video posts she's got this incredible joyful energy and I'm just amazing at her facial acting prowess.

And she doesn't have acting bitch face wrinkles.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CornHolio posted:

I think they've flat out explained it to us. Deke keeps being super excited that his multiverse theory is right, they're in a reality that branched off before the snap.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah uh, Mack was saying it's been 5 years or so since Daisy joined SHIELD. The repeatedly said this season that Daisy's team had only been searching for Fitz for one year.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Elentor posted:

Yeah, they might do a switcheroo where May is possessed and the pilot is fine but I'm betting more money in that she just killed Sarge on her own volition.

Sarge has shown he is way too quick to sacrifice people, completely amoral outside of "the mission" and its goals. Plus he straight up directly responsible for the deaths of a bunch of SHIELD agents.

Rhyno posted:

She is great and so his Chloe Benett's insta.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

She's a weird goofy nerd that's ended up in a whole career of very straight-faced roles, so the best and most genuine you see her is when she's making a silly pose next to her embarrassed kids.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'm trying to work out at what point this season they found out their run was being extended, and what they might have changed in order to accommodate a longer production cycle.

My guess is that this Snowbunny subplot was added in at the last moment since a) it comes from nowhere, hilariously so and b) it provides the show with an opportunity for characters/actors they like to hang around for longer.

I suspect the ongoing runner with the Chronocoms was added too, since that mostly seems to be about setting up next season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

This is only a 13 episode season right? So only 4 episodes left.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I still think this season ends with Mack, Fitz or Simmons (but not both), and Daisy getting snapped.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

swickles posted:

I still think this season ends with Mack, Fitz or Simmons (but not both), and Daisy getting snapped.

Nah because (endgame)The last words Thanos hears aren't "science, biatch!"

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm trying to work out at what point this season they found out their run was being extended, and what they might have changed in order to accommodate a longer production cycle.

My guess is that this Snowbunny subplot was added in at the last moment since a) it comes from nowhere, hilariously so and b) it provides the show with an opportunity for characters/actors they like to hang around for longer.

I suspect the ongoing runner with the Chronocoms was added too, since that mostly seems to be about setting up next season.

Weren’t they renewed for seasons 6 and 7 simultaneously though?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

gey muckle mowser posted:

Weren’t they renewed for seasons 6 and 7 simultaneously though?
iirc the season 7 renewal happened while season 6 was in production

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You just know they're going to Secret Empire this and for some reason Good Coulson is going to show up again and fight Sarge.

Also, a hearty congratulations to Alphonso Mackenzie for finally managing to win a fist fight.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RareAcumen posted:

You just know they're going to Secret Empire this and for some reason Good Coulson is going to show up again and fight Sarge.

and for some reason they'll both be 50 feet tall

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Petpeeve: I don't really like Yo-Yo and Mack being together again so soon, Yo-Yo's boyfriend just died a few days ago.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Oasx posted:

Petpeeve: I don't really like Yo-Yo and Mack being together again so soon, Yo-Yo's boyfriend just died a few days ago.
Yeah, but that's a lot of heartbeats in those few days.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

howe_sam posted:

I looked it up and you are correct, for some reason I thought it was at the same time

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Oasx posted:

They weren't really together though, it seemed to be a sort of new thing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

howe_sam posted:

It probably didn't have much of an effect, season 7 was approved late November and filming ended early December.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zebulon posted:

Kind of expecting it to turn out he's one of those bat things but somehow gained autonomy.

Have we ever seen someone possessed by a shrike talk?

Maybe he's possessed by Shrike Prime which used to wear the body of that woman.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Have we ever seen someone possessed by a shrike talk?

Maybe he's possessed by Shrike Prime which used to wear the body of that woman.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I still think it jumped to May. The "sleeping on the couch" routine seems out of character for a shrike or their queen, and totally in character for someone drained by a former possession.

Him waking up and having no memory of anything after splitting up with Jocko will be what leads them on the investigation

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Azhais posted:

I still think it jumped to May. The "sleeping on the couch" routine seems out of character for a shrike or their queen, and totally in character for someone drained by a former possession.

Him waking up and having no memory of anything after splitting up with Jocko will be what leads them on the investigation

"Sleeping." I don't want him dead, but I will be surprised if he's not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If Davis is dead we riot.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Bruceski posted:

"Sleeping." I don't want him dead, but I will be surprised if he's not.

They posted a synopsis for the series finale today and the guy who plays Davis, Maximilian Osinski, is not listed as a guest star. :smith: And in news I just learned from looking at IMDb. Maximilian Osinski is married to Dichan "Daisy's Mom" Lachman

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

howe_sam posted:

They posted a synopsis for the series finale today and the guy who plays Davis, Maximilian Osinski, is not listed as a guest star. :smith: And in news I just learned from looking at IMDb. Maximilian Osinski is married to Dichan "Daisy's Mom" Lachman

he's not always in every episode though so that doesn't necessarily mean anything. and also:

Rhyno posted:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Davis is just tired from all those puffs he ate. Jemma's not tired because she only had one and Daisy's not even human to begin with.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RareAcumen posted:

I uh don’t think that’s happening now :stare:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Davis survived Aida, he’d better survive this poo poo

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Davis dying is legit more upsetting than Coulson carking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I uh don’t think that’s happening now :stare:

I still doubt that's the end of Sarge. He'll show up again and be unphased to see his corpse in a room.