Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Is there a way to see deleted tweets the way there is to see deleted reddit posts? We've greatly lowered the archivability of our own forum by depending on tweets that can be deleted by someone other than the one who posted here. It'd be nice if the forums cached the tweets embedded in it.

i'm sure the admins can handle that easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Is there a way to see deleted tweets the way there is to see deleted reddit posts? We've greatly lowered the archivability of our own forum by depending on tweets that can be deleted by someone other than the one who posted here. It'd be nice if the forums cached the tweets embedded in it.

You can see deleted tweets, but only if you have a blue check mark

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Thaddius the Large posted:

How do we pay the :10bux: for upgrading?
DM @jack?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Thaddius the Large posted:

But...aren't tweets public to some extent? There's no service that archives them all and shows the deleted ones? This exists for reddit, I'm surprised it doesn't for twitter.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

But...aren't tweets public to some extent? There's no service that archives them all and shows the deleted ones? This exists for reddit, I'm surprised it doesn't for twitter.

If the answer turns out to be no, then consider that their individual-Tweet-database has a column for "hide in Germany and France" aka you know what. They make decisions quiet deliberately and as a fellow code janitor I hold them in pretty strong contempt

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

SlimGoodbody posted:

This tweet does not exist

It was a joke about how there's a subreddit for fans of both Charlie XCX and CTH, with 270k members. Probably taken down because the OP was getting overwhelmed by people unable to find it or something.

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 16, 2019

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Krazyface posted:

It was a joke about how there's a subreddit for fans of both Charlie XCX and CTH, with 270k members. Probably taken down because the OP was getting overwhelmed by people unable to find it or something.

I would follow that sub

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Chapo is a trash podcast, but what else are you going to listen to.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

an entire era of forum posts wiped out because of waffleimages

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

thanks, waffleimages!

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

uh, if you like your posts, you can keep ‘em

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

we, uh, archived some folks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

net work error posted:

This is a bad take bro

No, THIS is the bad take

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Victory Position posted:

an entire era of forum posts wiped out because of waffleimages
There is actually a working waffleimages mirror right now and you can fixup your browser to use it if you want! Info in the saclopedia. I've thought about making a GBS thread about it.

A backup of *that* should absolutely be made but yeah, the archives are not quite dead. I'd host a copy here if I were in lowtax's position but, well, I ain't.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

seeing on twitter that marianne pantsed rubin on his own show.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Uranium posted:

uh, if you like your posts, you can keep ‘em

i say swears online posted:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

i say swears online posted:

Thanks Obama.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/1151527020003811330

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Dry Boys need to do an emergency podcast about this

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo lol

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I mean if you consider the destabilizing effect of the drug cartels on Mexican government, it’s right in a sense.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

It’s so goddamn transparent that the Chapo crew is threatened by Warren’s embrace of Medicare for All because it threatens Bernie’s appeal.

All the bitching about Netroots embracing her because it allows them to think “they’re as left as Bernie” while they secretly hate all leftist policy is baseless. Plus the proposed alternative to dreaded ~technocratic solutions~ is just “traditional politics.” You know, the politics that led to a defeat in 2016.

I’m voting for Bernie in the NY primary for what it’s worth. I just want them to acknowledge that even if Warren isn’t the paragon of leftism they want, she’s taking up a huge share of the non-centrist/Biden Democratic electorate because she’s pushing for the same kinds of policy Sanders is, and not everything is a massive conspiracy against him.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
haha nope

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

libs :rolleyes:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Warren is a Republican running a long con.

Serf
May 5, 2011

MadJackal posted:

It’s so goddamn transparent that the Chapo crew is threatened by Warren’s embrace of Medicare for All because it threatens Bernie’s appeal.

All the bitching about Netroots embracing her because it allows them to think “they’re as left as Bernie” while they secretly hate all leftist policy is baseless. Plus the proposed alternative to dreaded ~technocratic solutions~ is just “traditional politics.” You know, the politics that led to a defeat in 2016.

I’m voting for Bernie in the NY primary for what it’s worth. I just want them to acknowledge that even if Warren isn’t the paragon of leftism they want, she’s taking up a huge share of the non-centrist/Biden Democratic electorate because she’s pushing for the same kinds of policy Sanders is, and not everything is a massive conspiracy against him.

consider this: warren will cave to the capitalists on every single front

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Warren would 100% lose against Trump anyways.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
lol if you think Warren would be anything other than white lady obama

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Look, I like Warren, but she has done a really bad job convincing me that she won’t immediately abandon M4A if elected and she has been extremely quiet about the actual details of her plan. Which is more than a bit suspicious since she has spent so much time coming out with detailed plans for a lot of other issues.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

yeah i totally believe Warren, who 23 and Me'd herself publicly over being called names online, will have the spine to stand up to big pharma

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MadJackal posted:

lol

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

MadJackal posted:

no.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Warren would one thousand percent eat poo poo against trump

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

None of this matters because Bernie is gonna win.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Was Matt making an argument on the last episode that Warren would be wasted as president because the meat and bones of policy making, e.g.: her numerous detailed plans, occurs in the senate? or was I having a fever-dream?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
did warren even actually embrace m4a? last month i remember her farting out some pathetic bulleted list charting a course to universal coverage, which included a public option and some baffling numbers fuckstein poo poo that amounted to what could be generously described as "medicare for some"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

I AM THE MOON posted:

yeah i totally believe Warren, who 23 and Me'd herself publicly over being called names online, will have the spine to stand up to big pharma

it's hilarious that she got the idea to do that when the ex-clinton staffer on pod save told her it'd work

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

president warren is starting to get better at embracing medicare for all and it's making bernie bros nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

papa horny michael posted:

Was Matt making an argument on the last episode that Warren would be wasted as president because the meat and bones of policy making, e.g.: her numerous detailed plans, occurs in the senate? or was I having a fever-dream?

This is 100% correct, both that that's what Matt was talking about and that's what the actual case would end up being. Warren would HAVE no power to implement policy on the wonky, detail-oriented end of things as president.