Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
When I was a kid I thought I hated all that Klasky/Csupo poo poo but my god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Friends Are Evil posted:

https://youtu.be/UN4_28J8gAg

Cats trailer Friday. Welcome to hell

That's a crazy cast. Can't remember the last time so much great talent has been involved in something that looks to be a hilarious disaster.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

thrawn527 posted:

They're doing what now? What the gently caress?
They're CG'ing them down to regular cat size and all the fur is being added in later via motion capture and I am on board for this trainwreck.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

When I was a kid I thought I hated all that Klasky/Csupo poo poo but my god.
Everything looks like it's covered in a thick layer of grease and I hate it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

caligulamprey posted:

They're CG'ing them down to regular cat size and all the fur is being added in later via motion capture and I am on board for this trainwreck.

you should go look at those sets in that preview video, they built some wacky poo poo in real life, it's not all CG

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 17, 2019

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it just me or does Idris Elba look weird clean shaven? I can't think of anything I've seen him in where he didn't have some facial hair.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Those sets are great.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Cats is apparently going to be completely insane and I'm here for it.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The Peccadillo posted:

Also I like that trailer aggregate channels are keeping the old physical copy tradition of putting the minor characters front and center as deceptive marketing after they become big draws
Speaking of, could there be like a rule that we don't post trailers from the aggregate channels? I actively seek out the trailers uploaded by the original studio channels themselves because these other channels seem to be click-baity leeches that either add watermarks or intros or post like a 30-second new clip on top of all of the previous trailers to make it seem like there's a new 4+ minute video.

Do they even have a deal with the studios? Why do average people get immediate copyright strikes and these channels don't?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

muscles like this! posted:

Is it just me or does Idris Elba look weird clean shaven? I can't think of anything I've seen him in where he didn't have some facial hair.

It's definitely gonna be the least weird thing about this movie. I can't wait

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

JazzFlight posted:

Speaking of, could there be like a rule that we don't post trailers from the aggregate channels? I actively seek out the trailers uploaded by the original studio channels themselves because these other channels seem to be click-baity leeches that either add watermarks or intros or post like a 30-second new clip on top of all of the previous trailers to make it seem like there's a new 4+ minute video.

Do they even have a deal with the studios? Why do average people get immediate copyright strikes and these channels don't?

Wondering this as well. I guess the studios feel it's free advertising and it's not like they care about ad revenue from trailers when they're making tens of millions on the films through profits and tax loopholes, so they leave it alone? I hate them because they're the first place I usually see new trailers thanks to YouTube's algorithms, and if I watch any movie trailers I get the awful grainy thumbnail misleading clickbaity videos recommended to me everywhere.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Internet Today YouTube channel stopped showing trailers in their news shows because they apparently get copyright strikes for them. The strikes are not from the studios though, but from some other entity working for multiple studios to market their movies. It's weird.

Is Cardi B in this because it's based on her life?

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 18, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB-_oNDH0d8&t=6s
Blumhouse keeping up the songs turning into spooky remixes thing from the Us trailer.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Teenage Fansub posted:

Blumhouse keeping up the songs turning into spooky remixes thing from the Us trailer.

Very pleasantly surprised at the choice here, I was expecting something corny and got The Four Tops.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

I thought it was going spooky supernatural but god drat the trailer/concept hooked me immediately. Looks awesome.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Very pleasantly surprised at the choice here, I was expecting something corny and got The Four Tops.

Shockingly cool

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I’d take a good version of Frequency

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

This looks amazing

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

morestuff posted:

I’d take a good version of Frequency

Frequency was the good version of Frequency, though? There was also a very good 2017 Japanese movie that did Frequency but it was somewhat of a twist in the movie since I don't think it was mentioned or alluded to in the trailers. I think it's getting a US remake at some point.

Your Name

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

JazzFlight posted:

Why would you strike down a free commercial?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

GrandpaPants posted:

Frequency was the good version of Frequency, though? There was also a very good 2017 Japanese movie that did Frequency but it was somewhat of a twist in the movie since I don't think it was mentioned or alluded to in the trailers. I think it's getting a US remake at some point.

Your Name

Frequency’s an OK version of Frequency

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It: Chapter 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhJ5P7Up3jA

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Dope. That final shot of the trailer looks like they might use that flashback "deleted scene" after all.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It can't be any worse than the dismal 2nd part of the original TV movie and this looks fantastic right out the gate.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

Dope. That final shot of the trailer looks like they might use that flashback "deleted scene" after all.

What is the deleted scene?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope it dials back on the jumpscare loudnoise factor

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

What is the deleted scene?

It's the 1700s and he's not quite Pennywise yet, but he reveals a bit more where he came from before eating a baby.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3464630/highly-disturbing-deleted-scene-pennywise-eating-baby/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

It's the 1700s and he's not quite Pennywise yet, but he reveals a bit more where he came from before eating a baby.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3464630/highly-disturbing-deleted-scene-pennywise-eating-baby/

Holy poo poo! I had no idea

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Tim Whatley posted:

this article really makes me wish we had gotten It starring Jonah "The Cloud Botherer" Ryan

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Despite the heavy reliance on jump scares and disappointingly underused Mike, I really did love the new It.

Can't wait for this one.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm so glad Mike is still the pin that holds them together in this new one. I was afraid they'd somehow give that to Ben too. Mike's a really important role. Man that trailer looks great.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq3_FmNUHx0

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

thrawn527 posted:

I'm one of the few people here who still likes Kevin Smith

*sigh* Welp.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I have no idea how to feel about a new Jay and Silent Bob, I think they're a little too old for this kind of humor to work anymore.

But, I haven't seen Strike Back since probably junior high so... maybe it never worked?

Deakul fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 18, 2019

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

:(

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I won't be watching that, but I appreciate that James Van Der Beek is continuing to play himself on screen after Don't Trust the B. I just hope the characterization is in line with that portrayal.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Deakul posted:

I have no idea how to feel about a new Jay and Silent Bob, I think they're a little too old for this kind of humor to work anymore.
Clerks came out in '94 when I was 13 and therefore it was the funniest loving thing on the face of the planet. The problem is I'm 38 now and a completely different human being and Kevin Smith is still the exact same person he always was.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

That looks absolutely terrible. I think I've only enjoyed Clerks and Dogma out of his entire filmography.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The only thing I want to know if that was actually Loki from Dogma or just Matt Damon in his normal church attire.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Spikeguy posted:

The only thing I want to know if that was actually Loki from Dogma or just Matt Damon in his normal church attire.

I mean, Loki died, but who gives a poo poo about canon in these dumb movies.

edit: How the gently caress did I not get the double joke in Thor: Ragnarok of Matt Damon playing a character named Loki until right loving now?! I guess I haven't thought about Dogma in a while.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I was a bit underwhelmed by the new IT Chapter One but the second one looks wayyyyy better.