Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Davis is going to seemingly die in the penultimate episode of the season, only to come back in the season 7 premiere with the tail end of a fantastic story about his unbelievable escape from death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Davis is gonna be the new ghost rider.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Argue posted:

Davis is going to seemingly die in the penultimate episode of the season, only to come back in the season 7 premiere with the tail end of a fantastic story about his unbelievable escape from death.

I'd actually love for that to become a recurring theme

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Davis is actually Mr. Immortal, paving the way for a Great Lakes Avengers spinoff

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

RareAcumen posted:

I still doubt that's the end of Sarge. He'll show up again and be unphased to see his corpse in a room.

I think it's more likely they'll put him in a freezer or something and then will be really surprised when he wakes up, with no injuries, nor memory of them at all, but a desire to chase and kill Izel.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

My predictions are:

• Izel somehow swapped with Davis while the camera was on Jaco. The nameless minion who showed up and got killed by Jaco right after he arrived was somehow the real Davis. So Davis is dead, and Izel is alive.
  • Sarge really is Coulson (through Ghost Rider magic or something) and May unknowingly just killed him. I base this on the long-running principle "May always suffers".

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
if sarge is coulson with ghost rider why doesn't he just ghost izel? that seems like it would be much more effective than this "nuclear bomb" silliness

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
It's a little early to be burying Sarge. Plenty of people on AoS have survived a torso full of lead, and Sarge is a Coulson, and Coulsons have been difficult to kill.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I think I blinked at the wrong time last week. They stopped the bomb so what destroyed the tower?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

I think I blinked at the wrong time last week. They stopped the bomb so what destroyed the tower?

They drove the truck through it. Then Daisy pulverized the bats.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I don't think Sarge has any idea who or what he is. He just knows that he's chasing Izel.

By the way, am I misremembering, or did Sarge and Jacko do something to the Earth's atmosphere, or some shield to surround the earth, or something? I'm surprised that hasn't come up yet.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

ashpanash posted:

I don't think Sarge has any idea who or what he is. He just knows that he's chasing Izel.

By the way, am I misremembering, or did Sarge and Jacko do something to the Earth's atmosphere, or some shield to surround the earth, or something? I'm surprised that hasn't come up yet.

they did some kind of scan to locate shrike that looked like a dome in the sky when they used it. it did not do anything permanent as far as we know.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, that was just deploying a Find The Shrike scanning system as far as I knew.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RareAcumen posted:

I still doubt that's the end of Sarge. He'll show up again and be unphased to see his corpse in a room.

MODOC (Mobile Organism Designed Only to Coulson)

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

This is like the only show where I care for the side cast as much as the main one, so please don't go Mr. Davis.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

stratofarius posted:

This is like the only show where I care for the side cast as much as the main one, so please don't go Mr. Davis.

I think we both know it’s grant ward in a rubber mask.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

stratofarius posted:

He and Piper are played by better actors than Yo-Yo.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Next season will be the last as they want to end the show on their own terms: https://deadline.com/2019/07/agents-of-shield-ending-season-7-marvel-abc-1202646416/

Oasx fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 18, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is bullshit.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
This is the best way for it to end. Not cancelled, but ended by the creative team at a time when they can go out on a high. We'll get an actual ending this way.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Probably for the best.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oasx posted:

Next season will be the last as they want to end the show on their own terms: https://deadline.com/2019/07/agents-of-shield-ending-season-7-marvel-abc-1202646416/

Good! Seven seasons is enough for any show. And I always like having it planned ahead of time.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I hope they spin some of them off into the movies. Would be fun to see Quake on the big screen. Also FitzSimmons making the new power armor for everyone.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ward better be back for a cameo before it ends.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Better to end things in a controlled way. Agents of SHIELD has been one of the very few delights of the past 6ish years I've seen on TV. As long as season 7 works as well as this one has, I'll be glad for what they gave us.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Ward better be back for a cameo before it ends.

Turns out Grant Ward had a twin brother also named Grant Ward.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You mean Brent Ward.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS

I don't want them to Arrow or Burn Notice themselves, so I'm fine with seven seasons and going out on their own terms.

It's been a delight, but nothing lasts forever.

agents of shield movie when

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Holy poo poo a show ending on its own terms? That never happens anymore. I'd much rather see this happen than it become a terrible Simpsons husk of itself or get unceremoniously cancelled on a cliffhanger.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Nooooo! I love this show!

Man, I'm gonna be so sad when it ends.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Chokes McGee posted:

I don't want them to Arrow or Burn Notice themselves, so I'm fine with seven seasons and going out on their own terms.

It's been a delight, but nothing lasts forever.

agents of shield movie when

Arrow is going out on its own terms...

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

Holy poo poo a show ending on its own terms? That never happens anymore. I'd much rather see this happen than it become a terrible Simpsons husk of itself or get unceremoniously cancelled on a cliffhanger.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Turns out Grant Ward had a twin brother also named landfill.

Alternatively; the Chronicoms use Fitz and Gemma's memories to create a new operative to assist them in tracking those two and Enoch down again: Grant Ward

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RareAcumen posted:

Alternatively; the Chronicoms use Fitz and Gemma's memories to create a new operative to assist them in tracking those two and Enoch down again: Grant Ward

And his two assistants, Ring Simmons and Herr Leopold

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pretty much the entire cast is being hilarious and adorable on Instagram. They're all at SDCC prepping for their panel.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Half an hour to panel!

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
"So the thing they do before they kill you is call you in and say 'We need a talk...'."
"It's a courtesy!"
-On Mack becoming a main character.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 6, Episode 9: Collision Course (Part 2)
https://i.imgur.com/h0mNRaV.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/15dB5Qr.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/Tul43IK.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/Qgra46J.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/XkuSoC2.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/U1hBS4e.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
While I'm sad it's going, I'm real glad they have an entire season to end it; S5's ending was phenomenal, and they didn't know if they were coming back then, so being able to go into thirteen episodes knowing that they have a definitive stopping point I think is going to allow them to do some real buckwild poo poo.