Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I kind of wish I'd gone into this season blind.

Although, I did learn that for the last 29 years I've been wrong about Kit. I assumed he was a fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHmRQ2Zuqr4

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
holy poo poo they're acknowledging that the wuzzles was a thing that existed

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Looks like they drew inspiration from her appearance in Donald's Diary which yes, please. It was always my favorite look for her.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

The Goof's coming. The Goof's coming.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

stratofarius posted:

it's Goofy time

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
They also posted the Glomtales takeover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHpn8JFO1ZM

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Rescue Rangers have been confirmed now as well, guess that movie they were working on must have fallen through or something.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Gorsh

At this point we know the mouse is coming within a season or two

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This show just keeps getting better.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ikanreed posted:

Gorsh

At this point we know the mouse is coming within a season or two

Sora in Season 6. Complete domination of every Disney owned property shortly thereafter.

Can't wait to see Penumbra fighting Mara Jade in a Power Loader.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

They appear to be using the Goof Troop design for Goofy, which means Max has a good chance of showing up as well.

Gosalyn’s new design looks good but I’m curious what they’re going to do with her personality though (keeping faithful to the original would basically just make her a slightly less insecure version of Webby).

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Larryb posted:

They appear to be using the Goof Troop design for Goofy, which means Max has a good chance of showing up as well.

Gosalyn’s new design looks good but I’m curious what they’re going to do with her personality though (keeping faithful to the original would basically just make her a slightly less insecure version of Webby).

((Lena - magic) + (Webby - training))/2

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Senerio posted:

They also posted the Glomtales takeover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHpn8JFO1ZM

It's the small things that I really appreciate about this show. Like how Glomgold's kilt and hat are chromakeyed out of the greenscreen shot so all you see is the red and gold lines of the tartan.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Senerio posted:

September.

Here's the Season 3 poster

(that's not Baloo and Rebecca, that's Kit and Molly)

Amazing. This is such a great show and it does such a perfect job of paying homage to the Disney afternoon lineup.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Ages posted:

holy poo poo they're acknowledging that the wuzzles was a thing that existed
That's the most amazing thing on the poster.
Also, Butterbear's new look is kind of terrifying.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I love how much Darkwing clearly hates Gizmoduck. :allears:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

SDCC coverage

Thanks for this! All of these sounds amazing and I can't wait to see it!

Senerio posted:

(that's not Baloo and Rebecca, that's Kit and Molly)

Certainly didn't expect those two to be grown-up in DT17. I guess maybe the staff wanted to cut down on child characters to avoid having similar personalities or something?

stratofarius posted:

If Panchito and Jose are Donald's old college buddies/bandmates, I'm curious how he and Goofy know each other. I just hope they talk about having to babysit a kid with a thing for keys at some point. :v:

Rhonne posted:

I love how much Darkwing clearly hates Gizmoduck. :allears:

I hope they explain why Drake doesn't like Gizmoduck here, because that part just seemed so arbitrary in A Duck Knight Returns. I mean, this Drake doesn't really give me vibes that he's got an ego like his 90s version, plus Drake didn't even think about being a vigilante until the ADKR episode so he wouldn't see Gizmoduck as competition.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I like how everyone, even Goofy, is redesigned in the show's style, except for the Rescue Rangers, who all look like their 80's character models.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I can't see Goofy on the poster.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

DoctorWhat posted:

I can't see Goofy on the poster.

Up and to the right of Scrooge, on a line through Mrs. Beakley and Violet

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
watching the trailer, i'm laughing at the fact that dewey already has an arch-nemesis. della will be so proud. :3:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ages posted:

watching the trailer, i'm laughing at the fact that dewey already has an arch-nemesis. della will be so proud. :3:

Why am I thinking Della has a gigantic list of people she's pissed off to the point of swearing eternal revenge against her.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

amigolupus posted:

Certainly didn't expect those two to be grown-up in DT17. I guess maybe the staff wanted to cut down on child characters to avoid having similar personalities or something?

I can think of two reasons. First, Tailspin takes place in the 1930s or at the very least in some earlier period than modern day. Second, Kit and Molly are original characters from the show while Baloo is tied into The Jungle Book. The book itself is public domain, but the Disney cartoon version might have some legal hoops surrounding it that this approach neatly avoids.

quote:

I hope they explain why Drake doesn't like Gizmoduck here, because that part just seemed so arbitrary in A Duck Knight Returns. I mean, this Drake doesn't really give me vibes that he's got an ego like his 90s version, plus Drake didn't even think about being a vigilante until the ADKR episode so he wouldn't see Gizmoduck as competition.

He's an actor. Of course he has an ego when he's not standing next to his childhood idol.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

nine-gear crow posted:

Why am I thinking Della has a gigantic list of people she's pissed off to the point of swearing eternal revenge against her.

Donald's power is getting pissed off, while Della's is the opposite.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

getting pissed on??

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
Okay, so... in that poster is Gizmoduck carrying a duck version of Elisa Maza, or have I gone mad?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Mal-3 posted:

Okay, so... in that poster is Gizmoduck carrying a duck version of Elisa Maza, or have I gone mad?

That's his mother.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
How i'm imagining Molly/Danger Woman's first appearance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE7zBMjubqw

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

That's his mother.

fun anecdote from the panel: Apparently Lin-Manuel Miranda's son is old enough to watch the show and understand his dad is in it, but not quite old enough to understand that Fenton's mother isn't played by Lin's real mother. So every time she shows up, he goes "that's Abeula!" and Lin made everyone swear to never reveal the truth :3:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

wait a minute

IT'S THE FREAKING WUZZLES

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So this is basically now just a Disney Afternoon reunion all crammed into one show. Well as long as they can successfully balance all these characters then cool

Wonder if they can find some way to fit Gargoyles in there (though that might be too much of a tonal clash for this show).

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

I honestly wouldn't mind if Mickey shows up, he can be like a friend of Donald's.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not sure if they’re allowed to use Mickey honestly. Then again, I thought I heard that the Rescue Rangers were off limits as well and they’ve now been confirmed as showing up next season so who knows.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

So this is basically now just a Disney Afternoon reunion all crammed into one show. Well as long as they can successfully balance all these characters then cool

Wonder if they can find some way to fit Gargoyles in there (though that might be too much of a tonal clash for this show).

the gargoyles themselves wouldn't really seem all that out of place in the ducktales world, where ghosts and monsters seem relatively commonplace, and that is kind of a problem in doing them justice. a lot of gargoyles appeal -at least to me- was the contrast of the supernatural elements with a fairly recognizable human world (along with some mildly accurate real world history compared to contemporary action cartoons of its time).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I meant more that while there were a few jokes here and there Gargoyles as a whole took itself pretty seriously (in fact, it was surprisingly adult at times for a 90’s Disney cartoon) and as such might not gel that well with the established Ducktales universe. There are probably ways you could make it work though.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Nodosaur posted:

wait a minute

IT'S THE FREAKING WUZZLES

someone asked about this during the Q&A and Frank's response was "I've never heard of a wuzzle before in my life" which, given that it was a blatant lie, basically confirmed it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

stratofarius posted:

I honestly wouldn't mind if Mickey shows up, he can be like a friend of Donald's.

He'd be the kinda guy who's just way to clean, positive and enthusiastic about everything, which kinda just annoys everyone. Like a less inspiring Captain America.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ages posted:

How i'm imagining Molly/Danger Woman's first appearance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE7zBMjubqw

Watching that episode is literally one of my very first memories

Larryb posted:

There's been some speculating that we might be getting some time and dimension traveling shenanigans in this show eventually, which would be a good way to handle that

Larryb posted:

I meant more that while there were a few jokes here and there Gargoyles as a whole took itself pretty seriously (in fact, it was surprisingly adult at times for a 90’s Disney cartoon) and as such might not gel that well with the established Ducktales universe. There are probably ways you could make it work though.

Gargoyles is still pretty drat adult even by 2019 standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

drrockso20 posted:

Watching that episode is literally one of my very first memories

There's been some speculating that we might be getting some time and dimension traveling shenanigans in this show eventually, which would be a good way to handle that

Gargoyles is still pretty drat adult even by 2019 standards

last I heard Gargoyles was continuing life as a comic book series by the show creator, does Disney still own it?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

fun anecdote from the panel: Apparently Lin-Manuel Miranda's son is old enough to watch the show and understand his dad is in it, but not quite old enough to understand that Fenton's mother isn't played by Lin's real mother. So every time she shows up, he goes "that's Abeula!" and Lin made everyone swear to never reveal the truth :3:

this is adorable :kimchi: