Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

:blastu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:perfect:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

morestuff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skIwTA8e90

Feels kind of weird to announce two movies at once, even for a tired old horror franchise

Considering it made $255million on a $10million budget, I'd say there's still plenty of life left in the franchise yet.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAjsBZEOnVw

I don't think I've seen this trailer posted. I haven't watched anything by Morgan Spurlock since The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, but this looks interesting.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The first Super Size Me was stupid, because no poo poo if everyday your meals consisted of calorie dense foods with generally poor macro ratios and very little micronutrients you're gonna feel like rear end. More so if you don't workout every day to burn off those excess calories. It's entirely possible to eat smart at fast food places, but the documentary made a point to order everything on the menu as is, which is fine... but come on, that poo poo is obvious lol.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Wasn't his body breaking down less because of the daily Big Macs and more because he was a secret binge-drinking alcoholic (and also sexual miscreant)?

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=disclpVzoMQ

This looks incredible.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

teagone posted:

The first Super Size Me was stupid, because no poo poo if everyday your meals consisted of calorie dense foods with generally poor macro ratios and very little micronutrients you're gonna feel like rear end. More so if you don't workout every day to burn off those excess calories. It's entirely possible to eat smart at fast food places, but the documentary made a point to order everything on the menu as is, which is fine... but come on, that poo poo is obvious lol.

I don't think it gained popularity because people were flabbergasted that McDonald's wasn't amazing for you. I think it was precisely because everyone knew that going into it. The satisfaction of watching something confirm what you already believe.

Also it was interesting for the slow-mo car wreck aspect of it, watching what actually happens to him. The doc is essentially a dude sacrificing himself for our viewing pleasure.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If I wanted to see someone turn into a fat piece of poo poo and sacrifice his physique by eating poorly, I'd look in the dang mirror.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Lobok posted:

Also it was interesting for the slow-mo car wreck aspect of it, watching what actually happens to him. The doc is essentially a dude sacrificing himself for our viewing pleasure.

It came out right when Jackass was popular so that fits

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Lobok posted:

I buy this, makes sense.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Ad Astra looks awesome, as does Monos.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqi-8kAMmM

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Henry Cavill is one yoked, handsome man. :allears:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is honestly worse than the Cats trailer in a lot of ways.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I'm not versed in Witcher lore since I haven't read the books or played the games, but as far as a grim fantasy action adventure things go, that trailer worked for me.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
The thing that made me sus of the Witcher show is some interview with the showrunner where she said only at the end....do we see...and only for a moment...that despite his exterior...Geralt is actually kind of a sensitive and vulnerable guy...
Where in the games he's making frickin clown puns in every second sidequest

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LChasT9ZWck

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

That is a travesty.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teagone posted:

I'm not versed in Witcher lore since I haven't read the books or played the games, but as far as a grim fantasy action adventure things go, that trailer worked for me.

It is the most generic-rear end generic fantasy cheap slop you could possibly imagine when working with a lore as rich and incredible as The Witcher series.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

NOT MY GERALT

:goonsay:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Sorry, I really just like Henry Cavill's pecs.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Monos: The Honds of Fote

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

NOT MY GERALT

:goonsay:

i just think if breaking bad/mad men are gonna be the default bar for male-driven prestige TV dramas producers should come 2 terms with the fact that those shows...are funny

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Hat Thoughts posted:

i just think if breaking bad/mad men are gonna be the default bar for male-driven prestige TV dramas producers should come 2 terms with the fact that those shows...are funny

And frankly the Witcher series is pretty funny, if only for Geralt staring pensively while trying to solve a dialogue puzzle only for you to just kill everyone seconds later

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Are the books funny? Cause that is what this is based on.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Vintersorg posted:

Books?! What do I look like, a fucken nerd?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-PDQsetTE8

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What the hell are you trying to say Hat Thoughts.

Do you represent all hat thoughts? Cause I’m not liking it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Aside from the brief shot of Geralt under the influence of potions at the end there, that just doesn't look weird enough. But I'll give it a shot and prolly hatewatch it

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Honestly looks far better than I was expecting it to.

I would absolutely watch it, I was ready to declare it complete trash but Henry Cavill sold me and also the Yen reveal... :swoon:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

This looks good really good, but I just want them to put Triss' hair in the little buns. Please do this.

Also, I'm still holding out hope that Mark Hamill gets cast as Vesemir. Just do it, Netflix!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Isn't the dude supposed to be a monster hunter or something? Where's all the fuckin' monsters

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nope.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Isn't the dude supposed to be a monster hunter or something? Where's all the fuckin' monsters

Half monster hunting, half trying to gently caress the farmer's daughter. Specific nerds will never be happy with adaptations of their specific kingdoms. Doesn't really matter what happens. They'll always do something wrong.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There’s a monster right at the end. Or does that not count? Should he be going thru his deck of naked women he just hosed?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I've read the books and played the games, and I think it looks pretty good, honestly, barring a few jarring visual changes that are different from what we are used to. A lot depends on how well Cavill can depict the deadpan tone of Geralt punctuated with really dry humour, and also if they're gonna touch upon some of the weird fairy tale stuff that gives the universe a lot of its character, as opposed to the hyper-gritty Game of Thrones atmosphere.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

There’s a monster right at the end. Or does that not count?

A two minute trailer with a single monster is not my preferable ratio.

As a person who hasn't read the books or played the games and only knows the concept via cultural osmosis, I was definitely expecting it to be much more of a creature feature as opposed to Game of Thrones: Part II. I actually think the show looks pretty good, so I'm holding out hope that they're just holding back on a lot of the unfinished effects shots, but I'm already shifting my expectations.

But I'm a sucker when it comes to high fantasy—if someone's putting in some effort, I'll give it a shot. Hell, I watched and enjoyed a decent chunk of The Shannara Chronicles. Though I couldn't make it through Legend of the Seeker. Hype for Dark Crystal, though, reactions to the first episode at Comic Con were pretty glowing.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 20, 2019

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

feedmyleg posted:

It's based on the books, there's far far less monsters in the books than in the games, it's why he mainly keeps his silver sword on Roach rather than on his person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I don't know what you folks are talking about, that trailer was full of monsters :confused:

Odds of somebody blubbering "b-buh witchers aren't supposed to kill humans" in the first episode are pretty good I'd imagine

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 20, 2019