Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Shoot her in the head, dummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

drat Daisy you could at least try to quake her out or something.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Inspector 34 posted:

I'm gonna just assume you all are refugees from another universe cuz I haven't seen a Zima in the wild since like 2005

the multiverse is a concept that only exists in high level hucksters and the incredibly stupid

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Ok, firstly gently caress everyone for killing Davis, that was drat unfair and unneeded. It wasn't even a heroes death. Also, gently caress everyone double for doing what Mack expressly said not to do (give Izel a powerful host).

However, deke being absolutely covered in hickies is just LOL so, maybe they are forgiven.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/1152485193820729344

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
I was looking up the name that Sarge said for himself this episode ("Pachacutiq"), and the wikipedia page for the Incan emporer had this to say:

quote:

In Quechua Pachakutiq means "he who overturns space and time" (though more commonly translated as "earth shaker"), and Yupanki [his surname] means "with honor"
so that's fun

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

It's ok they can just the monoliths to recreate Davis... right guys? right???

:ohdear:

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Why do Whedons always take the pure and beautiful from us?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He stole a pen
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Hq0x4FDkz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I like how they've introduced Fitz's copy and everyone has pretty much accepted that he's the real Fitz, while Sarge is a more recent direct copy.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

hope and vaseline posted:

It's ok they can just the monoliths to recreate Davis... right guys? right???

:ohdear:

The Fear Dimension will create Piper's worst fear:

Davis, But Cool

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Looks like the multiverse theory WAS a red herring for something neater and more in line with the AoS lore: Sarge being a creation of Coulson and his distorted memories sent to Izel's (former) soulmate in the Ghost Rider realm.

What I'm still trying to wrap my head around is this: Did the show tell us how Izel became corporeal and made the Shrike or is that still up unexplained? I'm guessing she probably got ahold of the Darkhold and it turned her "wish" into something terrible like the Shrike.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ApeHawk posted:

Looks like the multiverse theory WAS a red herring for something neater and more in line with the AoS lore: Sarge being a creation of Coulson and his distorted memories sent to Izel's (former) soulmate in the Ghost Rider realm.

What I'm still trying to wrap my head around is this: Did the show tell us how Izel became corporeal and made the Shrike or is that still up unexplained? I'm guessing she probably got ahold of the Darkhold and it turned her "wish" into something terrible like the Shrike.

The show did not, the only reference to it was in her conversation with him where she said she left and he longed to follow. How she did it and why she's so powerful is presumably still to be explained.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dangit show. The moment Davis was talking about seeing his kid at the start of this season I figured he was dead, but y'all dragged it out so long I started hoping again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This isn't cool at all and is totally cringey.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

This isn't cool at all and is totally cringey.

I witnessed this happen at a Star Trek TNG cast Q&A in Klingon and could just barely hear a muffled and horrified woman say no as the mic got pushed away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Emerson Cod posted:

I witnessed this happen at a Star Trek TNG cast Q&A in Klingon and could just barely hear a muffled and horrified woman say no as the mic got pushed away.

People started doing it so much in front of Patrick Stewart that he started saying the wrong quotes just to mess with people.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Emerson Cod posted:

Oh good Lord. I know a surprise proposal is cute and makes for a fun story but if there's any doubt at all pop the question in private and make a show of it as the official announcement if that sort of spectacle is something you BOTH want.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really hate public proposals in crowded places.

Anyways, looks like we've got ourselves a brand new fancy Coulson body.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

“Just some pens. And some plans.”

“Plans?”

”Space plans.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_2KUXDACoU

Gonz fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 20, 2019

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This is totally how they bring back Coulson right? Izel kept calling Coulson's body a husk, or a vessel for Quezacoatl (I know that wasn't it but can't remember the actual name). So that thing will "leave" Coulson's body (presumably to kill Izel, or will be forced out by sciene biyatch) and leave us with Coulson intact with all memories before sealing off the "Fear Dimension", which is most of him before he died.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Comicon trailer.

Spoilers obviously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcs2vFVM3mI

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elentor posted:

I see what you did there

I didn't and still don't

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

RareAcumen posted:

I didn't and still don't
The line about Deke being "just a dick" is a callback to GotG 1 where Quill says something like "I'm an rear end in a top hat, but I'm not 100% a dick."

I thought it was pretty clever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hey its Piper, lets talk to Piper!

Rhyno posted:

Comicon trailer.

Spoilers obviously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcs2vFVM3mI

Hahah that last bit.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Alrigh, so there's one more episode, and then the 2-part finale, so just 2 more weeks of AoS until '2020'.

I'll be sad to see the series go after S7, but it's probably been my favorite Scifi show in a long time.
Just such a shame it shambled around so much in early S1, causing a lot of people to dismiss it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

SubNat posted:

Alrigh, so there's one more episode, and then the 2-part finale, so just 2 more weeks of AoS until '2020'.

I'll be sad to see the series go after S7, but it's probably been my favorite Scifi show in a long time.
Just such a shame it shambled around so much in early S1, causing a lot of people to dismiss it.

Its unfortunate but is so worth the payoff.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Honesty a lot of people may have dismissed it but the fact that it got 7 seasons shows that it still gained quite a following, so screw those people they're only cheating themselves.

Clark Gregg was right all along

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I'm starting to warm up to Davis

Later:

Figures

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
So if we're getting seven seasons, do we get a movie also?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zebulon posted:

So if we're getting seven seasons, do we get a movie also?

Marvel just listed like 15 movies and 12 tv shows, so i guess not.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Even Robb Stark got his own movie

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Rocksicles posted:

Marvel just listed like 15 movies and 12 tv shows, so i guess not.

A lot of those movies were untitled.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nooneofconsequence posted:

A lot of those movies were untitled.

Agents of Yet to be Named

Also this is going to weird places if Izel is from limbo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't like Izel.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Props to Piper for basically shrugging off that gunshot wound to the entire palm of her hand.

Rhyno posted:

I don't like Izel.

Kinda feels like the point so far.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If she hadn't killed Davis I'd like her just fine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RareAcumen posted:

Props to Piper for basically shrugging off that gunshot wound to the entire palm of her hand.

Kinda feels like the point so far.

She does move while keeping it safe, so that was good.

I bet AoS characters so show up in What If...

What if... Agents of shield showed up in any MCU movies.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rhyno posted:

I don't like Izel.

I like her design, but I liked doofy Davis more.

Come to think about it, why was Izel just napping when she was possessing him? Did she want to avoid conversation? Just imagine her pretending to sleep, while Piper kept nagging and pushing Davis, before putting a silly hat on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

I like her design, but I liked doofy Davis more.

Come to think about it, why was Izel just napping when she was possessing him? Did she want to avoid conversation? Just imagine her pretending to sleep, while Piper kept nagging and pushing Davis, before putting a silly hat on him.

Pretty sure that's it yeah. When she possessed him initially it was a moment of desperation as her ship was soon to be destroyed and she really had no idea what awaited her on the base. So she likely took her time to get the lay of the land and speak as little as possible before commencing operations Wake Sarge and Find Monoliths.