Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Just straight into the spicy brine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Wow basically a page and a half on bell peppers.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Hypnolobster posted:

Wow basically a page and a half on bell peppers.

Wait til we get on the superiority of Kirkland toilet paper

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Things pissing me off: Kirkland seltzer water is out at my store again.

Things not pissing me off: cheap premium gas

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Virigoth posted:

Things pissing me off: Kirkland seltzer water is out at my store again.

That's why I grab 4-6 cases every time I go, even if I don't think I need it yet. I've seen it out a couple of times, and it really sucks.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

peppers suck rear end on pizza, sorry but it’s true.

Yep.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
PBUC?

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 20, 2019

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

oh dang, me a decade ago is salivating at how cheap that must be

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Grem posted:

Bidet or wet wipes forever bitch

Relevant Tangent posted:

oh dang, me a decade ago is salivating at how cheap that must be

I think I just got a sympathy hangover.

e: speaking of booze, Costco is clearancing Johnny Walker Platinum 18 year for $59 right now, you know your boy grabbed a bottle.

I've been collecting expensive Costco cleance booze for like 8 years. Some finds:

Macallan 15 year triple cask for around $35
Springbank 18 year for $105
Glenlivet 18 year for $45
Glenlivet Code for $50

I think half of my extensive whiskey collection is expensive clearance booze. I have no idea why they clearance awesome alcohol, but I check every single time I go and have done for years and years. You would be surprised what you can find. Even the super-duper expensive locked case of liquor sometimes has clearance items, which is where I got the Springbank.

Taima fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 19, 2019

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

priznat posted:

My Costco renewal is coming up and debating continuing with gold star or going up to executive. We had exec in the past but the money back coupons were a bit of a pain because I’d always forget to bring them. Or even forget to use them if I had them in my wallet all tucked away.

If the app allowed you to use those as well as being the membership card that would be rad.

Any other perks on exec worth it?

Executive gets you 2% cash back on everything you buy inside the warehouse, but costs an extra $60/year. 60/.02 = $3000/year break-even point. If you spend more than $3k a year ($250/month) the upgrade pays for itself. If you spend less than that, it's probably not worth it.

E: There are some other minor perks if you go through Costco for third party services (e.g. auto insurance) where you'll get some kind of discount or deal, but most people only care about the cash back.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Azuren posted:

Executive gets you 2% cash back on everything you buy inside the warehouse, but costs an extra $60/year. 60/.02 = $3000/year break-even point. If you spend more than $3k a year ($250/month) the upgrade pays for itself. If you spend less than that, it's probably not worth it.

E: There are some other minor perks if you go through Costco for third party services (e.g. auto insurance) where you'll get some kind of discount or deal, but most people only care about the cash back.

I end up getting it whenever I move house and know I have a giant pile of white goods or flooring or croissants or whatever to buy, also good if you have a baby and are about to require 6,000 diapers and associated lotions. Then I'll let it lapse and just run a normal membership.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Azuren posted:

Does the 4% on gas go towards that? Because cheap costco gas plus 4% back has been my goto move here lately.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Loll

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

18 year old me is getting thirsty.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

costco doesn't judge what you drink as long as you buy in bulk and get a good discount

pbuc

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Do they offer Thunderbird or Night Train?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Taima posted:

Bidet or wet wipes forever bitch

I think I just got a sympathy hangover.

e: speaking of booze, Costco is clearancing Johnny Walker Platinum 18 year for $59 right now, you know your boy grabbed a bottle.

I've been collecting expensive Costco cleance booze for like 8 years. Some finds:

Macallan 15 year triple cask for around $35
Springbank 18 year for $105
Glenlivet 18 year for $45
Glenlivet Code for $50

I think half of my extensive whiskey collection is expensive clearance booze. I have no idea why they clearance awesome alcohol, but I check every single time I go and have done for years and years. You would be surprised what you can find. Even the super-duper expensive locked case of liquor sometimes has clearance items, which is where I got the Springbank.

Not Costco, but I picked up several bottles of Basil Hayden's for $18 each when Walmart was clearing them out.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Coredump posted:

Does the 4% on gas go towards that? Because cheap costco gas plus 4% back has been my goto move here lately.

Gas is specifically excluded from the Executive Membership rebate. Dogs too.

quote:

In the U.S., Rewards are not calculated: (i) on purchases of cigarettes or tobacco-related products, gasoline, Costco Cash Cards, postage stamps, alcoholic beverages in certain states (including Alabama, Connecticut, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, and Tennessee), and at food courts; (ii) on membership fees; (iii) on purchases not recorded through Costco’s front-end registers and transactions done on or through websites not hosted by Costco even if accessed through Costco.com, including all business, consumer, and insurance services, the Online Photo Center, and the My Publisher website; (iv) on miscellaneous fees, deposits and taxes, including sales tax and shipping; (v) where prohibited by law or regulation; (vi) on purchases made by anyone other than the account’s Primary or Primary Household Cardholder; (vii) on travel purchases: surcharges, gratuities, trip protection, travel purchased through a third party, upgrades, rental car equipment, resort charges and port charges; and (viii) on certain other categories as determined at Costco’s discretion, which may change without notice.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Do West Coast Costcos carry E40's Sluricane? That would own.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Grem posted:

Hypnolobster posted:

Kirkland TP is great, but also any toilet paper that avoids getting poo poo on your hands is good enough if you also have flushable wipes.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tim Whatley posted:

Do West Coast Costcos carry E40's Sluricane? That would own.

poo poo son, this WAS a westcoast Costco. I have yet to see E-40s Slurricane on shelves here. Yet!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
What's the most you've spent in one visit to the food court?

....$215.42

Providing lunch for our 50 employees in the dealership as well as any possibly hungry customers

PBUC

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
How fast can they crank out that many pies, I’m curious

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

priznat posted:

How fast can they crank out that many pies, I’m curious

No idea, I called a bit after opening for a noon pick up time.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Throw a case of Mad Dog 20/20 on there and you got yourself a party.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Throw a case of Mad Dog 20/20 on there and you got yourself a party.

This is what working at a car dealership should really be like.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Obviously this heatwave is across most of the country but I decided to brave Costco on a Saturday here in NH with 105 degree temps.

Fire alarm goes off and everybody is forced to evacuate into the hot parking lot. :kingsley:

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Tim Whatley posted:

Obviously this heatwave is across most of the country but I decided to brave Costco on a Saturday here in NH with 105 degree temps.

Fire alarm goes off and everybody is forced to evacuate into the hot parking lot. :kingsley:

Wow I didn't know it was hot enough to do that

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I blame it on the deals

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Some fire alarms are set for super low temps, like 120F and poo poo, we set off a bunch on a ship when we sailed from freezing cold Germany to hot rear end Texas in the early spring without opening more ventilation.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was hanging out with a Costco marketing dude all this week and man, that dude loved what he did. We got drunk and I brought up how much I love Costco, as what comes up in any normal conversation, and he mentioned he worked for them. Then it was just back and forth about how great Costco is. I mentioned I had the CC and he said how great the card is and called it the "4-3-2-1" in regards to the cash back.

We were drinking a lot so I don't remember most of the conversation but drat, that dude was on point.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
After eyeballing it on several trips I finally got the Kirkland honey mustard snack mix and it owns.

Coats the fingers pretty good tho, bring a wet wipe!

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
today I threw a party for my three large sons. costco supplied the tremendous sheet cake (customized with their names, serves 48 guests for $18.99), all of the drinks, the veggie and fruit platters, napkins, plates, silverware, and I think several presents that the guests brought. slam dunked a dog in my maw before carting the loot to the pool, and an happy day was had by all. pbuc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if you an upper middle class peep and having a party to do the age-old social dick waving competition, you can't do costco things anymore because all your peer will also have costco memberships and know the costco things you got

but if you're having it for like genuine reasons and poo poo go get costco

so costco gives you signal if the party you're going to is a dickwaving dealio. pbuc

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Anyone who turns their nose up at my benevolent Co feast doesn't deserve my love

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

lol at inviting rich people to your parties instead of a queue for a guillotine so your Costco is less crowded

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Anyone who turns their nose up at my benevolent Co feast doesn't deserve my love

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I just wanna say since I started the past 3 pages of pizza talk that even though I don't like bell peppers on pizza, I'm sure costco supreme pizza would be delicious regardless

because it's from Costco.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

priznat posted:

Really? Is that part of the app?

I am hesitant to hand over my phone to get it swiped on the scanner like a flat of tomato paste.

Yeah, there’s a tab for it in the app. You have to go to the membership desk to enrol for some reason. I didn’t see any new hardware, they probably just use the hand scanners.

e: vvv Canada still has the Polish, but the pizza is garbage now.

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Toxic Mental posted:

I just wanna say since I started the past 3 pages of pizza talk that even though I don't like bell peppers on pizza, I'm sure costco supreme pizza would be delicious regardless

because it's from Costco.

The food court is easily the worst thing about Costco, and I say that as someone who has been shopping there regularly for over a decade. They have no idea what to do with the food court. They got rid of the polish, which was loving idiotic. They should just embrace the food court being a non-revenue generating part of the experience, but instead they are bringing all kinds of stupid poo poo in an effort to make it a money maker. gently caress the food court.

Now that the polish is gone, the best food court item I've had is the al pastor pineapple pizza you can get in Mexico, and it's so lit, but you would never get that in America. Costco needs to clean up its food court more than anything else about the store. Decide what the gently caress you want the food court to be. Ideally they would say "hey you're spending $200 per trip, maybe the food court should be a value add" but that's not where they're trying to go with it at all and it's frustrating.

If they brought the rotating al pastor meat to the USA like they had in Mexico, it would be a slam dunk and they could do not just the al pastor pizza, but tacos etc. but for whatever reason every decision the food court makes in terms of its offerings in the USA is complete poo poo.

Taima fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jul 21, 2019