Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Jesus Christ that is like, a substantial amount of hair :magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

holy poo poo that's the best birthday wish video

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Martinpale posted:

Sumit is too pure and beautiful to be on this show.

I like him, but I think he and Jenny are dumb and I don't fully understand what will happen if Sumit's parents don't approve. Can they prevent him from getting legally married, like he needs their permission? I mean as a separate issue from the family and cultural problems and such, which are important and so on. But what's to stop them from getting married and telling his family, Sorry but deal with it?

It's totally understandable that they're nervous and anxious about his parents finding out and disapproving, but they're just digging a deeper hole for themselves the longer they keep lying to his parents. That can't be sustainable, either, so if they don't need Sumit's parents' approval to obtain a marriage license, they may as well be honest and try to make amends for lying for so long.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Three Olives posted:

OK, so I just finished watching the last episode with my husband and was like, I have to show you this video...

I think I watched the cameo video distracted at work because I thought the insane part was they were letting their kid play with a clump of hair but oh my god that is seriously underselling the video.

Him repeatedly smelling his penis sheath and telling his wife it needs to be washed*. Or the unscripted side eye his wife gives him cause he's weird as all hell.

*warshed

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Bobbie Wickham posted:

I like him, but I think he and Jenny are dumb and I don't fully understand what will happen if Sumit's parents don't approve. Can they prevent him from getting legally married, like he needs their permission? I mean as a separate issue from the family and cultural problems and such, which are important and so on. But what's to stop them from getting married and telling his family, Sorry but deal with it?

It's totally understandable that they're nervous and anxious about his parents finding out and disapproving, but they're just digging a deeper hole for themselves the longer they keep lying to his parents. That can't be sustainable, either, so if they don't need Sumit's parents' approval to obtain a marriage license, they may as well be honest and try to make amends for lying for so long.

They said in the last episode (when they went to the lawyer) that, if his parents disapprove, then it's a MASSIVE problem. Or, if they're not told. Basically, the parents go to the government and file an objection to the marriage, and Sumit and Jenny have to go to court and spend an enormous amount of time and money to justify why they should be married, and why the marriage wasn't fraudulently obtained because "everyone involved" weren't notified or given a chance to object before the marriage happened. It's why Sumit freaked out at the prospect of the notification being sent to his official residence, a.k.a. his parent's house.

I'm not saying that it's a good system or anything, but...that's how they do, in the country where they're getting married.

We Got Us A Bread fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 17, 2019

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Man, that system sucks.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Man, that system sucks.

Their caste system sucks more

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

have any of the rest of you worked "bitch-rear end slut-rear end whore" into your daily insult rotation?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

have any of the rest of you worked "bitch-rear end slut-rear end whore" into your daily insult rotation?

I have. Not once. Not twice. But THRICE

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I went back and watched from the beginning of Pillow Talk and it turns out I had a lot of misconceptions due to starting a few episodes in.

Like I thought Colt was just a regular lazy slob and Larissa was a violent psycho just out for a green card. Turns out Colt is a creepy emotionless fuckboy who basically kidnapped her and who has 100% killed at least one person and also possibly eaten them and also possibly shared the meal with his mom.

I also love the evolution of Dean’s blatant crush on Chantel, but he’s too good for her.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yeah, Larissa is like Anfisa in that you think they are terrible people. And they are, but they are blunt about their expectations and why they came over unlike their lying husbands

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I haven't actually seen Larissa's episodes because I am only viewing through US Hulu currently, but from what I understand, Colt escalated her a lot and she's more stable when she's around people other than him. Is that accurate?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Colt is a huge gaslighter. He comes across as an oblivious momma's boy at first but after you realize that you'll see he manages to poke every button whenever she gets upset.

There was a video she posted where she was trying to sleep and Coltee was blasting music in her ear and as soon as he realized he was being recorded he started talking about how he was sleeping and why did she wake him up.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Wonder if she ever did the threesome with his mom tho

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Coltee is an incel nice guy that lives with his mom. he's vile

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Donovan Trip posted:

Coltee is an incel nice guy that lives with his mom. he's vile

he does that thing smug nerds do where they talk in increasingly patronising and condescending tones until the other person gets angry so they can use it to deflect from the original issue

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Also his tits are huge

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
And his dick is tiny, assuming that photo posted earlier in the thread is authentic

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Coltee hit on my wife when she messaged him on IG. She would say the most ridiculous poo poo to him, and he was deadpan serious about everything. Either he’s actually like that or he’s a genius straight man

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I stand by "he's a sociopath"
Folks might be inclined to say on the spectrum but it's obvious he's well aware of social cues and how to piss Larissa off the most while also trying to appear sincere

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Coltee hit on my wife when she messaged him on IG. She would say the most ridiculous poo poo to him, and he was deadpan serious about everything. Either he’s actually like that or he’s a genius straight man

Not gonna lie, I wanna see those DMs

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Love after Lockup is insane. James watching Alla obviously dopesick and shooting up in the restaurant saying she may be pregnant and that’s why she’s so utterly hosed it is just the most naive thing ever. The producers are probably gonna go to hell for that.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I stand by "he's a sociopath"
Folks might be inclined to say on the spectrum but it's obvious he's well aware of social cues and how to piss Larissa off the most while also trying to appear sincere

He's also with it enough to know how to convince the police to uncuff him and arrest Larissa.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

One of the first episodes Colt was ever on he said the words "It's just not logical" and that's about all I needed to know to peg him as a loving weirdo manipulative bitch

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Donovan Trip posted:

Not gonna lie, I wanna see those DMs

pretty sure she deleted them, but she was all like "oh yeah I'm into pee and poop" and he was like "hell yeah, that's hot"

This was maybe a few days after the first episode aired.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

My wife is a hardcore TLC junkie. We’ve been watching 90-Day since the 2nd season and honestly I’m glad it’s not another show about hoarding, babies, or hoarding babies.
I have to agree with the peeps who think Kalani is sexy, but TOW’s Tiffany might have dethroned her. (Note: I have a type, and it’s chubby brunettes with big brown eyes).

I’ve made a new game out of guessing how badly the promos are cutting people out of the original context of their statements. Sometimes it reminds me of that episode of Newsradio where joe re-cuts the baseball promo to make Bill say that he “likes boys and is on crack”
The scene where Pao was being shown to refuse to let Russ’ mom touch the baby and it ended up she goes “oh I’ve been so selfish, I should change that. Here, play with the baby” was the worst.

Also, I hope someone runs over Jay but at this point I am convinced it was all fake and Ashley deserves whatever he does from here on out.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

otter posted:

My wife is a hardcore TLC junkie. We’ve been watching 90-Day since the 2nd season and honestly I’m glad it’s not another show about hoarding, babies, or hoarding babies.
I have to agree with the peeps who think Kalani is sexy, but TOW’s Tiffany might have dethroned her. (Note: I have a type, and it’s chubby brunettes with big brown eyes).

I’ve made a new game out of guessing how badly the promos are cutting people out of the original context of their statements. Sometimes it reminds me of that episode of Newsradio where joe re-cuts the baseball promo to make Bill say that he “likes boys and is on crack”
The scene where Pao was being shown to refuse to let Russ’ mom touch the baby and it ended up she goes “oh I’ve been so selfish, I should change that. Here, play with the baby” was the worst.

Also, I hope someone runs over Jay but at this point I am convinced it was all fake and Ashley deserves whatever he does from here on out.

They've taken the Hell's Kitchen "next time" promos to a whole new level. Except for the Paul "running into the woods like he poo poo himself" (although he addresses the running in typically Paul-like fashion in that Cameo video) and the "is a terrorist" stuff. That's all legit.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Martinpale posted:

They've taken the Hell's Kitchen "next time" promos to a whole new level. Except for the Paul "running into the woods like he poo poo himself" (although he addresses the running in typically Paul-like fashion in that Cameo video) and the "is a terrorist" stuff. That's all legit.

Never not funny https://youtu.be/_HOV-I3f0Uc

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Martinpale posted:

Maybe his brain processes things like a choose your own adventure.

You have received a letter that calls you out and makes you accountable for your prior actions. Do you:
A) call the office and try to explain the situation, potentially with a lawyer?
B) give up, pack your copious amounts of safari gear and return to Kentucky?
C) run wild-eyed through town as if your legs have been replaced with those of s newborn calf?

You have chosen C. Good luck, idiot.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I don't think anything has really surpassed hells kitchen 'next time' edits. They've insinuated whole gay love affairs that had zero basis in reality, and I appreciate that as a thought exercise in how manipulative reality TV editing can be.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Donovan Trip posted:

I don't think anything has really surpassed hells kitchen 'next time' edits. They've insinuated whole gay love affairs that had zero basis in reality, and I appreciate that as a thought exercise in how manipulative reality TV editing can be.

Fox are the Kings of the editing industry

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010

Demon Of The Fall posted:

pretty sure she deleted them, but she was all like "oh yeah I'm into pee and poop" and he was like "hell yeah, that's hot"

This was maybe a few days after the first episode aired.

Maybe do some soul searching If you're messaging people from this show

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

the chief v2 posted:

Maybe do some soul searching If you're messaging people from this show

lol yeah, who likes to gently caress around and have fun? Not this guy

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

otter posted:

Maybe his brain processes things like a choose your own adventure.

You have received a letter that calls you out and makes you accountable for your prior actions. Do you:
A) call the office and try to explain the situation, potentially with a lawyer?
B) give up, pack your copious amounts of safari gear and return to Kentucky?
C) run wild-eyed through town as if your legs have been replaced with those of s newborn calf?

You have chosen C. Good luck, idiot.

D) Cuddle up to the hair wrapped in a paper towel that your mother gave you.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

That poor button

TFW you go to court to try to get someone deported

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Deavan and Jihoon seem like the most genuine couple on 90 Days the Other Way, in that neither is trying to scam or take advantage of each other, they're just two of the stupidest people in the world.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

WhyteRyce posted:

That poor button

TFW you go to court to try to get someone deported

As someone who's had this threatened against me multiple times by family members who think it's a clever way they can control me, gently caress people who use deporting as a threat.

If you're going to do it, do it. But holding it over someone's head or using it as this "if you don't do what I want I'm going to gently caress your poo poo up" card is just beyond scummy.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I’ve never seen anyone as thirsty to be on reality tv as Larissa’s new boyfriend.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hazo posted:

I’ve never seen anyone as thirsty to be on reality tv as Larissa’s new boyfriend.

she also somehow picked another sociopath with the same fake-emotion intonation as Coltee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Imagine being so goony you bungle the presentation on a magic card trick to the point people accuse you of performing black magic. I thought Evelyn was gonna take this Mormon guy to the cleaners but now I suspect he'll end up supremely owning her unintentionally in the manner of Mr. Bean or Inspector Clouseau.