Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

She does move while keeping it safe, so that was good.

Oh no, I mean she maintained her composure better than Deke did and all that happened to him was he got choked a bit, the puny tomato of a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

I just saw Spider-Man Far From Home. In it there's a super-quick throwaway line where Nick Fury says something about a Kree sleeper cell or something like that. Is that a reference to anything on Agents of Shield? I've seen only through season 4 and remember there was some Kree stuff here and there.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t think so it’s probably Captain Marvel.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's just a line thrown in to kind of clue you in on who that character really is in the film.

Krailor
Nov 2, 2001
I'm only pretending to care
Taco Defender

Sir Nose posted:

I just saw Spider-Man Far From Home. In it there's a super-quick throwaway line where Nick Fury says something about a Kree sleeper cell or something like that. Is that a reference to anything on Agents of Shield? I've seen only through season 4 and remember there was some Kree stuff here and there.

The movies will never reference anything from the Marvel TV shows. We know this.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Hey man, Jarvis showed up. He's the lone shining hope for it to happen again, so it's not completely 0%.

Of course, I think they only brought James D'arcy back because the Peggy Carter writers were the ones also doing Endgame.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Peggy Carter series also had tighter ties to Marvel Studios as Kevin Feige, and to a much greater extent, Louis D'Esposito actually had some real involvement in it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Teek posted:

Of course, I think they only brought James D'arcy back because the Peggy Carter writers were the ones also doing Endgame.

Oh hmm. Suddenly I feel mixed emotions about all of Agent Carter.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I really hope that in the final season they fulfill the final promise of Hickman’s Secret Warriors they’ve been cribbing from off and on and reveal that the real power behind SHIELD and Hydra has always been Leonardo da Vinci, who’s still alive because his ornithopter design was really a trans dimensional vessel that allowed to surf the space between dimensions.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 23, 2019

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I really hope that in the final season they fulfill the final promise of Hickman’s Secret Warriors they’ve been cribbing from off and on and reveal that the real power behind SHIELD and Hydra has always been Leonardo da Vinci, who’s still alive because his ornithopter design was really a trans dimensional vessel that allowed to surf the space between dimensions.

I forgot about this crazy storyline and now I am behind it 100%

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Man, I've been catching up on comic-con stuff and now I'm just

It's been been pulled from the brink so many times I kind of expected it to just run forever but I'm glad they'll probably be going out on a high note.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yeah I'm not really a fan of relegating Davis to redshirt status just to show that the stakes are real. It's not as dumb as say, Tara in Buffy, but it's still not great.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I have no memory of who Davis was or what he’s done, I thought all the folks here broken up over him were being ironic.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Avalerion posted:

I have no memory of who Davis was or what he’s done, I thought all the folks here broken up over him were being ironic.

He's been a solid B-teamer since season 1. He deserved a glorious death.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Mymla posted:

Yeah I'm not really a fan of relegating Davis to redshirt status just to show that the stakes are real. It's not as dumb as say, Tara in Buffy, but it's still not great.

At least Tara’s death served a purpose in pushing Willow over the edge. Maybe we’ll get a Dark Piper who goes nuts and flays Izul alive.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Rocksicles posted:

He's been a solid B-teamer since season 1. He deserved a glorious death.

Has he been on the show that long?

I kinda figure next season he'll still be around and when somebody asks him about it he'll just say he got better. Didn't he go up against AIDA solo and somehow, off-screen, survive?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

CornHolio posted:

Has he been on the show that long?

I kinda figure next season he'll still be around and when somebody asks him about it he'll just say he got better. Didn't he go up against AIDA solo and somehow, off-screen, survive?

It’s kind of a running joke that we never hear what happened with Aida because he always gets interrupted by the main cast coming in or out

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
He and Piper were only in one episode each prior to season 4, which is when they actually became recurring crew. Doesn't sound like they're gonna worm him into being alive again based on his Twitter, where he thanks the AoS crew for the chance to play with them. And also retweeting Davis fanart.

Protodude
Dec 10, 2013

Fun Shoe
Yeah I mean I enjoyed his character just fine and I would have been happy if he survived until the end, but I can't say I'm too broken up about his loss either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Protodude posted:

Yeah I mean I enjoyed his character just fine and I would have been happy if he survived until the end, but I can't say I'm too broken up about his loss either.

Well you're a terrible person and you smell like butts.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I liked him because he was kind of doofy and likeable and had more personality than you'd normally see from a minor side character. Same with Piper although she's not doofy, and she's a better character I think. At least he got a little more to do this season (him tripping balls was great) before getting offed.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

i would have loved for him to be that Redshirt who miraculously survived every supervillain attack without ever explaining how. :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

bou posted:

i would have loved for him to be that Redshirt who miraculously survived every supervillain attack without ever explaining how. :(

Its gonna turn out to be a leftover LMD. Davis is chill that even his LMD just decided to hang out and be an agent. Next episode starts with Davis popping in from paternity leave wondering whats up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Davis is gonna come back with a sweet red trenchcoat, white hair, and a skull-hilted sword that at the end of the season he'll finally name... Rebellion.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

They were pretty sure that they were three episodes from the end (hell, they thought they were ending it last year) so I imagine they thought ratcheting up the stakes by killing Davis would be fine.

They could always have him re-appear for an episode in the fear dimension creation monolith or the framework or whatever, anyway.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Boy this season has zipped by.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Invalid Validation posted:

Boy this season has zipped by.

There was only one week off this year, for the NBA finals. I think in years past there were a couple gaps for either sporting events, or just a planned break to pad out the season.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Mymla posted:

He's not a redshirt, he got straight up Tasha Yar'd.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
One of the things I really love about this show is how often it deliberately avoids the standard plot bullshittery many others fall back on to create lame tension.

When May and Daisy came into the control room and started talking about being possessed and that the Shrike lady could jump from body to body, they said, "Now we know this sounds insane but please-" and cut off because Mack was already locking the place down because he trusts his people.

Man didn't even loving pause.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

One of the things I really love about this show is how often it deliberately avoids the standard plot bullshittery many others fall back on to create lame tension.

When May and Daisy came into the control room and started talking about being possessed and that the Shrike lady could jump from body to body, they said, "Now we know this sounds insane but please-" and cut off because Mack was already locking the place down because he trusts his people.

If you wanna throw them off now, try telling them good news.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 6, Episode 10: Leap
https://i.imgur.com/zFCR06M.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/3sU6ftd.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/BK9Q9pG.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/UJjLnab.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/CecvWAv.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/TkkD2jI.gifv

Gotta say I did not expect to see this show how coincidental parallels with FFXIV but here we are!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I mean given everything he's seen in the past three years, someone could wander in and tell him a herd of unicorns are rampaging through the base and he'd just go "ok people who knows how to fight a unicorn, ideas?"

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Oh YoYo you got suckered right into that one...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Daisy was stone cold lmao

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
THAT'S NOT HER NAME!

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Well I thought it was gonna be Mack's kid from the Framework but this works too...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I like Deke being out of step with the Fitzsimmons brain but still contributing.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Deke's brief little moment of reflecting upon his now-positive relationship with Fitz before getting to work was adorable.

So was Simmons taking Daisy aside to point out her habit of running away from pain.

Daisy using her experience of gaining her own powers to relate to May what Coulson would be going through was also awesome.

This episode was pretty amazing overall at making all the seasons up until now feel like they've had and continue to have an effect on the characters in the show.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 27, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Daisy quake-snapping Sarge's neck was metal as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Bruceski posted:

I like Deke being out of step with the Fitzsimmons brain but still contributing.

I loved that it didn't go unnoticed by FitzSimmons when he finally got in sync with them