Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Not sure if this is the right thread, but google is failing me on a clear answer. Can someone clear up if in BL2:

A) Finishing the Fight For Sanctuary DLC permenantly fucks up /locks off the other DLC / side missions.

or

B) You can play FFS and once it's finished, you can go back and finish the other DLC / side missions from the main story.

This would be helpful as my wife and I are kind of mid tantrum, having found an afternoon where she is off and the hell weather is not too hot for PS4, but we are unable to start without a clear answer on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
It's B. DLC is accessed by traveling to their starting locations. If you can fast travel, you can access the other DLC. The new DLC doesn't lock you out of anything.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it's also available from the first fast travel station you reach, even if you haven't reached sanctuary in the story yet, because most game platforms have rules about DLC that require it to be accessible and prohibit it from locking the player out of other content

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Is there a Borderlands 2 thread or is this the place to ask questions? I only played like 5 hours of it back in 2015 or something like that and now fired it back up

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Is there a Borderlands 2 thread or is this the place to ask questions? I only played like 5 hours of it back in 2015 or something like that and now fired it back up

Yeah it's fine to ask about stuff for the earlier games here

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Seems weird we're 2 months out and still haven't seen FL4K's trees yet, at least after getting Zane and Amara's together ages ago.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Seems weird we're 2 months out and still haven't seen FL4K's trees yet, at least after getting Zane and Amara's together ages ago.

it's part of their meticulously mapped out marketing campaign, no doubt. they intentionally do events/reveal key information in phases.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I will probably play Fl4k or the holograms guy. A Borderlands game is subject to wild spikes of dificulty where the enemies do unfair damage and you dies too quick, or you don't seems to find health kits anywhere and your natural life regen is poo poo. Having some pet or drone that can divert damage gives a lot of quality of life.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rinkles posted:

it's part of their meticulously mapped out marketing campaign, no doubt. they intentionally do events/reveal key information in phases.

I hope we see the intro, with proper title cards and indy rock and maimed skags soon.

How bad is the Sir Hammerlock DLC? I've realised I've been actively avoiding it. Is it bad, or just not as good as Dragon Keep and Torgue's Crater?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

BizarroAzrael posted:

I hope we see the intro, with proper title cards and indy rock and maimed skags soon.

How bad is the Sir Hammerlock DLC? I've realised I've been actively avoiding it. Is it bad, or just not as good as Dragon Keep and Torgue's Crater?

It's pretty boring, if you ever decide to do it bring a good fire weapon though because like 90% of the enemies there are all flesh

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

BizarroAzrael posted:

It's my least favourite BL2 DLC. It's got witchdoctors :argh:, and sparse wide open terrain, though apart from that it's pretty good visually and all. Nakayama is a fun eccentric character.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Just FYI, etech snipers penetrate witch doctor masks. Might make them worth using even in vanilla (with the patch they're a no brainer, like I've said before).

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Just FYI, etech snipers penetrate witch doctor masks. Might make them worth using even in vanilla (with the patch they're a no brainer, like I've said before).

Does B0re work?

I think I might just Gibbed up some high level characters at this stage to try them out, I made a Maya at 55 at the start of UVHM and she seems much more powerful than Zero.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Rinkles posted:

The community patch really magnifies how half-assed Gearbox's balance pass attempts were during the Loot Hunt. Having CoV advertising nothing beyond 'endless magazines' isn't inspiring confidence in their ability to improve upon the issues present in 2/TPS.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
My advice for Sir Hammerlock's DLC is to take a TVHM/UVHM character and do it on normal difficulty. My friend and I did that and the enemies were still boring slogs.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Hammerlock DLC's areas are all pretty boring and are mostly too huge and open to encourage using their new vehicle, which sucks. The whole flavor of the DLC + enemies is dumb racism. If you feel the need to do all the sidequests you end up running through every area like 3-4 times, and a lot of the enemies are just tedious to fight. On the plus side, the villain is fun, and if you skip the sidequests you can blow through the whole thing in a couple hours.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hammerlock's best line was "Fine, bonerfarts. We're calling them bonerfarts" (and I did think it was cool how the names kept dynamically changing during the quest).

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Plus if you never completed the quest, the names would stay.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Solumin posted:

My advice for Sir Hammerlock's DLC is to take a TVHM/UVHM character

What do those acronyms mean?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

TipsyMcStagger posted:

What do those acronyms mean?

Your first run through the game takes you from level 1 to 32. This is Normal mode.

After you beat the story in Normal, you can take the character into True Vault Hunter Mode, or TVHM. This second playthrough is a step up in difficulty and takes you up to level 50. In my opinion, this is the best difficulty setting.

After you beat the story in TVHM, you unlock Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, or UVHM, which takes you to level 80 and beyond. It's a big jump in difficulty (4x enemy health, enemies regen health, etc.) and can be reset at any time. This means you can play through it to, say, level 65, then reset and start the story over at level 65. It resets all the DLC too, making farming possible.

A character who's been through UVHM will be absurdly overpowered for Normal mode, which is why I played through Hammerlock's DLC on normal with my UVHM Zer0.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
It's not for everybody- past about level 35 or 40 you probably want to be frequently upgrading your gear to current level with the Gibbed save editor, and at some point the game becomes frantic enough, with enough damage coming in, that it's really hard to deal with even if you've got abilities and shields that are up to the task. Some people thrive in that environment, some don't.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
I started a gunzerker and started pumping brawn skills for tankiness and movement. Not sure if it's a good choice for getting up those levels later and enjoyment.

So far, I'm a little shocked how hard this game can be, really have to abuse line of sight mechanics sometimes

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Salvadore is best when played aggressively. I'd suggest sticking to the left hand tree until you get Money Shot for huge damage output and then start pumping the middle tree to get Yippie Ki Yay for permanent Gunzerker mode. From there you can just bum rush everyone with pistols and shotguns. Running around killing stuff as fast as possible is hugely satisfying in this game.

RVWinkle fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 23, 2019

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The best way to play Sal is to max out the rampage tree and grabbing bus that can’t slow down in brawn, never stop moving and never let go of the triggers

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
How do the other guys play late game?

I played the turret guy in the first one but that was like 10 years ago and can't remember much other then the story a little.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

TipsyMcStagger posted:

No idea on Axton/Krieg/Zer0...

Sal: Gunzerking forever with a Grog Nozzle and a DPUH. Be an invulnerable death machine aside from the few seconds where you're not and vulnerable. Do this if you want to solo.
Gaige: Maxed Anarchy stacks, Norfleet, Sham. Just keep shooting rocket balls and nuking the world. You will disable your sound after five minutes due to the constant screaming. Also good solo.
Maya: Pretty much the same way she always plays. Throw your ball out, suck in everything and slag them, heal to full because Grog, swap and kill with Bee-enhanced weapon damage. Solo is fine most of the game, but Digistruct Peak suuuuucks.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Zer0 can go deep into the sniping tree, but I don't think many people would recommend that.

The other option is Many Must Fall + Death Blossom. Every melee kill that refreshes Many Must Fall also refreshes Death Blossom, so you run around throwing kunai everywhere. It's pretty fun. But you're reliant on grog nozzle or Rubi for healing and the Rapier for damage.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

They announced Fl4k's skill tree reveal would be at Gamescom.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I played the turret guy in the first one but that was like 10 years ago and can't remember much other then the story a little.

The siren have access to a lot of life regen and her nuke is on a short cooldown, is nice to play. Gaige, the short lady with a robot pet, have a tree with a damage buff that stacks 255 times, playing her is a riot also the pet help kill or finish mobs.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
This is how Krieg plays at high tier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFMnHqxoVgE&t=7s

Or maybe you'll build him for Bloodsplosion, in which case he'll play like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiU8WER8d7M

Krieg is incredibly fun.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
My build on him is a bit different I think, but the skill loop is about the same.

Remember to only use Berserk when you're below 30% HP, or whatever the upgrade skill says. Gives you full HP and resets the cooldown to zero so you're ready to cast it again the instant you're below 30% HP and reset the cooldown to give you full HP and reset the cooldown to zero so--

It's fun. But I should try more melee Zer0 eventually.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Axton usually gets double teleporting slag rocket turrets and a backpack full of broken weapons usually norfleet+sham is part of the build because whoo buddy axton's turrets stop paying the bills as killers and are more like slag painters late game.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I've been playing with Maya and getting a lot out of the Cloud Kill effect from the cataclysm tree. I've been using her to snipe elites since my wife plays as Gaige, so the mooks are generally taken care of by her robit while I phaselock the biggest thing I can find, phaselock it, snipe and then watch its health bar burn down with alarming speed.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Solumin posted:

This is how Krieg plays at high tier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFMnHqxoVgE&t=7s

Or maybe you'll build him for Bloodsplosion, in which case he'll play like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiU8WER8d7M

Krieg is incredibly fun.

:discourse: Krieg is life, bloodsplosion build all the way

e: maya is useful at any level to provide line of sight revives in digistruct peak, otherwise its bland and boring healing with cloud kill

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 24, 2019

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Christ, I tried Digistruct Peak level 80 Zero melee build with Amigo Sincero, a couple of Conference calls and Love Thumper with Magic Missile and Legendary Ninja and just can't do it. Switch to an 80 Maya with only a Bitch and Legendary Cat mod and just walked it the first couple of levels ( and the second time I did the first one not knowing I had to quit and set it to OP1)

Given how incentivised I am to use SMGs, what's a good secondary weapon type for her? Guess Shotguns might work well with Chain Reaction?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Character trailer, I like what this indicates for characterization of playable characters this time;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GIKVcgbXXM

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Character trailer, I like what this indicates for characterization of playable characters this time;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GIKVcgbXXM

Oh good, the So Happy Together trailer was an indicator of Zane's personality. That is absolutely the sort of guy who'd break into dance in the middle of the battlefield and cajole his buddies into doing the same.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Given how incentivised I am to use SMGs, what's a good secondary weapon type for her? Guess Shotguns might work well with Chain Reaction?

Most of the time I'd be running Fire Sandhawk / Corrosive Sandhawk / Grogg / Corrosive Norfleet, but swapping one of the Sandhawks out for the same element Conference Call isn't a bad option for ammo economy consideration. I really don't like soloing Digistruct with her as your damage is reliant on keeping your shields up and without a gunzerker drawing all enemy fire you tend to get shot at a lot.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I've not cheated a Nozzle yet, only used it as intended, is it used just for the high heal rate? I gather it's very low damage compared to Rubi and the Heart Breaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

holy gently caress ECLIPSE is the worst boss and i only need to beat him to get that stupid achievement

At least I can play some NG+ for the Brick and Tina commentary, I hope that returns in BL3