Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ArfJason posted:

This is horribly unfunny like gbs tier

welcome to mcmansion hell, bitchcakes. hold on to your hats and broomsticks, tumblypoos because we're gonna take down some motherfrickin mcmansions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I can see how if you were a person who knew about design or had a strong aesthetic sense, that could be a cathartic experience. It’s also a step toward burning them all down.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that mcmansion hell person leveraged writing unfunny comments on real estate listing photos into a TED talk, they're a part of the problem

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

look up the other side of her mansion if you never have. there’s one area that’s like a really nice outdoor shopping mall store. it’s loving trash and these people have always been rich.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This is not really my business, but what is the text in the middle from? I see the text from the wife saying police and then swat coming up in the middle one. I can believe that some internet gently caress called the cops with a phony suicide threat, but is the claim that this did not happen?

He has behaved badly such that I’m not interested in what he’s doing any longer, but it’s unsavory to have these extended views into the lives of human people like this. It’s easy for me to believe that stalkers would do sadistic poo poo to him for no reason, as we’ve seen more than enough evidence here stalkers will constantly try to destroy anyone for no reason. Jake Chapman erased all his videos and quit being a critic for years because he got a sense that the kiwi crowd was getting curious about him. It’s wrong for the wife to make sense of it by thinking that Allison caused her to become a target, but I feel like a few frank conversations with anyone at all familiar with internet notoriety could set her straight.

The text is from my IMDB page, it's since been removed. The reason it was there is because Brad and Laura have said multiple times in text and video that it was a SWAT attack on a funeral and I'm at fault, which is untrue on all counts. A wellness check was done at a relatives house in another state. But now people are following me around telling me I'm a monster because apparently the truth doesn't matter.

For examples of them calling it an "attempted SWAT" see the Yesterday vlog where Laura claims I called her a liar (also untrue, which I proved by posting our texts), flips me off, and causes the chat to threaten to punch me in the throat, among other things.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Horrible stuff. :smith:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Miss Wallace posted:

The text is from my IMDB page, it's since been removed. The reason it was there is because Brad and Laura have said multiple times in text and video that it was a SWAT attack on a funeral and I'm at fault, which is untrue on all counts. A wellness check was done at a relatives house in another state. But now people are following me around telling me I'm a monster because apparently the truth doesn't matter.

For examples of them calling it an "attempted SWAT" see the Yesterday vlog where Laura claims I called her a liar (also untrue, which I proved by posting our texts), flips me off, and causes the chat to threaten to punch me in the throat, among other things.

What the fuuuuuck

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The gently caress are these people about, a swatting at a funeral would be some big news poo poo. I can't wait for Brad's stupid rear end causing someone to actually do such a thing for some time in the limelight.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

And yet I’ll bet you’ve had stuff as bad or worse happen to you and you never blamed him personally or publicly, or mentioned it at all. Internet harassment is a systemic problem that affects everyone, but it’s extremely bad for him to not understand that and blame you for your “fans” (who are probably the same nazis who go after everyone, including other nazis).

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

And yet I’ll bet you’ve had stuff as bad or worse happen to you and you never blamed him personally or publicly, or mentioned it at all. Internet harassment is a systemic problem that affects everyone, but it’s extremely bad for him to not understand that and blame you for your “fans” (who are probably the same nazis who go after everyone, including other nazis).

Ironically, yes, the people coming after me ARE directly caused by Brad making poo poo up. That makes our cases similar in that the bad things happening to Brad are also caused by Brad making poo poo up.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

John Murdoch posted:

Sadly I'm pretty sure there are posters who mean it sincerely, as BOTL had a small cadre of hangers-on, imitators, and fanboys who lauded his amazing contrarian nonsense views as transgressive masterpieces rather than self-admitted trolling and general bad faith bullshit. These were the same folks that melted down when the mods dared to give him a smack on the wrist and frankly their constant whining about alleged groupthink and how it was an injustice to silence BOTL for his Very Important views (nay, dare even call the mods in at all, rather than debate the walking bad faith argument fairly) makes me deeply suspicious of their motives.

I was, and still am, interested in hearing people express opinions that go against the grain so long as they could elaborate on them well enough and not be a jerk about it. I heard BotL used to be like this around 2015 and 2016, but as it he is now I'm not sad he's gone.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Miss Wallace posted:

Ironically, yes, the people coming after me ARE directly caused by Brad making poo poo up. That makes our cases similar in that the bad things happening to Brad are also caused by Brad making poo poo up.

i'm so sorry you're having to deal with this horseshit. i can't even imagine someone i once considered a friend turning around and doing this sort of thing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Miss Wallace posted:

jesus christ. sorry your are going through this poo poo. gently caress brad.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What a shithead. He’s had stalkers for such a long time that he should understand that nobody is masterminding the harassment he gets and that change the channel didn’t cause anything other than him having to take a position. Who did he think was sending people after him in the 2000s, Spoony?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The revisionist bullshit that Brad's orbit was squeaky clean until those mean old victims sicked their internet warriors on him is one hell of a spin, considering how awful his comments section always was and how often he picked fights with chuds in the run up to the election.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Miss Wallace posted:

For whatever an internet rando's sympathy is worth, I'm sorry they're putting you through this.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There was a blog dedicated to stalking him that posted pictures of him leaving his house and going to the store. It’s probably still up, but abandoned.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Just put up a Nick Knacks double feature on the first two animated shows to appear on Nickelodeon. First is Belle and Sebastian, a Japanese anime based on a French tv show about a boy and his dog crossing the European countryside. Then, Danger Mouse, the adventures of Britain's best mouse secret agent.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

poparena posted:

Just put up a Nick Knacks double feature on the first two animated shows to appear on Nickelodeon. First is Belle and Sebastian, a Japanese anime based on a French tv show about a boy and his dog crossing the European countryside. Then, Danger Mouse, the adventures of Britain's best mouse secret agent.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the first one because I always do, but I've been really looking forward to the second one.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Holy poo poo what?

https://twitter.com/incontroltv/status/1153103748308381696?s=21

:psyduck:

He literally has tweets he posted YESTERDAY! What on earth happened?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my immediate thought was OD but what else kills you in less than a day.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Meningitis

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dragonatrix posted:

Watching (well, at this point listening to) the newest BotW now and that no one died during the production of ROAR is a miracle, holy poo poo. :stare:
I'm just a bit surprised that they are able to sell the video covers bragging about all of the injuries without inviting lawsuits

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That Belle and Sebastian feature is fascinating, like Tintin but with anarchism instead of imperialist racism. Maybe I would have come around to ACAB a little earlier if I had grown up with it.

And there are a ton of bands named after proprietary things in tv shows (Fallout Boy, Lazlo Panaflex, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Ookla the Mok), but not many named after tv shows.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

poparena posted:

drat two vids in one day :popeye:

keep kicking rear end and making these awesome vids

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

poparena posted:

Oh now THIS is my childhood.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

poparena posted:

those are really great vids. keep up the good work. where do you get copies of belle and sebastian? i assume youtube?

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 22, 2019

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

those are really great vids. keep up the good work. where do you get copies of belle and sebastian? i assume youtube?

You can find the whole English-dub series on Youtube, yeah, but it's pretty poor quality. I ripped a Spanish DVD release, and paired the higher quality footage with the English audio manually.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

poparena posted:

You can find the whole English-dub series on Youtube, yeah, but it's pretty poor quality. I ripped a Spanish DVD release, and paired the higher quality footage with the English audio manually.

poo poo dude. you did a great job because i couldnt tell. also no offence but you have great calming narration.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Belle and Sebastian got me wondering if they ever did an english dub for Remi Sans Famille.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltsfeIZmiXQ

(Anime based on a french novel)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

poparena posted:

Your namedrop of the Littl' Bits at the end of the Belle and Sebastian video made me realize I had part of that show's intro theme embedded in my psyche, and for years I thought I was badly misremembering something from David the Gnome, so thank you for that.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

You know, there’s a music act named after Dangermouse too. That and Belle and Sebastian being the only two I can think of.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0lSoHNmMTA

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

You know, there’s a music act named after Dangermouse too. That and Belle and Sebastian being the only two I can think of.

There was a Scottish band called Urusei Yatsura in the 90s but I'm really reaching with that one as the only place I've seen it referenced outside of 'things I found on Napster' is a brief mention in Scary Go Round.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

This episode of Kick Knacks was a treat for me because it was only the second time that it was covering a show I had actually seen, the first being Children of the Stones. Of course, I assume this’ll become more common as it moves into the 90s.

Belle and Sebastian along with Mysterious Cities of Gold were the first anime I ever watched, long before I understood what it even was or what made it different from other cartoons. I barely remember anything that happened in them, but they apparently left enough of an impression on me that when I next saw an anime roughly a decade later (Pokemon, I think) I immediately made the connection and figured out that those shows I watched all those years ago must also have come from Japan.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Jim talks about the push from game publishers for more social networking. Apparently "super whales" are a thing now, because of loving course it is.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Everytime he posts the video of that GDC talk, I get grossed out

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
well ho-lee crap. jeff gerstmann is the master of not breaking NDAs. :v:

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1153355029408964608

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Renegade Cut talks about Disney's lovely live action remakes and sequels and what they have to do with late stage capitalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i remember nickelodeon anime but not belle and sebastian. i watched maya the bee and noozles