Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Shaman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Adept

Also what is this character a reference to?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Soylent Pudding posted:

Adept

Also what is this character a reference to?

As mentioned before it's one of the party members from The Closer.

My vote is on Adept because magic assisted punching is fun. Although I'm not sure if they're as broken in SRR as they are in the tabletop game.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Shaman because Baseba'al is the strongest of totems

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

adept

not through firm preference but because i want to see something that isn't a mage

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Just to repeat since it was at the end of the last page: We're picking between Mage, Adept and Shaman now, and only votes since the post I just made will count to make the choice 100% clear, so if you previously made a pick for class, please repeat it.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Mage

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Shaman

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I say Adept because someone's gotta show 'em off and otherwise people will 100% vote for it if I do Hong Kong but being a decker would be a lot easier from an LP perspective since it gives the most crew picking freedom and I find the decker in that game has the least entertaining dialogue anyway

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Deffo Adept, though it's mostly because I street sam/decker these games up.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Kanfy posted:

I say Adept because someone's gotta show 'em off and otherwise people will 100% vote for it if I do Hong Kong but being a decker would be a lot easier from an LP perspective since it gives the most crew picking freedom and I find the decker in that game has the least entertaining dialogue anyway

Aw, come on, you already did a Decker in Returns! If you do Hong Kong and I end up doing the entire trilogy of these mods, it'll be exactly possible for us together to play each class once - it'd be perfect!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Being a decker in these games is terrible, just be a magic user.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Adept

Kill men with a baseball bat in the gritty reboot.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

TheMcD posted:

Aw, come on, you already did a Decker in Returns! If you do Hong Kong and I end up doing the entire trilogy of these mods, it'll be exactly possible for us together to play each class once - it'd be perfect!

Yeah and in hindsight I shouldn't have, I overestimated how important being a Decker actually ended up being in that game compared to the later ones. I'm not entirely serious of course, but HK is a very dialogue-focused entry with a lot of good party interaction between everyone so I definitely wouldn't mind not having to drag the decker everywhere so that people could instead always pick whichever mix feels the most interesting. Having two Deckers is not really a problem after all, but having zero tends to be.

But that's hardly relevant here and now, from a more personal point of view I made the questionable choice of doing my original HK run as a Shaman and haven't seen Adept in action a lot myself so I think it would be the most interesting one. I've also added a link to this thread to the OP of my own, good luck in the shadows.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Shaman because you should try them out and also I want Kanfy to play an Adept when we peer pressure him to play HK later. :v:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Adept to repost my old vote, because magic punchmen are cool and I really don't want to see boring old mage.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Shaman because like you said, Baseba'al might make for a cool Totem, and I haven't played one either. We can learn *~together~*!

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Adepts were always super fun to play in shadowrun

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I retract my original suggestion of mage and suggest adept solely because baseball bat

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Mage is probably more thematically appropriate, but I vote physical adept, because I want to see her punching faces in. :allears:

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I have this feeling there's a trend developing, but I'm still gonna vote Shaman because summons are awesome and charismatic talker-types mean lots of dialogue, always my favorite.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Shaman

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Adept, because punching things is never not the answer.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Shaman, so that Baseba'al graces Kami with teammates (and you can never have too many etiquettes)

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Physical Adept.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Mage because I find Shaman and Adept lacking in "oomph."

Deadmans Tea Party
Jan 9, 2019

malkav11 posted:

I have this feeling there's a trend developing, but I'm still gonna vote Shaman because summons are awesome and charismatic talker-types mean lots of dialogue, always my favorite.

Shaman because of pretty much this.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Adept is still my vote

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Adept, I don't understand how they'll work but they seem rad as hell

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Night10194 posted:

Adept

Kill men with a baseball bat in the gritty reboot.

Baseball bat.

I mean, adept. Never got around to playing one of those, myself.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Adept. Punching fools a million miles into the sky is the best way to get them to respect the fine sport of baseball.

Also, you can chrome up pretty good and basically become a walking death machine.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Mage

Firestorms are always a good use of time.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Voting Shaman 'cause it's new to you.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mage, because adepts aren't quite good in the dragonfall implementation.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Shaman

Because extra dialogue yo

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Shaman, man

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
ShaWoman :mad:

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Shaman.

for the portrait, someone with photoshop skill should do something with one of these

New Wave Jose fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 23, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Kami is clearly Dottie (Geena Davis's character). Definitely has the mind of a catcher, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

TheMcD posted:

I don't believe so, but I admit, it's been a while I played this. We should just be able to do whatever and I'll be able to deal.

EDIT: Also, I've decided to try and make a portrait file already, since I can see the writing on the wall, just to see if I can make it look halfway decent.

Still, I'll give this until about Friday, when I'll have enough time to start working on the next update proper, so if you have a different idea, you can definitely still give it a shot.

just for fun