Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Speaking of Flynn, what's his status? Is he off the hook now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

How did they think that. This dude isn't some sort of person that will heroically defend justice against idiots. He is a dude doing his job and making sure he doesn't go out of line.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Go outside then. I’ve met people who’ve gone from the fire barrel to home ownership. Unlovable bastards becoming pillars of their communities. Arrogant pricks made repentant. Go outside. Change the channel of your perspective.

I have interest in further interaction with a hive of chuds. And no, they can't be saved and shouldn't.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

sim posted:

I also find it un-American that Mueller didn't decide to indict. Thanks young Republican!

Is it just me or did it look like Mueller was genuinely stricken by the Anti-American accusation- his poise seemed to waver there for a moment, and not in an angry way.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Kind of off topic but why are ICE agents running around in shemagh, like we’re in some urban combat zone in Afghanistan?

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Prester Jane posted:

Is it just me or did it look like Mueller was genuinely stricken by the Anti-American accusation- his poise seemed to waver there for a moment, and not in an angry way.

I'm not a dentist, but he did seem to be ruffled by that.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Prester Jane posted:

Yeah I saw that too. He seems genuinely heartbroken to discover that Republicans aren't the law and order and patriotism party lol.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

mints posted:

Kind of off topic but why are ICE agents running around in shemagh, like we’re in some urban combat zone in Afghanistan?

Because cops desperately wish they were troops.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Trip report: "We tried to arrest a Mexican but he painted a tunnel on the wall and we all ran into the wall. He got away."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

He has a Fox News scam lawyer now whom he hired to try and blow up the prosecution of one of his co-conspirators. Said co-conspirator was found guilty yesterday and is going to prison now, so I’d say Flynn is currently somewhere on the scale between hosed and turbofucked.

But I’ve been wrong before when it comes to Things Mattering. Stay tuned.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

yeah the Good Ole Party is just dumping on this dude. For a cop that has to hurt.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

This x1000

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I feel a "what about Hillary" is coming up here....

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

fool_of_sound posted:

Also a whole bunch of them are vets and are excited for new opportunities to be monsters.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't already happened.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

By now the only reason to believe that the Dems aren't a controlled opposition is that they're too goddamn dumb to be even that.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

And you were right.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

gold star

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

there it is

"What about Obama"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Drink!

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

To the extent that anyone is a winner today, it is you. Well spotted.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

lol this strategy of "I have very limited time to put words in your mouth would you please stop speaking sir"

"Yeah butt.."

"SIR! I HAVE LIMITED TIME!!"

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Cerebral Bore posted:

By now the only reason to believe that the Dems aren't a controlled opposition is that they're too goddamn dumb to be even that.

porque no los dos

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao "Andrew Weissman was mean to Enron's accountants" is such a good take

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Prester Jane posted:

Guy is a decorated Marine veteran who went on to work for the government for 40 years. Kind of justifiable he'd be pissed off about people questioning his patriotism and loyalty.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
“We ask our Democratic members to limit their time to five minutes.” / [lets Republicans rant for 20 minutes each]

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Wylie posted:

To the extent that anyone is a winner today, it is you. Well spotted.

I thought it was quite obvious once he talked about shredding evidence.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

nine-gear crow posted:

“We ask our Democratic members to limit their time to five minutes.” / [lets Republicans rant for 20 minutes each]

Yeah, that threw me for a bit of a loop.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Who would have thought that Spaceballs’ “evil will always triumph because good is dumb” would be the most apt political statement in the past 50 years?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

nine-gear crow posted:

That hasn’t happened all morning.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

“If not for the OLC decision, we would have concluded that the President committed obstruction of justice.”

Is that so hard to say?

For a Republican cop, yes.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

there's like 7 more democrats than republicans on this committee, so they'll go one after another at the end, hence his request only being directed at them

also literally no one has gone over 5 minutes

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

His lot got a lot worse yesterday when his co-conspirator was found guilty on all charges after he (flynn) pulled out of testifying against him.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Ershalim posted:

The celebration is that community effort was effective at curbing the damage of a fascist organization. None of this is going to be pretty or fun. If you can't take any pride or satisfaction in harm reduction, you're gonna have a bad time.

You're thoroughly right, pardon my sadbrains.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cerebral Bore posted:

i just thought they were being lazy/dumb like with kavanaugh and sticking to their script i didn't realize it was as dumb as not only doing that but also thinking mueller was going to correct the republican psychos.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/nycDSA/status/1154052054178029569

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

TealShark posted:

Who would have thought that Spaceballs’ “evil will always triumph because good is dumb” would be the most apt political statement in the past 50 years?

The Dema are not good. When compared against a literal death cul of Nazis even Conservatives like them look favorable but they are not good and many of them like Pelosi are’nt even inept opposition but willing collaborators.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Liberals and centrists calling up tattoo parlors to check their options for covering up the “IT’S MUELLER TIME” tattoos. Maybe Pelosi sarcastically clapping? Or as Khalessi? Is it too early for Elizabeth Warren?

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

last I remember, he fired his old counsel that negotiated the plea bargain and hired counsel that was encouraging him to withdraw his guilty plea and stop cooperating, but its been a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
That was some palpable silence.