Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Canadian horror movie scene idea - Driving through a cloud of mosquitoes and just getting your car covered in blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Assuming the burnt out truck near Gillam wasn't a ruse, they're idiots. They went to a place in Manitoba with literally one road to it. The surrounding area is all muskeg and it's the worst kind of place to be a survivalist in. With the amount of bushland and lakes and rivers and just open space slightly further south in Manitoba you could reasonably hide in the bush for years. Trucks get burnt out and stolen all the time, too, so it wouldn't be crazy unusual. There was a guy in the states that lived for something like 20 years just by hiding in the bush in cabin country and raiding the cabins for supplies in the winter time.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Assuming the burnt out truck near Gillam wasn't a ruse, they're idiots. They went to a place in Manitoba with literally one road to it. The surrounding area is all muskeg and it's the worst kind of place to be a survivalist in. With the amount of bushland and lakes and rivers and just open space slightly further south in Manitoba you could reasonably hide in the bush for years. Trucks get burnt out and stolen all the time, too, so it wouldn't be crazy unusual. There was a guy in the states that lived for something like 20 years just by hiding in the bush in cabin country and raiding the cabins for supplies in the winter time.

they could have stayed in BC for that, there was a similar bushman in the shuswap area. He was around for years iirc.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Where do you buy cartridges for a vape in Ontario. Do the weed stores have em?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Hard to say since nobody in Ontario has ever actually set foot in a legal weed store.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

apatheticman posted:

Canadian horror movie scene idea - Driving through a cloud of mosquitoes and just getting your car covered in blood.

Not a horror movie scene, an actual thing that happens in northern Alberta.

"Attack of the Incel Mosquitos". Now there's a horror move that'll put hair on your nuts.

This summer, from the makers of Schnidler's List, and Barbie's Big adventure. An innocent swarm of mosquitos, radicalized after feasting on the blood of two fugitive incels in northern Manitoba*, terrorize a small town, not resting until they've drained every Chad and Stacey of their fluids. Only one man can stop them, registered sex offender and disgraced Royal Canadian Navy officer Chad McChaderson.

~cuts to the rock with 2 industrial sized cans of bug spray~

"This town ain't big enough for the 8 million of us"

~Jason Statham doing a barrel roll on a horse for some reason~

Summer 2020

*filmed entirely in downtown Vancouver.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

OT but I always laugh over the incel use of “chad” and “stacey” for hot people names.

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

concentrates are still verboten; if you want em you will either need to make your own (lol) or go grey market

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

BC, just pick your favourite MOM site and enjoy the great selection lol.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I know I’ll regret it but I’ll probably buy some buck a beer at some point just to see what the taste disparity is between it and good beer.

For context I’ve always looked at Max Ice with the same morbid curiosity

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Max ice is loving trash I can't stop drinking it, Micheal Ironside was right

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Tighclops posted:

a primate has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Jul 26, 2019

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Tighclops posted:

whoa lookit mr. moneybags over here, too good for a tetra pack of fortified wine, touched with a hint of the ol' blarney

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNTmHfCvnYc

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 22:59 on Jul 26, 2019

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I like how beer companies had to just skate around the big draw of ice beers was stronger abv and it’ll get you drunk quicker

uhh strength! smoothness! Michael Ironsides!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I have a Highlander quickening everytime I crack one open

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

this made me look up the poo poo he's done, and his career really started out rough.

e: the fake news is even spreading to road signs now

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/roadside-signs-love-mystery-messages-1.5226690

:argh:

Powershift has issued a correction as of 00:09 on Jul 27, 2019

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imqvLToWH7k

Hell yeah loved that album :metal:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Powershift posted:

Thanks Doug!

Promises made, promises kept.

agd fucken sucks and I wouldnt pay this price to drink it

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
https://twitter.com/NewWorldHominin/status/1154882674596515840?s=19

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Service that hosts racist Cheeto unbans white power blondie, the math checks out

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Its gonna rule in 18-24 months when mass consciouness awakes to the fact twitter is a brainwashing tool run by white supremacists

.... right? :shepface:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Another Bill posted:

Its gonna rule in 18-24 months when mass consciouness awakes to the fact twitter is a brainwashing tool run by white supremacists

.... right? :shepface:

I'm pretty sure we were saying this 5 years ago.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CF coming in to help catch the two neo Nazi teens who murdered people

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/killers-schmegelsky-mcleod-north-canada-1.5227088

quote:

A 'homicidal bromance'?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

My Homicidal Bromance is western Canada's #1 My Chemical Romance cover band. They played the stampede last year

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DariusLikewise posted:

CF coming in to help catch the two neo Nazi teens who murdered people

spoken like a true incel

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/macklamoureux/status/1155654108390535169?s=21

tag urself, im qumbec

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Cal..gary? Sounds fake

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Im Winnipeg underwater and the half flooded state of North Dakota.

Im also the lakes in the ocean.

apatheticman has issued a correction as of 06:20 on Jul 29, 2019

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm the multiple, enlarging Lake Winnipegs.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
well it's not The Cartographer

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I expect those are cloud coverings, but what use is that on a static map used to indicate where two towns are lol

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Canada SPAM - Qumbec. Qum.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Fried Watermelon posted:

I expect those are cloud coverings, but what use is that on a static map used to indicate where two towns are lol

no they're a whole bunch of stamps, some scaled but none rotated. There's 3 identical Great Slave Lakes.

"it doesn't look lakey enough that colony is nothing but lakes mate. put more lakes on it and make sure England's on there"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

oi a chav nicked me arable land

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ontario Conservatives: The market will decide

Also Ontario Conservatives:https://twitter.com/John7Istheman/status/1155780831786483713

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

infernal machines posted:

Also Ontario Conservatives:https://twitter.com/John7Istheman/status/1155780831786483713

Sure MLK had some valid concerns, but the bus boycott only hurt the bus drivers!!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

infernal machines posted:

the conservative agenda is designed to condition you to believe that corporate welfare is an acceptable alternative to business taxes funding public services

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

also fun
https://twitter.com/gtlem/status/1155658196608081921
https://twitter.com/8maggiemay/status/1155665709348859904

:thunk: golly, i wonder what those reasons could be :thunk: