Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Danaru posted:

:stonk: is Peppa Pig seriously supposed to be over two meters tall?

Peppa Pig also supports the IRA :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQqAey3JbmU

Snypa content:

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 03:56 on Jul 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

this is good

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yeah thats super sweet

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Unfortunately The Elder Trans requires a bethesda.net account to play :sigh:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

"Post the four words."

:v:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

#blessed

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

what's this meme about specifically

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

gently caress that really would've helped

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

gently caress that really would've helped

Pretty expensive way to check compared to just asking to be called that for a day

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

pillsburysoldier posted:

what's this meme about specifically

Bethesda "accidentally" made the release of one of the old Doom games on switch require internet connectivity and a Bethesda account to play. They're rolling it back, but how the gently caress do you code a complicated online authorisation system and implement it into a ~20 year old game "accidentally" - unless that's a cover for "we were called on our bullshit and are deleting it".

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Pretty expensive way to check compared to just asking to be called that for a day

People buy things at the chain Starbucks sometimes. Sometimes a transitioning person isn't comfortable asking people that. Sometimes it's valuable to hear a more natural affirmation. I hope this has helped

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Memento posted:

a cover for "we were called on our bullshit and are deleting it".
:hmmyes:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ok, but Starbucks? That just seems like a good way to find out what it would be like to go by a new name if you spelled it entirely wrong

You're gonna be like "it's Geoff, with a G" and two minutes later someone's gonna be yelling "JEGUFF? Latte for Jeguff?!"

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://www.twitter.com/mtobey/status/689961243214479362

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

People buy things at the chain Starbucks sometimes. Sometimes a transitioning person isn't comfortable asking people that. Sometimes it's valuable to hear a more natural affirmation. I hope this has helped

I was gonna type a snarky response but decided against it. You said what I wanted to way better

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Harvey Mantaco posted:

"I don't have many/any people I trust with this, and if I do they are trying the name out as well so it won't sound as natural"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Geoff: "Jeoce"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Type the name into one of those voice generators and pretend the computer is your friend since you got none

http://onlinetonegenerator.com/voice-generator.html

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zzulu posted:

Type the name into one of those voice generators and pretend the computer is your friend since you got none

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Zzulu posted:

It keeps calling me gamer words no matter what I put in.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Danaru posted:

:stonk: is Peppa Pig seriously supposed to be over two meters tall?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fxci9nuGYQ

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Blind Rasputin posted:

The only reason 90% of this thread knows what the Roman numeral for 50 is is because of the Super Bowl.

look how dumb you are

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Memento posted:

Bethesda "accidentally" made the release of one of the old Doom games on switch require internet connectivity and a Bethesda account to play. They're rolling it back, but how the gently caress do you code a complicated online authorisation system and implement it into a ~20 year old game "accidentally" - unless that's a cover for "we were called on our bullshit and are deleting it".

The accidental part was requiring it to play. It was supposed to be there to enable some kind of achievement or link with the new Doom that's coming out, they just forgot to make it skippable/optional if you didn't care about that.

Or so the excuse goes, anyway.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmfao you don't accidentally add UI elements that say "A Bethesda.net account is required to play"

They fully intended to require everyone to make and log in with a bethesda net account for a game made in 1993. They probably figured it would boost registrations and get them more customer data, especially for the Doom fan segments, and it probably did.

e: also the original tweet doesn't at all say that it was unintended or a mistake. They just say that "the login should be optional" and they're working on making it that way

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 17:30 on Jul 29, 2019

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Admiral Bosch posted:

look how dumb you are

Yes but superbowl 40 featured XL very prominently in the branding

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

I wish I had a grown up me when I was little. It's been nothing but sorrow and pain and fighting and misunderstand.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

MageMage posted:

I wish I had a grown up me when I was little. It's been nothing but sorrow and pain and fighting and misunderstand.

That's the biggest fuckin' mood.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

canyoneer posted:

Yes but superbowl 40 featured XL very prominently in the branding

Uh, yeah but you said people knew 50. Not 40. Get your goddamn story straight.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Badman posted:

Uh, yeah but you said people knew 50. Not 40. Get your goddamn story straight.

Also a significant number of people definitely thought it stood for Xtra Large

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1155908346689384448

gently caress you duck

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

zoux posted:

gently caress you duck
No one escapes the duck!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

1990 was no more than 15 years ago

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:negative:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

zoux posted:

1990 was no more than 15 years ago

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The girl is the right age for someone born in 1990 imo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm getting word now that 1990 was only 10 years ago, and I'm 20, and the even very beginning of my prime years are far into my future.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

No if you're 20 the good years are over. Which doesn't mean they ever began.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Nah the good years don't end until September next year.