Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Now all it needs is the giant skateboard-slash-lower-body-support and we'll finally have another mech to rival the levels of "it hurts to live" that the last Shinkenger one had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

It’s finisher is to tip over and crush the enemy to death with its sheer weight.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Looking at it, it's also probably getting bigger pauldrons, the current ones are really out of proportion with the rest of the chunky boi.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Not only is that spoiler true, the Zi-O movie also has the Goriders, manga Kuuga in a stop-motion cutout, and the actor who played the parody character Kamen Norida in a comedy show from like 1990.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This mess is far better than what the series has actually given us and I love it. Sentai needs to have another Shinken Hao.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The funniest part is how hyper-modular everything is for ryusoulger mechs because of the 'lego' studs.

So there's a huge amount of options for what all the mechs could combine into.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

If only there was a way to fit the Ziku Driver onto it with all its various watches tagged on.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Finish Time! What the gently caress! End our suffering!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pharohman777 posted:

The funniest part is how hyper-modular everything is for ryusoulger mechs because of the 'lego' studs.

So there's a huge amount of options for what all the mechs could combine into.

They should keep that going in future seasons so when they do the crossover movies they can just keep adding the robots together, until it gets to the point where the fully combined toy is the same size as the suit.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Now this is a hard-boiled Ridewatch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwdH9sPHDT4
"The legendary warrior that protected Fuuto...is Skull!"
"Armor Time! Skull! Skull!"
"Finish Time! Maximum Time Break/Burst!"

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Binary Badger posted:

Ultra Galaxy Fight: New Generations is coming 9/29/19!

Only on Tsuburaya's YouTube channel! A web-only series!

What is Ultra Galaxy Fight: New Generations?

Well, here's the director, speaking in English, describing the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_cL_I2FV1M

Not gonna bother with the trailer as it's included at the end of the director's talk.

Starring all of the Ultra New Generation heroes, from Ginga to R/B, including even Ultrawoman Groob!

Excited for this, as it looks like it'll be dubbed/subbed in English.

The two main villains will be Geed Darkness and X Darkness, basically black and red recasts of Geed and X's costumes.

All the fighting you want in an Ultra series, without stuff like plot or character development to get in the way!

Also allows some of the less-used kaiju costumes to get dusted off and reused, yet again..

I'm totally down for this, even though I've not really been a fan of the Darkness Ultras.

Got my plane ticket. I'm officially going to Tsubu-Con in December :c00l: now I just have to get the tickets to the various events in the con. Most are reasonable but the Big Show staring ALL of the ultras goes for ¥24000 :sweatdrop:

Edit: the other big meeting with all of the Showa Era Ultra actors is ¥30000 😬

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 27, 2019

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Boy and I thought the conventions here soaked you for everything.. well if I ever hit lotto I'm gonna hit one of those Tsuburaya expos..

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Binary Badger posted:

Boy and I thought the conventions here soaked you for everything.. well if I ever hit lotto I'm gonna hit one of those Tsuburaya expos..

Well I'll barely be able to do anything once I'm there because of the cost of everything, but to be honest I figured this is one of the last opportunities to see a bunch of the Showa Era actors at all; none of them are getting younger. I spent $90 to do a handshake and photo with Stan Lee a few years back, I figured this is along those lines. There is a meet and greet with 8 of the New Generation hero actors which is ¥8888, I'll probably try and go to that as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This series has a horrible issue that has become all the more clear now and it's only going to get worse in the future. The Minusaurs just turning giant without a proper defeat means that the ground battle feels mostly pointless since it'll accomplish nothing, and with the introduction of Dimevolcano and especially Mosarex, the giant battle cuts 4/6 of the team and focuses only on Koh and Canalo.

It basically ruined this episode for me. Before that, it was pretty good: Tyramigo's character is surprisingly solid for a mecha, Melto is probably the most likable Ryusoulger, and their interactions work very well. The plot, with the children kidnapped and the whole rules thing, worked for the age demographic it is aimed for and I could respect that even if it was such a blatant "teach children a valuable lesson" episode. But the main thing is that it leads to nothing: Tyramigo's solution to the problem happens mostly off-screen, and Melto genuinely accomplishes nothing since the Minusaur immediately grows giant anyways. We aren't told he was the one that broke the teleportation thing either, the series makes it look like Bamba did. The character beats afterwards with Melto and Tyramigo work, but again, it's entirely the off-fight segment, the fight proper felt terrible since ultimately the ones that actually did poo poo were Koh (who did nothing for the plot) and Canalo (who made the situation worse).

I actually thought of two of my favourite Sentai with this episode and why they worked and this one doesn't. Namely, Shinkenger and Go-Busters. In Shinkenger, much like here, the super mode was used by a single person at a time. However, whenever we had a focus episode on someone else, that someone else would get to use it, it wasn't apparently locked to Takeru. No such thing here, the Burning Soul is used by Koh and Koh alone. It wasn't used at all here, but it still would've made it feel more like a Melto episode if he got to use it, and hell, it'd fit with the whole "very hot day" thing. This is the minor point though, the major comparison comes from Go-Busters: there, the mecha fight was completely separate from the on-foot fight, which meant that both felt heavily important. You can make the same point for Shinkenger too, where an actual death was needed for growth, but I'm pointing the former entirely because we had some fights of Hiromu alone since he had a full mecha without anyone else, and it was fine because the rest got to actually accomplish something on-foot. No such thing here.

If Ryusoulger doesn't fix this, I feel that anything else it does decently (because it hasn't done anything greatly) will keep suffering, and it's a shame with Sentai in such a precarious position.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I'm gonna be disappointed if this little poo poo doesn't worm his way into being the final boss.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Justin_Brett posted:

I'm gonna be disappointed if this little poo poo doesn't worm his way into being the final boss.

Has he tried feeding his minusaur juice to another Druidon yet? I haven't kept up for a few weeks

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Not for last two episodes (18 & 19). Might happen down the line but it would need to be some crazy Druidon.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

deadly_pudding posted:

Has he tried feeding his minusaur juice to another Druidon yet?

If you aren't familiar with the show this is a wild sentence

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

I would be disappointed, but not surprised if he ends up being redeemed by the end of this.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The teacher in this week’s Ryusoulger episode seemed really familiar to me. Was she a former Sentai actress?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm pretty sure she was Sawa from Build.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm pretty sure she was Sawa from Build.

That was it, thanks.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Gripweed posted:

If you aren't familiar with the show this is a wild sentence

I am familiar with the show and the thing a few episodes ago where the Druidon milked the fungus guy totally dry was still very hosed up for a children’s show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm a few episodes behind on Ryusoulger but its a decent series imo. Already I'm a little burned by the whole Canelo angle. Dude basically sat on his hands until he got horned up enough to go to the surface world and immediately turns into a fuckin predator. Then his "its ok I'm 500" loli rear end sister rolls up too. Like who the gently caress are these hillbillies? Oh yeah, Ryusoul tribe members so stubborn they marched backwards into the sea. Fun show, though.

Got caught up to ep 45 of Zi-O. Not really impressed with Swarz as the main villain. I feel like he's trying to be Minoru Suzuki with the facial expressions but doesn't come off as a guy that can handle his own business. But Sougo's a major dork so it evens out.

Oddly enough if they did the show from the Timejacker's point of view, there'd be more story to tell than the rather convoluted backstories for everyone but the Timejackers. I mean we've got fallen royalty, people from places that aren't even supposed to exist, trafficked children, and a clock repair guy. Its like one of those bad "x walks into a bar" jokes.

I guess its another rider show where the main rider's story isn't the point. Its the family drama and all the time shenanigans happening around him. The closing run is pretty exciting.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1156663332432224256?s=21

ANNO HAS FULFILLED HIS PURPOSE

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well

Let's loving go then

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

This is going to be a thing. I am unfamiliar with Ultraman, but is it safe to say that it doesn’t normally get to Eva levels of depression?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Geostomp posted:

This is going to be a thing. I am unfamiliar with Ultraman, but is it safe to say that it doesn’t normally get to Eva levels of depression?

Depends on which series you're looking at.

Nexus is real fuckin' dark.

The real fun here though is that Anno is a huge Ultraman fan. The EVAs are basically weirdo human made Ultramen, more than giant robots, and are designed to basically look like Ultramen wearing shoulder pads in the original anime. They're meant to look a lot like the Ultra body suits with armor on. Even kept the 3 minute time limit when they're not plugged into an external source and their general size always gelled better with Ultraman.

A lot of the Angels are straight up inspired by Ultraman aliens as well, especially UltraSeven stuff.

So much like Godzilla, this is something Anno is primed for

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

There was once a rumor of a 'Shin Ultraman' that Anno was going to direct, but Tsuburaya said that it didn't come from them and all but denied it.

That was back in March so yeah it probably was just a rumor.

Episode 4 of Ultraman Taiga was pretty interesting, it implies that Homare was a petty thug who cleaned up his act before he joined EGIS.

Fuma's intro was a little confusing, but the action that followed was top notch.

Laughing, taunting, going hyperspeed between attacks, Fuma clearly enjoys fighting at top speed, especially matched against a more ponderous enemy.

The voice drama was also kinda fun, as we rarely get to see/hear what the Ultras do in their downtime between fights. Lots of petty bickering, evidently.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Binary Badger posted:

There was once a rumor of a 'Shin Ultraman' that Anno was going to direct, but Tsuburaya said that it didn't come from them and all but denied it.

That was back in March so yeah it probably was just a rumor.

Apparently what happened is that there was a leak from somebody in the company and Tsuburaya did damage control because the paperwork and contracts weren't completed yet.

Also, Anno is producing and writing it, but Shinji Higuchi is directing. I'm cautiously optimistic. I loving loved Shin Godzilla, but not all of Anno's works are great (the last Evangelion movie was a flaming piece of poo poo), and Higuchi did the live action Attack On Titan which from what I've been told by even Japanese fans was terrible as well.

https://en.tsuburaya-prod.co.jp/news/1397?fbclid=IwAR0PKys2b1hAib23CGnVLWR9x4AEBtN1JZ4VePagJAFbUcJi7nUpkHWAnQc

It's going to be a modern retelling of the original Ultraman with a new SSSP and Hayata. Check who's staring. I'm stoked, gently caress it.

Edit: on various FB Ultraman groups grognards like me are whining and moaning but gently caress them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORE-sVjDIeM

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

I like that his armor splits and slides to make room for power-ups, but the robotic voice saying “A jump to the sky turns to a Rider kick” will never stop being funny.

I’m ready for this series to start soon. Zi-O was okay and all, but it is time for a series with a real plot of its own to come.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 1, 2019

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I'm not really into the pink and green combination, but it looks pretty good.

I just hope the writing is better than Zio has been.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

I'm not really into the pink and green combination, but it looks pretty good.

I just hope the writing is better than Zio has been.

I’ve been told that Build’s writer returned for this, so that’s promising.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Geostomp posted:

I’ve been told that Build’s writer returned for this, so that’s promising.

Ex-Aid's writer, actually. Yuya Takahashi.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Looking forward to Christmas. :allears:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Zedd posted:

Looking forward to Christmas. :allears:

Already made the joke on his own Twitter that Christmas is on a Wednesday this year.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Here's the full version of that trailer with the other Riders and some HumaGear and EvilGuys.net stuff.

The belt gun looks so loving stupid, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

gourdcaptain posted:

Ex-Aid's writer, actually. Yuya Takahashi.

Oh. Well, also worth being excited about.