Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Is the tech test just multiplayer? The first few games had an ok story but at this point I can’t see how it would be able to set itself apart from more recent blockbusters without some hefty changes.

I’m most worried about the new wolfenstein coming out. The last ones were crippled by how soft you were in gunfights, and the complete absence of any on-screen indicator of where you were getting hit from. Really made the game a chore to finish. I don’t see any indication they’ve changed these things. Since you play as twin teenage girls I guess it will be a great opportunity for the bronie ephebophile community to finally cross over into the nazi punching community though. Ambitious but about time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bronies became the Nazis.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
*Of course* the $389 Division 2 bundle I got ("Brand New" from Rakuten) is actually most likely used. Looks like original seals are broken and new seals put over it. Gonna open it and check it out, but is there like a serial number cross check to see if it's actually been used at all?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

BonoMan posted:

*Of course* the $389 Division 2 bundle I got ("Brand New" from Rakuten) is actually most likely used. Looks like original seals are broken and new seals put over it. Gonna open it and check it out, but is there like a serial number cross check to see if it's actually been used at all?

You paid $389 for The Division 2!? :eyepop:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

DrNutt posted:

You paid $389 for The Division 2!? :eyepop:

HA, Xbox One X Division 2 bundle.

Still early morning for me.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

BonoMan posted:

HA, Xbox One X Division 2 bundle.

Still early morning for me.

Lol okay that makes A LOT more sense now.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Wheres the best place to get digitally delivered 12mo gold codes?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ixnay posted:

From the my games & apps screen, if you highlight a game and press back + X simultaneously, it will pop up a dialog with technical details about the game, including the last date it was updated.

Ah okay. Says it was last updated yesterday, but that may be because i uninstalled and reinstalled it yesterday.

Found out that while the Xbox and Win10 versions are technically the same, they have different approval processes and the PC Ark patch didn't pass but will on monday.

Question about game pass, I noticed there are a few Epic Game Store exclusives like Metro Exodus, so is that because they're treating it like an Xbox release, rather than a PC release?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 21, 2019

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

BonoMan posted:

Just get the refund without opening it. Someone stole your code.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Question about game pass, I noticed there are a few Epic Game Store exclusives like Metro Exodus, so is that because they're treating it like an Xbox release, rather than a PC release?

Its not super clear. At first it was like ok Operencia was promised to gamepass and doesmt conflict with epic store exclusivity but now its like who fuckin knows.

Also play operencia until Bards Tale IV drops

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Barudak posted:

Its not super clear. At first it was like ok Operencia was promised to gamepass and doesmt conflict with epic store exclusivity but now its like who fuckin knows.

Also play operencia until Bards Tale IV drops

I think my theory that MS is using that its not PC, its Xbox, its just xbox on PC that gets around it. Whatever the reason, I can play them.

I'll give it a try. I've been looking at the stuff on game pass and wondering what is worth playing. The only thing I've taken a dive into is Wargroove, which i had no idea it was a tactics game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Operencia was my "game pass is good" converting attitude game. Id never have bought eastern Europe's attempt at Wizardry but since it was free I fired it up and it was good. Not like some A+ best game of the generation, but very good for what it is and something Id never have paid 30 bucks for sight unseen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I played a bit last night, and the movement is a bit clunky in the starting area but combats pretty fun.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Playing the Gears 5 tech test. It sure is... Gears. Not sure how this series survived so long with basically no innovation.

They innovated with Judgment so much that everybody hated it and Epic sold the IP. Coalition is taking the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" route and giving the playerbase what they actually want. There's still plenty of new things but they're not completely reinventing it because that would be stupid. The core Gears gameplay freakin' owns so some new mechanics and weapons and modes is good and that's all that's needed because the only thing that matters is if something's fun to play, not if it's reinvented the wheel.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Innovation as a term really gets used wrong. Innovation is really, really hard and doesn't happen often. Hell Gears 1 was a major innovation that's still used today by alot of games.

Also it depends on what you played during the tech test. If it was arcade then you played the wrong mode. That mode is garbage.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SUNKOS posted:

They innovated with Judgment so much that everybody hated it and Epic sold the IP. Coalition is taking the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" route and giving the playerbase what they actually want. There's still plenty of new things but they're not completely reinventing it because that would be stupid. The core Gears gameplay freakin' owns so some new mechanics and weapons and modes is good and that's all that's needed because the only thing that matters is if something's fun to play, not if it's reinvented the wheel.

It was fun to play in Gears 1, it needs some innovation to continue being fun for me. Just finishing Division 2 probably didn't help though.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
I'm having some fun playing the test, but It's hilarious how dog poo poo the cover system feels in Gears after playing a bunch of The Division 2. I'll probably play a bit when it comes out, but only because I have game pass.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
If anyone's planning on eventually playing Ryse: Son of Rome (it's on game pass) there's currently a 'sale' on for free in-game gold.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ryse-son-of-rome-in-game-gold/C29LML3XCBJZ/JS0N

Login and keep spamming the "Get" button to get 25,000 gold (usually worth $19.99). Best to get in now incase it's a pricing error.

"Gold is used to buy new executions, skill upgrades, and booster packs."

Edit: More info - so apparently there's a glitch in multiplayer where you can't earn gold normally anymore, so Microsoft may have decided to just make the gold free to solve the problem since it's probably not worth anybody's time fixing a game so old.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 29, 2019

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I didn't even know Ryse had multiplayer.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is Ryse even worth playing on game pass? I remember seeing it being demo'd with the Xbone and thinking "Uh that looks good but it looks generic as hell". Though if you get to hack your way though Roman history that could be fun.

I hope Wolfenstien Youngblood is added, it sounds like its a perfect game for gamepass; something that isn't great but if you can get as part of something else it would be worth while. Though What I really want is Halo games to be added. I've never played beyond MP in Halo 1 and 3, and i'm curious to actually play the story.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Is Ryse even worth playing on game pass? I remember seeing it being demo'd with the Xbone and thinking "Uh that looks good but it looks generic as hell". Though if you get to hack your way though Roman history that could be fun.

I hope Wolfenstien Youngblood is added, it sounds like its a perfect game for gamepass; something that isn't great but if you can get as part of something else it would be worth while. Though What I really want is Halo games to be added. I've never played beyond MP in Halo 1 and 3, and i'm curious to actually play the story.

Ryse was good for a launch title, which makes an ok game now. Since you have game pass, go for it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TheAnomaly posted:

Ryse was good for a launch title

no

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

. Though What I really want is Halo games to be added. I've never played beyond MP in Halo 1 and 3, and i'm curious to actually play the story.

To... Gamepass? You know they're all in the Master chief collection right? Halo 5 is there as well. You can buy ODST for €5. The only one currently missing is Reach, although apparently that's getting added.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 29, 2019

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Ryse was free on Games with Gold within the last 2 years, I enjoyed playing through it. If you have game pass you have access to better games than Ryse.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

TheAnomaly posted:

Ryse was good for a launch title, which makes an ok game now. Since you have game pass, go for it.

It was bad as Kinect 360 game shown at E3, horrible as Xbone launch game, and even worse now that Bayonetta and Metal Gear Revengeance are BC and several Devil May Cry games are freely available.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ryse is fine. It shows enough core competency that if the kinect werent part of the Xbox's launch it could have been an actually good game.

Basically no reason to play it over anything else but if you like the genre its unevenly ok enough for the 6 or so hours it lasts

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Ryse needs an X1X update more than anything, the PC version really makes the assets shine. I liked the slow and thoughtless combat because it allowed me to take it all in

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I enjoyed Ryse! You can complete that game in a single sitting, and it was paced really well. It's worth playing and checking out if you have game pass. It's still better than Sony's answer to it, which was Order 1886.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Quantum of Phallus posted:

To... Gamepass? You know they're all in the Master chief collection right? Halo 5 is there as well. You can buy ODST for €5. The only one currently missing is Reach, although apparently that's getting added.

MCC isn't on Windows 10 yet.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

twistedmentat posted:

MCC isn't on Windows 10 yet.

No, but it is coming to Xbox Game Pass on PC. And if you want to play MCC early then you can go to https://www.haloinsider.com and sign up to test the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Halo Reach is first up on PC and it doesn't have a release date yet. 343 says that there is a shitload of work to do on the networking side to get the game ready for PC.

meeler09
May 24, 2007
Got some codes I won't use with my X purchase so here you go goons.

Battlefield V Deluxe Edition
XMDY7-Y4XF2-23TXQ-HGHHT-6JYJZ

Battlefield 1943
WWPHY-VX372-CT7PK-F3PW6-F36QZ

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

meeler09 posted:

Got some codes I won't use with my X purchase so here you go goons.

Battlefield V Deluxe Edition
XMDY7-Y4XF2-23TXQ-HGHHT-6JYJZ

Battlefield 1943
WWPHY-VX372-CT7PK-F3PW6-F36QZ

Thanks!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

No, but it is coming to Xbox Game Pass on PC. And if you want to play MCC early then you can go to https://www.haloinsider.com and sign up to test the game.

Yea I really looking forward to it.

The idea of turning windows 10 into a mirror of the Xbox is pretty great. There's a ton of 360 games I never played when i had one, and i never got an xbone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Didn't realise this thread was for game pass windows as well! Good to know.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Games with gold for August doesn’t look too bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7tOlek7hQ

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

El_Elegante posted:

Games with gold for August doesn’t look too bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7tOlek7hQ

Beats most months. Forza 6 is delisting soon so I figured it would be an August or September GwG.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gears of war 4 campaign is not worth the play thru fyi in advance

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Real hurthling! posted:

Gears of war 4 campaign is not worth the play thru fyi in advance

I thought it was a fun campaign and would totally recommend playing through it for the price of free. The ending was garbage though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

5 needs to be cranked up so much. 4 is like set on cruise control through whatever town. Its blah