Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

We are most definitely all dorks in this thread, haha

Not me! I am Chad as all gently caress and this here Zelda t-shirt I am wearing proves it!

Chad enough I don't even pay taxxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm loving confused right now. What should I be mad at?

HBO for the cancellation of Carnivale.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Rexzilla/status/1156033142517448706

Emergent gameplay

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FTFY

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Does it hurt to be Rexzilla? That much cringe should kill a man.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

https://chinatribunal.com/final-judgement-report/

quote:

These individual conclusions, when combined, led to the unavoidable final conclusion that;

Forced organ harvesting has been committed for years throughout China on a significant scale and that Falun Gong practitioners have been one – and probably the main – source of organ supply. The concerted persecution and medical testing of the Uyghurs is more recent and it may be that evidence of forced organ harvesting of this group may emerge in due course. The Tribunal has had no evidence that the significant infrastructure associated with China’s transplantation industry has been dismantled and absent a satisfactory explanation as to the source of readily available organs concludes that forced organ harvesting continues till today.

This is probably a decent target for your wrath?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

I was watching the commando in the background glitching around, surprised he didn't fall through the ramp.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Tbh I am not sure it's even adware, since it doesn't generate revenue like usual ads - no money for display, no money for click, it installs with your knowledge.

Yes, I know I am being anal about this, what can you do.

Since we are going full anal-retentative on the launcher discussion, I will add my 2 cents.

I don't believe a 3rd party model and lack of user consent for installation are mandatory for an application to be classified as adware:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adware

And Activision almost certainly has some sort of method for benchmarking their spa ... uh I mean "in-app value added services" campaigns.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Yes that’s an outrage but have you heard about the EPIC GAME STORE?

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Some real hot takes in this thread. Kind of like when the boxing thread was trying to have a chat about the death toll in boxing and how it might be bad to glorify it and people started bringing up sweatshops or whatever because they're worse. Pretty spicy all round.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
My hot take is that ASL is the best tactical wargame of all time and my Stalingrad campaign LP is gonna be the best loving series of posts about that game this webforum has ever loving seen.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Oh and I'm gonna get a special credit for when Star Citizen actually gets released. Trying to get a couple of other thread regulars (mods not included, sorry boys) added to the list but its tough. I learned recently that if you add too many characters to the credits.txt file it hard crashes the game half-way through the credit crawl and it displays a "Thanks for playing my game, signed by Chris Roberts" message.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Colostomy Bag posted:

The worlds leaders consistently ignoring climate change, leading our civilization maybe even the human race on the path to total extinction.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Be mad at everything. It's the only way to be sure.

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I'll let you know hentai is an art! Art, you see! We can hate on unity asset flips, though. Unless they are hentai, you can always asset flip hentai, because art.

I'm only into hentai for the tentacles. All the genitalia really messes it up.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AbstractNapper posted:

HBO for the cancellation of Carnivale.

<Just keeps pointing at this post and making noises>

Redundant posted:

Some real hot takes in this thread. Kind of like when the boxing thread was trying to have a chat about the death toll in boxing and how it might be bad to glorify it and people started bringing up sweatshops or whatever because they're worse. Pretty spicy all round.

Welcome. You're just in time to find out about thread opinions on Pineapple on pizza. It's loving delicious, and you're a Russian NPC if you say otherwise.

Sandweed posted:

The worlds leaders consistently ignoring climate change, leading our civilization maybe even the human race on the path to total extinction.

Oh, that's just a cyclical change in the climate brought on by the exhaust gasses from the dominant lifeform; it'll self-correct shortly, and the good news is it'll be a lot less crowded down the shops.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Hav posted:

Welcome. You're just in time to find out about thread opinions on Pineapple on pizza. It's loving delicious, and you're a Russian NPC if you say otherwise.

Can we please get some mods in here to deal with this?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

They did when they banned Derek, the doxxing was just a coverup.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I'll randomly capitalize 'pineapple' whereever I goddamned like. :911:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
For what it's worth CIG is loving up spectacularly in ways even the most creative freeform writers can't match on an opium high. It just hasn't come to light yet. I think during the autopsy this thread will have a rebirth to match or exceed Big MoMA's House.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
I'm actually coming round to the notion that Pineapple on pizza is p good

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm mad at pineapple on pizza.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ramadu posted:

:lol: it owns that only the grandpas in this thread are the only people on the internet defending epic other than the obvious paid reddit shills

are you having a stroke?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I'll put what I want on whatever I want, and I'll eat that poo poo. I'll put sardines in chocolate pudding. I'll have fried chicken with Legos. I have it on good authority that bleu cheese goes on tacos. If these options are not available in Star Citizen's fidelitious cafeteria I'm suing Chris Roberts.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

his nibs posted:

I'm actually coming round to the notion that Pineapple on pizza is p good

Get the gently caress out of here you monster.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Pineapple on pizza is loving tasty

Pineapple on almost anything is loving tasty

Pineapple is loving tasty

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

I'll put what I want on whatever I want, and I'll eat that poo poo. I'll put sardines in chocolate pudding. I'll have fried chicken with Legos. I have it on good authority that bleu cheese goes on tacos. If these options are not available in Star Citizen's fidelitious cafeteria I'm sousing Chris Roberts.

ftfy

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Good call.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Fidelitious posted:

Get the gently caress out of here you monster.

Over the life of this thread/s I have obtained an MSc and a PhD.

and I've also changed my opinion on pineapple on pizza

:colbert:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

are you having a stroke?

if you don't pledge allegiance to the correct stores people can get real upset.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Breaking News: Epic Games announces pineapple pizza will be an epic games store exclusive!

In other news, Chris Roberts announces SC will not have pineapples any time soon.

According to Roberts "Watermellon killed the game engine when we added it, there's no way our devs could handle something as complex as a pineapple at this time." Roberts however assured fans that a tier-0 pineapple implementation would be on the road map at some point in the future.

Critics have stated that pineapples in SC would be impossible due to the difficulty in mocapping a piece of fruit. But according to Roberts "we managed to get a somewhat human mocap performance from Sandi, I feel like pineapples would be easy by comparison. "

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

his nibs posted:

Over the life of this thread/s I have obtained an MSc and a PhD.

and I've also changed my opinion on pineapple on pizza

:colbert:

sorry what I mean to say is that I've bought an Idris

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Ben would make a good mo cap actor for the roll of a pineapple.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

As the sole remaining mod here, our official stance is that pineapple on pizza is good, actually

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Beet Wagon posted:

As the sole remaining mod here, our official stance is that pineapple on pizza is good, actually
Wow, big if true.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

Did Beer4TheBeerGod get found by the Swedish Mafia hitsquad sent by Sandi? :ohdear:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Breaking News: Epic Games announces pineapple pizza will be an epic games store exclusive!

In other news, Chris Roberts announces SC will not have pineapples any time soon.

According to Roberts "Watermellon killed the game engine when we added it, there's no way our devs could handle something as complex as a pineapple at this time." Roberts however assured fans that a tier-0 pineapple implementation would be on the road map at some point in the future.

Critics have stated that pineapples in SC would be impossible due to the difficulty in mocapping a piece of fruit. But according to Roberts "we managed to get a somewhat human mocap performance from Sandi, I feel like pineapples would be easy by comparison. "

However pre-sales of pineapples are now available in the SC store. $200 for a box of 5 pineapples.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Quavers posted:

Did Beer4TheBeerGod get found by the Swedish Mafia hitsquad sent by Sandi? :ohdear:

He used his ill-gotten gains to gently caress off from Star Citizen and mod other, better threads.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
Ex-Theranos CEO, Stanford dropout Elizabeth Holmes’ trial delayed until August 2020

quote:

The defense hopes to prove government agencies were more influenced to investigate Theranos than other companies based on communications with Carreyrou, as opposed to pure suspicion of illegal activity.

“An outside actor, eager to break a story (and portray the story as a work of investigative journalism), was exerting influence on the regulatory process in a way that appears to have warped the agencies’ focus on the company and possibly biased the agencies’ findings against it,” states Theranos’ case against the government.

Theranos’ defense also urges the jury to believe that federal officials overreacted in response to Carreyrou’s 2015 article and misunderstood the inner workings of Theranos.
https://www.stanforddaily.com/2019/07/29/ex-theranos-ceo-stanford-dropout-elizabeth-holmes-trial-delayed-until-august-2020/

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

He used his ill-gotten gains to gently caress off from Star Citizen and mod other, better threads.

This, but also he said you guys look like nerds, so don't be nice to him if he comes back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

This, but also he said you guys look like nerds, so don't be nice to him if he comes back

He doesn't even post his dog.