Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Unfortunately, that is why my splitter isn't solid mounted anymore. Square tube slots into square tube bolted to the chassis at the rear, wires up front behind the air dam to prevent downward movement but allow upward movement, otherwise you're gonna bend poo poo

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Bape Culture posted:

I had been worried about getting my M3 into my new driveway since it has a nasty slope up from the street and an immediate drop toward the garage.

But it has a lot more clearance than I'd given it credit for

But I'm gonna wait until I clear the poo poo out of my garage have a spotter ready to see if it can make the final curve INTO the garage, though

Just make sure you are wearing your gloves.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Bape Culture posted:

I had been worried about getting my M3 into my new driveway since it has a nasty slope up from the street and an immediate drop toward the garage.

But I'm gonna wait until I clear the poo poo out of my garage have a spotter ready to see if it can make the final curve INTO the garage, though

You’re brave given the general state of our roads.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

Mount an electric trailer jack to your core support.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
This tire shop that was recommended just jacks your car up in the parking lot to pull the wheels :allears:

Still looking cute though

fknlo fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 29, 2019

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

fknlo posted:

This tire shop that was recommended just jacks your car up in the parking lot to pull the wheels :allears:
Both sides at once?! LOL haven't seen that before but I guess there's no reason not to...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Did they at least use jackpads? That seems shadetree as gently caress.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
My old E30 is for sale. Seems to be in completely unchanged form five years later, even down to the neverbeen nurburgring sticker

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/fountain-hills-1991-bmw-318is/6944241529.html

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 29, 2019

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

Did they at least use jackpads? That seems shadetree as gently caress.

Next you're going to ask me if they used a torque wrench :lol:

e: I'm actually going to have to go back up there to have them loosen the lug nuts so I can properly torque them. I watched them and they didn't exactly go hog wild but I can't break some of them.

e2: 40-44 psi in each one! At least it looks like they didn't gently caress up any of the wheels!?!?

fknlo fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 29, 2019

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

BraveUlysses posted:

Sounds like you need a mustang?

In my search for an e90 I'm kinda tempted to just get a decent black car and wrap it.

I know you were being flippant but after looking at it, you may be right. Might get rid of the GTI and get an i3 to commute in and have a GT Convertible for longer trips

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

BlackMK4 posted:

My old E30 is for sale. Seems to be in completely unchanged form five years later, even down to the neverbeen nurburgring sticker

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/fountain-hills-1991-bmw-318is/6944241529.html

Looks like they changed their mind. It’s deleted.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It sold

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I wish mine would sell that fast, sheesh.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
New tire status: the car will still spin them :getin:

e: They are what the kids would call thicc?

fknlo fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 30, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What's up with the M3 at the moment? Is it on hiatus for the 2020 MY?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
its gonna be poo poo m8

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
It'll follow the usual cycle. At launch it will be poo poo but one or two people will post them in here. In 3-5 years it will be slightly less poo poo, and some people will start to post them in here since it's getting cheaper. In 10 years it will be coming on 2 generations old, it will be cheap enough that many people in here will be able to get them, but the 6-speeds will be unobtainium and the car will be god-tier status. The f8x will be skipped over amongst all this akin to the e36, though it will have its fans.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yes. A 1-year gap between generations is typical. We'll see the G80 sometime in the middle of next year as a 2021 model.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Cashing out my 401k to buy more e46 M3s so that I can retire in 10 years.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

BraveUlysses posted:

its gonna be poo poo m8

i've convinced myself that the M3 Pure (or whatever the f they're calling the RWD 6-sp) will be dece

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Can’t wait to LS it

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I keep on looking at E90 M3s even though I have a better car what's wrong with me.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i've convinced myself that the M3 Pure (or whatever the f they're calling the RWD 6-sp) will be dece

Hopefully they can work some magic with the looks of the G cars because I'm not a fan of them at all in regular narrow body form.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Residency Evil posted:

I keep on looking at E90 M3s even though I have a better car what's wrong with me.

What's the better car?? Could be nothing wrong with you, simply a well-sorted out inner dialog ;)

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
I just don't understand why every dealer in the country decided that the non-M f3x fascia was acceptable and just ordered a gently caress pile of them. Finding a Msport vert 435 is proving incredibly difficult.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Crunchy Black posted:

I just don't understand why every dealer in the country decided that the non-M f3x fascia was acceptable and just ordered a gently caress pile of them. Finding a Msport vert 435 is proving incredibly difficult.

There’s your problem

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also, https://www.automobilemag.com/news/whats-going-on-bmw-future-strategy-products/

TL;DR

quote:

In addition to the three-door 1 Series, 2 Series Gran Tourer, and 3 Series GT, tombstones are being chiseled for the 2 Series convertible, standard-wheelbase 7 Series, Z4 replacement (sorry, Toyota), and both two-door 8 Series variants.

BMW has also given the green light to the brand-new X8... which will be exclusively offered in M Performance and X8 M forms.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Good loving lord

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just kill BMW now. Put it out of its misery.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
large yikes

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
bmw powered by Micheal Bay

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I still say there's no loving way the front end looks like that.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

fknlo posted:

Hopefully they can work some magic with the looks of the G cars because I'm not a fan of them at all in regular narrow body form.

the front of it looks weird grille wise but i think it's ok

edit: lol i hope that is what the new M3 looks like

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Wrap it up, BMW.

loving hell.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Grille looks like a droopy robot rear end

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

This makes a great joke, but I have a feeling it wasn’t in jest.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I got this, somebody hold my beer.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 31, 2019

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Powershift posted:

I got this, somebody hold my beer.

That's actually a little better...somehow...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrChips posted:

That's actually a little better...somehow...

Proportionally, it's more Audi and less Angry Pigs