Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm interested in the Sleep record and maybe the Trout Mask. How much are we talking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

hexwren posted:

I'm interested in the Sleep record and maybe the Trout Mask. How much are we talking?

150 for both.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Too rich for my blood, sorry

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

hexwren posted:

Too rich for my blood, sorry

Understandable. Honestly I'd much rather just price them for what I paid but with all the bullshit with ebay/paypal fees or in this case shipping, I want to put it up slightly to break even on them and that's the lowest I can go without losing money. I don't want you to have the impression that I'm trying to gouge you.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I’m not in the market- I couldn’t bear to part with $60 for some of those the first time around- but if you use Square Cash app, there’s no fee if you’re using debit card. Facebook messenger doesn’t have a fee either but you’d have to be Friends™

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

pwn posted:

I’m not in the market- I couldn’t bear to part with $60 for some of those the first time around- but if you use Square Cash app, there’s no fee if you’re using debit card. Facebook messenger doesn’t have a fee either but you’d have to be Friends™

The problem was that I had it set as an automatic payment and I'm a dipshit and kept forgetting to cancel before they took the payment and for some reason they won't refund you after they already charge you despite them not announcing the poo poo until a loving month after they take your money. And honestly most of the last year or so has been really lackluster. I do like having a copy of Trout Mask Replica but you can just buy the black vinyl one for regular retail because I don't care about the colors or trinkets. I just prefer to avoid ebay more than paypal because they take too much money especially when you add paypal (and also because ebay is a huge pain in the rear end and the buyers can be loving terrible). When I do sell poo poo on ebay I try to price lower than what ever the going rate is to move the item as fast as I can. With these things you can lose money on them some times. There have been a lot of great packages though that definitely give you a lot of bang for your buck. The rest of the stuff is just for super collectors or whoever and that's not me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Oh by the way. Did any of you know that 600 dollars is on the low end for a dog's teeth cleaning?

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

CPL593H posted:

150 for both.

wtf

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
It's ~$60 per vault item, so accounting for shipping on those box sets and PayPal deductions, there's really not much upcharge there.

e: Bottom price for both on Discogs, before shipping, would be ~$170.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

After shipping and fees my total profit on this would probably be around ten dollars to fifteen dollars. I just wanted to price it at enough to make sure I broke even.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

CPL593H posted:

After shipping and fees my total profit on this would probably be around ten dollars to fifteen dollars. I just wanted to price it at enough to make sure I broke even.

It’s the fancy Fish Scale Trout Mask? I’ll buy it for 75.

It’s the full vault package right? Fishscale rainbow vinyl, 7 inch single, tote bag?

Friend and Message me on discord

Bum the Sad#2249

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 20, 2019

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Bum the Sad posted:

It’s the fancy Fish Scale Trout Mask? I’ll buy it for 75.

It’s the full vault package right? Fishscale rainbow vinyl, 7 inch single, tote bag?

Friend and Message me on discord

Bum the Sad#2249

Yeah I got all the stuff. I sent you a thing but I also have no idea how discord works. It's the same user name I have here.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

CPL593H posted:

Yeah I got all the stuff. I sent you a thing but I also have no idea how discord works. It's the same user name I have here.

I got it! Sending you messages now.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Record purchased. A fair price considering they retailed new for $60. Also I just got notification yesterday that my Amazon purchase of Troutmask is shipping. So I’m gonna throw this fancy rainbow scale one on the wall in a frame to annoy the wife and listen to the mass market reprint.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Bum the Sad posted:

Record purchased. A fair price considering they retailed new for $60. Also I just got notification yesterday that my Amazon purchase of Troutmask is shipping. So I’m gonna throw this fancy rainbow scale one on the wall in a frame to annoy the wife and listen to the mass market reprint.

Your wife gonna be living in frownland lol

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Got my Phenomena order from Waxwork at last. Took plenty of time but it’s very pretty and the sound quality seems decent, can’t complain about adding more Goblin to my life.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

sporklift posted:

Your wife gonna be living in frownland lol

I cannot go back to her land of gloom!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

My DeepDiscount order came in today.

Unfortunately I think I got a bad pressing of Blue Velvet. There's some speed issues that are obvious on some songs, and it's clearly pressed a bit off center. You can hear it pretty clearly in Mysteries of Love:
https://streamable.com/l5ztq

The strobe doesn't play well with the camera but the 33rpm outer ring is pretty stable to my eyes. I confirmed with a test record that the warble isn't just my turntable.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I was really hoping to pick up a White2 but it was juuuuuuuuust outta my price range, this was a nice consolation prize.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Did something stupid

Mountain Goats - Zopilote Machine TP #1

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap
nice that's cool

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The 311 Lifestyle posted:

nice that's cool

There’s an All Survivors Pack on discogs if yr feeling frisky iirc you want it

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Did something stupid

I bought this (regular press) when it came out. Couldn't have been over $20... now its :eyepop: Can't imagine how much that test press was.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Did something stupid

That isn't on Discogs, you should submit it.

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap

Paul ReiserFS posted:

There’s an All Survivors Pack on discogs if yr feeling frisky iirc you want it

ah poo poo ah hell

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Once again I am playing all vinyl and bizarre movies at WedgeHead in PDX this coming Monday.

Sip and Flip Aug. 5th

8-11pm
21 and over

Wedgehead
3728 NE Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR 97232

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
there is a kickstarter project producing cassette tape players but they are mono not stereo

what would the difference in listening quality be regarding headphones

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

bowmore posted:

there is a kickstarter project producing cassette tape players but they are mono not stereo

Just buy a tape deck from a thrift store instead of paying a high price for some trendy hipster douchebag's vanity project.

pwn
May 27, 2004

bowmore posted:

Probably uses the same Tanashin mechanism that every other tape deck you can buy uses, since they’re the only people still making one, according to Techmoan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nezGOVOpHtc

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CPL593H posted:

Just buy a tape deck from a thrift store instead of paying a high price for some trendy hipster douchebag's vanity project.
it’s a walkman style thing, every walkman i’ve found needs heavy refurb and nobody in my city refurbs tape decks anymore

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

bowmore posted:

it’s a walkman style thing, every walkman i’ve found needs heavy refurb and nobody in my city refurbs tape decks anymore

If you're not looking for something special there are plenty of Walkman style tape players on Amazon for about twenty dollars. Most of then have some kind of tape to digital converter thing.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

pwn posted:

Probably uses the same Tanashin mechanism that every other tape deck you can buy uses, since they’re the only people still making one, according to Techmoan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nezGOVOpHtc

Yep. Watch that video and then buy a vintage 80s or 90s tape deck and you'll be happier.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, I found my Nakamichi in a random store in the back for $50 after I asked the guy if he had any hifi gear. It’s not anything special by them, but it’s a solid enough deck that doesn’t give me issues.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

bowmore posted:

VWestlife did a video about that one. It's crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVylfRhIA7o

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I got tipped like crazy today and headed to the record store. Not only that, my Residents record hit the door including a freebie sent as a mea culpa for late shipping. Behold hot sauce and dirty dishes! Christ I gotta clean this dump.

The bonus Residents LP that includes the encore along with all the video segments is apparently shipping out starting next week, too!

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 1, 2019

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

rockinricky posted:

VWestlife did a video about that one. It's crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVylfRhIA7o
thanks mate

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

all my vinyl is being plagued by excessive static, any recommendations for sleeves or a way to prevent so much static? It's ruining my first playthrough of KMFDM - Angst D:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
the milty anti static gun looks like some as seen on tv poo poo that shouldn't work but does, a spinclean or other record washer will also get rid of static. Poly lined inner sleeves are cheap enough to be a must imo. I have bought the expensive mobile fidelity ones in the past but am currently using panmer ones which are half the price and just as good. Static will always build up again over time but the above stuff will minimize it as much as is possible.

pwn
May 27, 2004

I don’t understand the polylined sleeves thing. I have plenty of records kept in them that are static-laden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
If you leave them for ages between plays they will build up static even due to the rotation of the earth (so I'm told). Poly sleeves just increase how long that takes and obviously induce less static whenever you slide the records in and out.