Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beet Wagon posted:

As the sole remaining mod here, our official stance is that pineapple on pizza is good, actually

No, sorry. I love pineapple, but it doesn't work on pizza. Clashes with the tomato.

Also, pineapple on pizza is a US cybersecurity intelligence operations demonstration:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-cybersecurity-agency-uses-pineapple-pizza-demonstrate-vulnerability-foreign-n1035296

Scruffpuff posted:

I have it on good authority that bleu cheese goes on tacos.

You speak only truth.

XK fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sandweed posted:

The worlds leaders consistently ignoring climate change, leading our civilization maybe even the human race on the path to total extinction.

i know already that i will regret this. but:

this planet is hosed up beyond believe anyway. sadly i'm not joking. the human race will destroy this planet, there is no way out. because there are 1.000.000 ways to destroy it but only 1 way to save it.

i thought that often occured to me is:
humans are smart on an individual basis.
but super stupid as a collective.

ok, enough off-topic...how about that game...shtar schitizen?

edit: pinapple goes with everything indeed. never tried fried chicken with legos but that sounds trippy also

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 30, 2019

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

-It's a scam!
-Your honor, by calling our scam a scam he may have changed the agencies perception of our company
-You have a point there

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/_johncrewe/status/1156249140822773760

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Bumble He posted:

this planet is hosed up beyond believe anyway. sadly i'm not joking. the human race will destroy this planet, there is no way out. because there are 1.000.000 ways to destroy it but only 1 way to save it.

Do not fret. When Chris Roberts' work is done we will all upload our minds to Star Citizen and exist in perfect bliss.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Do not fret. When Chris Roberts' work is done we will all upload our minds to Star Citizen and exist in perfect bliss.

We definitely won't need eyes where we're going.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Star Citizen sucks.
My baby girl Willow does not, however:

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Bumble He posted:

edit: pinapple goes with everything indeed. never tried fried chicken with legos but that sounds trippy also

You can't save the planet, but you can save Chris Roberts's pockets by buying an Idris.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Wow, look at that giant ship model...

I wonder how many millions they've blown on ship models and fancy doors and desk rivets?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Sample_text posted:

-Squadron is released and it's a mediocre 7/10 FPS with space combat bits.
-Nobody cares since Cyberpunk 2077 will be released by then.
-The usual brady bunch of Jim Sterling, Angry Joe , etc all collectively go "That's it?"
-Nobody gives a poo poo about the PTU since by then NMS Online, Dual Universe and the next Elite update will be online and satisfy the range of gamer tastes, from grognard to mega-casual.
-"Want to try cool spaceship combat? Warframe is free"
-Roberts gets Molyneux'd out of the game industry.
-"You can't say it was all a scam since they did release the game"
-"I appreciate that they tried"
-"It's something, and it's better than nothing"
-At least one SC streamer will have an on-stream meltdown when playing Squadron 42. (My bet is on Baron) .
-Nobody will get investigated for fraud.
-CIG will slowly shutdown the company and end with "Thanks for participating in the dream"
-Bootcha either makes it big with SCG when people start autopsying the corpse , or moves on when everyone stops caring.
-"Crobear.jpg" will be the most memorable Star Citizen related thing to survive through the years, and will eventually end up as a twitch emote used as a shorthand for "would I lie to you?"

/my predictions.

EDIT: Also I'm pretty sure the goons here will have the wind taken out of their sails by not really having anyone to give the "I told you so". I mean who are you gonna poo poo talk?
-The people who go full Starloop (yeah I didn't forget that guy)?
-Vertex man? Toejam? Who'll just rant incoherently about whatever...
-The streamers and content creators? MAN those guys will pivot harder than anything as soon as they smell their audience will allow them to switch games. I'll bet people like Twerk and Saurus will openly invite goons in their stream and say "Hey man I really feel like an idiot. Wow I sure got suckered by Roberts. But [Dual Universe/Warframe/No man's Sky] is different maaaan . It's a complete game. Why don't you stay awhile and vent. Here's a gifted sub"
-Roberts himself? Lol

There's no "I told you so" to be had. The rest of the gaming world? "Hey man Star Citizen turned out to be a scam!!!" Lol. Most of the game industry is a scam nowadays bro. What cave have you been living in?

I do wonder if and how the Guinness Book of Records will amend their entry for 'most crowdfunded project'.
https://gamerant.com/star-citizen-world-record/

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Beet Wagon posted:

As the sole remaining mod here, our official stance is that pineapple on pizza is good, actually

Thread good again.

e: And also pineapple on pizza.

Flared Basic Bitch fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 30, 2019

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Actually you'll find that anchovies are the superior topping

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Bumble He posted:

Don't worry friend - the planet will be fine. We just won't be around to see whatever follows on after us the way the dinosaurs didn't get to experience the true bliss of seeing mankind strive for their greatest accomplishment, Star Citizen.

But really, this helps me sleep at night - planet has been through far, far worse than us and Carlin had it right when he said it'll shake us off like a bad case of fleas one day. I fully expect on that day Derek will publish a final blog post exclaiming that he called it.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Bumble He posted:

The Earth will be fine. Humans will not. We are a minor evolutionary blip, and in the far far distant future, alien visitors of a pristine Earth with be confused by the odd carbon nano tube and diamond sculptures scattered about the planet, trying to figure out how they formed naturally.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

7 years of development and people are just complaining about dying for doing such crazy things like running lolololololol

They deserve to have their money taken.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I thought the thread might like an update on the state of combat, and specifically the effectiveness of the new gimbal system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxKUhNjKYcQ

Hoo boy look at that TTK. It's totally fine to have you do that 10-15 times to complete a single misson, and have you die in a couple of shots, right? Git gud.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Developer: Hello Chris we are really interested in your earth shattering tech. Can you give us a quick run down!

Chris: Yeah, Um. It allows up to 48 players on a server to play at up to mid-30 fps for the first hour or two after reboot, as time goes bye it does go down of course. Ramps and doors kill you along with any sort of aerobic activity! AI will fire in random directions and at times simply not spawn. Now elevators, let me talk about elevators...

Developer: <click>

Chris: Hello? Hello?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Bumble He posted:

because there are 1.000.000 ways to destroy it but only 1 way to save it.

Thank you for using decimals for accuracy.

Also bacon and pineapple are good with p much everything.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 31, 2019

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

monkeytek posted:

Developer: Hello Chris we are really interested in your earth shattering tech. Can you give us a quick run down!

Chris: Yeah, Um. It allows up to 48 players on a server to play at up to mid-30 fps for the first hour or two after reboot, as time goes bye it does go down of course. Ramps and doors kill you along with any sort of aerobic activity! AI will fire in random directions and at times simply not spawn. Now elevators, let me talk about elevators...

Developer: <click>

Chris: Hello? Hello?

I'm calling fake news. The real Chris Roberts would have said a lot more umms, errrs, and emmms.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

The engine they're developing, Mr That Kazan, is incredibly old and outdated.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

~ $3700 (USD)

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 31, 2019

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

That whole thread is a lol gold mine .... Backers going in all directions in it.

One of the best is "ask not what CIG can do for you ask what you can do for CIG"*

Great stuff CIG backers, just what we needed.
:smuggo:

* I'm sure that guy was just taking the piss like alot of posters there are ... Turning tide maybe?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Star Citizen: proving to be a more difficult solve than they thought

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bumble He posted:

People will destroy people, that is all. The planet and nature will survive us, but people, that's another story...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dementropy posted:

~ $3700 (USD)

yes that is definitely an addiction

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ITS NOT A BUG! ITS A VERY EXPENSIVE FEATURE!

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

Dementropy posted:

~ $3700 (USD)

This is called addictive personality, get help commando.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

monkeytek posted:

This is called addictive personality, get help commando.

That can’t be normal. What do you do with it all?

This could be an interesting modern case of mass hysteria coupled with a smidgeon of FOMO.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

I guess it's not just their .jpg's that come missing seats

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Sandweed posted:

The worlds leaders consistently ignoring climate change, leading our civilization maybe even the human race on the path to total extinction.

With EPIC GAMES STORE going unchecked perhaps this is for the best

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

I rest my case

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

This, but also he said you guys look like nerds,

gently caress that guy! And gently caress pineapple!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Star Citizen sucks.
My baby girl Willow does not, however:

cute pupper!

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

THAT Kazan is losing his mind

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Mods!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Y SO MUCH WORDS WHEN U CAN JUST SAY GIT GUD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Sub is still full of sweet sweet salt then...

Death of a Spaceman