Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

multijoe posted:

Stands are a manifestation of their user's soul and reflect their personality, even if only subconsciously

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah also it's not like the whole requiem thing is super conscious on the stand user's part, i doubt polnareff was really hype on the idea of loving everything around him falling asleep and switching souls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

And Ungalo just looks like...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Let's all just take a minute to appreicate how Giorno, Rikiel and Donatello all came out handsome.

And Ungalo just looks like...that.

Ungalo got the Dario genes

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like how he has a u on his face so he doesn't forget what his name is

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Let's all just take a minute to appreicate how Giorno, Rikiel and Donatello all came out handsome.

And Ungalo just looks like...that.

[extremely JoJo's Copyright Free Adventures in Italy Voice]: Droogs

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah also it's not like the whole requiem thing is super conscious on the stand user's part, i doubt polnareff was really hype on the idea of loving everything around him falling asleep and switching souls

Polnareff's deal was presumably that he wanted to be free of his broken body and being completely defeated in mind and spirit he couldn't control that impulse and it manifested in the completely haywire way it did with Chariot Requiem.

Stands have never been handed out randomly and GER 'restoring life' to causality destroyed by KC lines up perfectly with the concepts behind GE already, just in a more metaphysical sense. So I don't think tthere's any reason to doubt the power of GER on some level comes from Giorno's own desires, sending people to the infinite hell dimention and all.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

multijoe posted:

Polnareff's deal was presumably that he wanted to be free of his broken body and being completely defeated in mind and spirit he couldn't control that impulse and it manifested in the completely haywire way it did with Chariot Requiem.

I thought with Polnareff it was his desire to protect the arrow at all costs (specifically from Diavolo, mind), hence why Chariot Requiem aggressively pursues and attempts to kill anybody who even so much as touches the arrow (not just Diavolo).

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Angry_Ed posted:

I thought with Polnareff it was his desire to protect the arrow at all costs (specifically from Diavolo, mind), hence why Chariot Requiem aggressively pursues and attempts to kill anybody who even so much as touches the arrow (not just Diavolo).

chariot requiem does a lot of weird and seemingly unrelated things at once, probably there was a little more going on

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

multijoe posted:

It's an absolutely horrific power that should be used against anyone, though it really does speak to Giorno's personality that given unlimited power he develops a Stand that lets him be Old Testament God and sentence those he deems unworthy to eternal damnation.

God what a loathsome character.
There are a lot of reasons to hate Giorno, but honestly what Gold Experience Requiem does is pretty low on the list. Though honestly I feel there are a lot of villains in JoJo that deserve that fate much more than Diavolo.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hell, Diavolo isn't even the most deserving villain in his own part, let alone in all of JoJo.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

but diavolo employs, enables, shelters, and directs every single one of those more deserving villains

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

multijoe posted:

Stands are a manifestation of their user's soul and reflect their personality, even if only subconsciously
this is such a weird thing to be mad at giorno for

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Expect My Mom posted:

this is such a weird thing to be mad at giorno for

"wtf Dio isn't relevant to him at all, lame"

LATER

"hm. Giorno enacting Justice like all the other Joestars but like how Dio would is Also Bad"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

multijoe posted:

It's an absolutely horrific power that should be used against anyone, though it really does speak to Giorno's personality that given unlimited power he develops a Stand that lets him be Old Testament God and sentence those he deems unworthy to eternal damnation.

he didn't exactly have any say in it

giorno sucks and is lame but that one isn't his fault

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

multijoe posted:

he develops a Stand that lets him be Old Testament God and sentence those he deems unworthy to eternal damnation.

do you think this of Josuke too

this isn't meant to be an Own, I'm just curious. because josuke does horrible things to horrible people and then takes delight in it (yo angelo, donating teronsuke to the library, healing enigma so he can beat him again even), but unlike giorno, josuke knows he's doing it

gold experience requiem even says that giorno doesn't know what ger does

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Say what you will about Diavolo's death but Enigma guy got it Kars level bad

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

he probably deserved it tbf

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the dude owns a crime empire that gets kids addicted to drugs

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I was literally thinking about what Josuke did to Angelo and going, "Wait a second..."

Aurora posted:

the dude owns a crime empire that gets kids addicted to drugs

If someone came up to me and said, "If you could, would you condemn the people responsible for the opioid crisis to hell?" I wouldn't hesitate. As someone who is studying to go into a mental health and substance abuse job, if someone told me that some teenager sent those assholes to hell to suffer forever, I would be like, "Dude, loving sick," and give him a high five and some ice cream.

Maybe it's a little much, but like. gently caress that guy, lmao.

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 31, 2019

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

And it's weird because aside from going after Josuke's mom, he didn't do anything all that worse compared to pretty much any other villain in that part. Yet for some reason he got one of the very worst punishments. Heck, he didn't even hurt Josuke's mom, just trapped her in a paper.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
he frightened her

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TheLoneStar posted:

And it's weird because aside from going after Josuke's mom, he didn't do anything all that worse compared to pretty much any other villain in that part. Yet for some reason he got one of the very worst punishments. Heck, he didn't even hurt Josuke's mom, just trapped her in a paper.

yes because josuke stopped him

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Yinlock posted:

yes because josuke stopped him
No, the mom was merely bait. That aside he did nothing worse than most of the enemy Stand Users in that part.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
hm why would josuke be so mad at a rapist who tried to kill his mom, hm idk

DID Angelo live forever as a rock, anyway? I'd think he'd at least die of thirst in a couple days or something.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/hachurart/status/1156274756666187778

I am slain

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Hemingway To Go! posted:

hm why would josuke be so mad at a rapist who tried to kill his mom, hm idk
We're talking about Terunosuke getting an overly severe punishment, not Angelo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
teronosuke never raped anyone what?

and no angelo is alive. he's fused with the rock and is a man rock. he still grunts when koichi goes "yo angelo" weeks later

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

TheLoneStar posted:

We're talking about Terunosuke getting an overly severe punishment, not Angelo.

Sorry, it's been a bad day for me and reading comprehension

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TheLoneStar posted:

No, the mom was merely bait. That aside he did nothing worse than most of the enemy Stand Users in that part.

yes, because josuke stopped him

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Yinlock posted:

yes, because josuke stopped him

Josuke stopped a lot of stand users without trapping them in an eternal torment with no escape

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Anyone who threatens Tomoko should be destroyed imo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Josuke stopped a lot of stand users without trapping them in an eternal torment with no escape

they didn't threaten his mom

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a perfectly normal day defending serial killers and the drug kingpin crime bosses who actively promote and employ them in the jojo thread

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean the fate of the enigma dude was brutal as hell, yeah, but i have no sympathy if his literal gameplan is 'hey kid i stole your mom and i'm a highly gross weirdo who is within 2-3 seconds of just killing her at any point' in regards to that kid just existentially wrecking him

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Patware posted:

a perfectly normal day defending serial killers and the drug kingpin crime bosses who actively promote and employ them in the jojo thread

What's next? Defending the President of the United States (of Valentine)?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Josuke is a good boy who doesn’t kill his enemies, and in fact often befriends them. But if they threaten his mom, he subjects then to a fate worse than death.

I think that’s why Jotaro gets the final blow on Kira; so Josuke wouldn’t have to add a homicide to his scorecard.

If the cops found Diavolo’s body, I hope that doesn’t mean they found the homeless guy and took his sweet coat :ohdear:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Josuke is a good boy who doesn’t kill his enemies, and in fact often befriends them. But if they threaten his mom, he subjects then to a fate worse than death.

I think that’s why Jotaro gets the final blow on Kira; so Josuke wouldn’t have to add a homicide to his scorecard.

If the cops found Diavolo’s body, I hope that doesn’t mean they found the homeless guy and took his sweet coat :ohdear:

josuke merges kira with the pavement, granting kira his wish of never being noticed (and awakening a new fetish for him)

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If Josuke turned Kira into a doorknob or something do you think Kira would be ok with that?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just finished Purple Haze Feedback and it whipped. very cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Expect My Mom posted:

do you think this of Josuke too

this isn't meant to be an Own, I'm just curious. because josuke does horrible things to horrible people and then takes delight in it (yo angelo, donating teronsuke to the library, healing enigma so he can beat him again even), but unlike giorno, josuke knows he's doing it

gold experience requiem even says that giorno doesn't know what ger does

Yeah Josuke's actions leave a bad taste in my mouth too, but also they're also not torturing a guy forever, as in a literal eternity without end. Sooner or later Angelo and Ternosuke will be destroyed one way or another and according to GER Diavolo will still dying over and over in his loop of non-time long after the Sun's burnt out and life on earth has ceased to exist. It's an unthinkably horrific thing to do to anyone, regardless of how big a monster they've been during their life.

And I really don't buy Giorno is blameless for the actions of GER, it's a entity formed from his thoughts and desires and it can only do the things it does and chooses to do them because consciously or not that's what Giorno wants to happen. Heck the whole reason Giorno was able to master the Arrow was because he was able to control its impulses.