Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will AEW survive the year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 102 47.66%
No 17 7.94%
Yes after TNA buys it 95 44.39%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rarity posted:

Before he got probod rovert was making noises that Balor was definitely going to re-sign with WWE so expect him to run in on the main event at All Out

he also said Orange Cassidy was possibly being signed by AEW so gently caress him for getting my hopes up lol.

Prince Devitt showing up at All Out would probably be the only thing right now comparable to Mox coming in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AEW should sign Rusev and pay whatever it costs to have him come out to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ7hXMLxGc

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Rarity posted:

Before he got probod rovert was making noises that Balor was definitely going to re-sign with WWE so expect him to run in on the main event at All Out

Is this your scoop of the day?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

3.5 hours till the next Road To

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1156622335262244866

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I think he will sign the contract

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cody goes to sign the contract but instead flips Spears the doublebirds as he scoots away on his office chair. Tully Blanchard dies. Tessa swears revenge. Shawn Spears takes up erotic yoga.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

who is that lady she was also when mjf signed his contract

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

maybe it's Penelope Ford, who has been listed as AEW personnel since like day 1 but is like only seen in the shadows

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So I see all this Marty talk but didn’t Dave mention recently that Marty is more likely to end up on NXT?

I may be hearing that wrong but he said that’s where he is leaning or something.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So I see all this Marty talk but didn’t Dave mention recently that Marty is more likely to end up on NXT?
British Wrestlers do seem real dumb

Except ZSJ

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I may be hearing that wrong but he said that’s where he is leaning or something.

Dave was guessing based on what I am not sure other than his girlfriend barely being in NXT. I can’t possibly think why he would choose WWE over AEW but British wrestlers are dumb.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Aren't him and Deonna Purrazzo (who is signed to NXT) dating? That could definitely be a factor.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Deonna Purrazzo's been really unhappy since joining NXT as well so I'm not sure that would really do much entice him there.

The Croc posted:

Is this your scoop of the day?

Yes, unless he doesn't turn up in which case that post was a joke and this post was a joke about a joke

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Djarum posted:

Dave was guessing based on what I am not sure other than his girlfriend barely being in NXT. I can’t possibly think why he would choose WWE over AEW but British wrestlers are dumb.

an entire island of marks.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if he signs with the wwe because his girlfriend is there then he is the dumbest motherfucker alive

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

i hate that, marty in WWE would actually be horrible

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

people have said he was like a wwe fan or something who wanted to be there, and yeah they would probably pay him a jillion dollars to keep him away from aew, but he will also be a total nobody there within months and there's a decent chances he would see his girlfriend more on an aew schedule compared to having both of them on wwe ones

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

i hate that, marty in WWE would actually be horrible

I LOVE IT MAGGLE WOOP WOOP

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

One option is the entirety of his friends, the other is money and his girlfriend he’d still be able to visit on the frequent days off the first option would provide

Considering it’s wrestling, I don’t blame Dave if he thinks the dumbest option is the likeliest option. Historically, it’s the safest bet

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Rarity posted:

PARTY MARTY IS A REAL VILLAIN, A RAPSCALLION

ONE OF THE MOST "ELITE" BRITISH WRESTLERS MAGGLE

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I just hope they can cobrand Spring Break with NJPW and have it at Busch Gardens.

JOEY JANELLA AND AEW present: BATTLE FOR BUSCH GARDENS - SPRING BREAK V

and also get Joey vs Yuji Nagata

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Why would Michael Cole be anywhere near Marty, we all know where he would go.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
god i miss weird okada

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

initial guess is LAX / EYFBO

I'm not familiar, who are LAX/EYFBO?

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 31, 2019

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

DuhSal posted:

Here's one of their matches from 2017 with the Lucha Bros:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CppOMfW_rvk

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Barry Bluejeans posted:

god i miss weird okada

Same. I feel like that is the closest to the real Okada we will ever see. By all accounts he is a weird, goofy guy in real life.

I miss the balloons and yelling “Scooby Doobie Doo” while jumping off the top rope.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DuhSal posted:

Santana & Ortiz, they've been tearing it up in Impact and elsewhere the last couple of years.

And to be clear they're not the OG LAX (Homicide & Hernandez) from TNA, they're a younger team that took up the mantle with Konnan managing them and feuded with "OGz".

Although I guess technically the true OG LAX would include Apolo.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

karmicknight posted:

Why would Michael Cole be anywhere near Marty, we all know where he would go.

okada falling in with those cigarette smoking boys from america and having a weird summer of wearing long black pants and new hairdye ruled

like, who cant relate to that

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Marty can go to to AEW, then he and Britt Baker can travel together to Orlando to meet up with Adam Cole and Deonna Purrazzo, and they can double date. :allears:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the fact that they signed marko stunt and not tenille dashwood i mean what the gently caress they are doing over there

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

the fact that they signed marko stunt and not tenille dashwood i mean what the gently caress they are doing over there

Trying to make their heavyweight division look like actual heavyweights?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

I mean there are actually a bunch of people in TNA who actively chose to be there over other places so it's not always "wow aew failed to sign this person." when Jordynne Grace found out her contract was void I think multiple places scrambled to sign her but she insisted on staying due to a strong women's division opportunity and the chance to still do the indies+travel.

It's insane to say but in 2019 I feel like Deonna Purrazzo would have been infinitely better off on Impact, where she'd actually get utilized and have good matches. TNA is doing more with 10 women than WWE does with 40.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tenille is quite a bit like "Leva Bates" the librarian. Trained to be better than the bottom rung, but then the bottom rung unexpectedly disappeared. Wow!

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

impact's roster is really good it is a shame they are paid in loose change and their matches are broadcast on numbers stations

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Right now Impact has the best woman’s division in wrestling, non-Joshi.

I think Tennille is looking to prove to people that not only can she work but she is not injury prone. She has missed most of the last two years due to various injuries. I can see why AEW passed at this time. A year or so in Impact can change things.

I was surprised that Courtney Rush/Rosemary stayed in Impact. Both Allie and her had outgrown the promotion. Again I could see the injuries being the reason why AEW passed.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Here's one of their matches from 2017 with the Lucha Bros:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CppOMfW_rvk

thanks! that was pretty good! lucha bros did a bunch of poo poo they didn't do in aew yet. lax seem cool. though I hated the commentary about 1/3 through.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpni90vq9VE

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpni90vq9VE
Featuring MJeff and the contract signing between Shawn Spears and Cody Rhodes

efb.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Though there's always the comedy option

The real Kenny Powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

She gets to talk a bit on the Road To, she's Megha Parekh, chief legal officer for the Jags and currently also for AEW