Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dias posted:

Disliking Menat is some cursed brainrot material, damm. Rashid's OK too.

There's like 4-5 characters I think are cool and good and that maybe the game would be OK if they deleted the rest of them and also put them in a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
hot take mabye but my big problem is that Capcom doesn't seem to know how to make a 3D street fighter game "feel" good just on a basic movement and animation level. They're both also ugly as sin, excepting backgrounds.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Third Strike might not be a great SF game either but at least it looked extremely good and felt great to play.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hitbox vs model are so out of whack in sfv
Theres a lot of lag or at least there was when i played
Theres way too much proximity guard to play footsies good like im 2 miles away blocking a whiff wtf
Back/neutral jumps cant use any specials.

Yeah it feels bad

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Real hurthling! posted:

Theres way too much proximity guard to play footsies good like im 2 miles away blocking a whiff wtf

Have you ever played ST.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You know how they have Chessboxing, they should have that but instead of chess they play rounds of Tekken
When is Archon getting a modern remake? Kombat Chess and Wrath Unleashed can't be the only games to merge the strategy and fighting game genres.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Kolin, Rashid, and Menat can stay. Maybe G too.

And I guess Ed for story purposes.

Everyone else though? Naaaaaah.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dias posted:

Disliking Menat is some cursed brainrot material, damm. Rashid's OK too.

Menat looks cool and is mechanically garbage.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mango sentinel posted:

Menat looks cool and is mechanically garbage.

Yeah, she's a SF5 character, get with the times already.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
good sf5 newcomers:
menat
fang
zeku

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bring back Viper into a good, non SFV game

And also Alex is still my least favorite SF character ever. Sorry dude.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I remember when this game first came out I was pretty disappointed but then I saw a video of Xian frustrating the gently caress out of people just alternating FANG's Ryobenda and Nishikyu balls over and over again and decided to just do a lot of that. Then I found his c.MK and the game was ok for a while.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I remember when this game first came out I was pretty disappointed but then I saw a video of Xian frustrating the gently caress out of people just alternating FANG's Ryobenda and Nishikyu balls over and over again and decided to just do a lot of that. Then I found his c.MK and the game was ok for a while.

Cool excellent adventures story

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

With t7 and sc6 out, no sf on horizon the market is ripe for the reemergence of txsf :getin:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I did it, I bought UNIST

It fuckin whips

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I did it, I bought UNIST

It fuckin whips

Another phonon main huh?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I did it, I bought UNIST

It fuckin whips

Eltnum or Phonon main?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Another phonon main huh?

Sigh

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Is there a way I can just never actually listen to Orie's theme again

Like, I like the character a lot, but her theme is just... ugh.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

In Training posted:

Eltnum or Phonon main?

Eltnum, actually! Although like an hour dicking around with people in training mode is a little early to call it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MechaX posted:

Is there a way I can just never actually listen to Orie's theme again

Like, I like the character a lot, but her theme is just... ugh.

Just turn it to Nanase's and break the dial.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

All these people who dislike the president of the world disappoint me.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I have a few more.

Lennox Lewis has a transformation that turns him into a Jamaica man.

Floyd Mayweather will poke you to death. a little op if you ask me. Will try to run the timer out. Valid tech.

okay bye

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

chumbler posted:

Just turn it to Nanase's and break the dial.

weird way to spell byakuya

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

zooted heh posted:

I'd like to see Oro really but who are we kidding his double jump or something equally as stupid would be hidden behind the vtrigger.

The person who correctly hinted the 3 characters that would be announced at Evo just hinted that Oro would be in the second half of the pack (they're dividing the seasons into two now I guess), so I guess we'll find out! I'm guessing his second trigger will be that you can see his goods during his sweep kick again.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Lord_Magmar posted:

All these people who dislike the president of the world disappoint me.

G's easily the best newcomer of SFV, like absurdly so. Him dropping was the last time I had fun with the game.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Shinji2015 posted:

G's easily the best newcomer of SFV, like absurdly so. Him dropping was the last time I had fun with the game.

G should have just been Q, keeping the exact same moveset. G is astonishingly ugly, even for a SFV character

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Someone pointed this out in the UNIst thread, but the game is free to play for Evo weekend if anyone wants to check out the best current 2D fighter: https://store.steampowered.com/app/801630/UNDER_NIGHT_INBIRTH_ExeLatest/

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
I'm that someone. I played fighting games once upon a time so trust me I have great opinions. It's pretty fun.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Hobojim posted:

lol I play(ed) Necalli and Abel. This is why you shouldn't listen to me about anything.

That was Juicebox! He plays mostly KoF now, he has a generally good and informative stream.

Always gonna love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFXWJpuI2t0

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

HerniaFlange posted:

The person who correctly hinted the 3 characters that would be announced at Evo just hinted that Oro would be in the second half of the pack (they're dividing the seasons into two now I guess), so I guess we'll find out! I'm guessing his second trigger will be that you can see his goods during his sweep kick again.

He'll be the one character they actually remove a command grab and the chicken dance will be his super.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

Someone pointed this out in the UNIst thread, but the game is free to play for Evo weekend if anyone wants to check out the best current 2D fighter: https://store.steampowered.com/app/801630/UNDER_NIGHT_INBIRTH_ExeLatest/

unist is so good, looking forward to the top 8

you can play a game that's not sf everyone

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is G not Q? I thought they were supposed to be the same person.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is G not Q? I thought they were supposed to be the same person.

The official lore is “maybe”

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I assume they have a q costume for him right?
The business plan of the game is to gently caress up characters so badly that people will pay for the old version

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

Share Bear posted:

unist is so good, looking forward to the top 8

you can play a game that's not sf everyone

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884574&pagenumber=3&perpage=40

Heres the thread mentioned earlier. Its only 3 pages. Play the game, it's free so atleast check out the neat vorpal thing which is pretty unique as far as I know? It's like it takes some of the best parts of all fighting games and mixes it into one game without overwhelming you too much.

Granted I havent yet played vs an actual human so I'm sure that'll be a whole sad experience but it's really neat even as just a finger puzzle game.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Foodahn posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884574&pagenumber=3&perpage=40

Heres the thread mentioned earlier. Its only 3 pages. Play the game, it's free so atleast check out the neat vorpal thing which is pretty unique as far as I know? It's like it takes some of the best parts of all fighting games and mixes it into one game without overwhelming you too much.

Granted I havent yet played vs an actual human so I'm sure that'll be a whole sad experience but it's really neat even as just a finger puzzle game.

I played it for like 45 minutes off the free weekend thing and then bought it. UNIST just feels good.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

How's the community on PC? I'll definitely try it out at the very least, I liked the BBTag characters from that game.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

the game itself is very deep but the tutorial is _excellent_.

it does just feel good to play even if all you wanna do is IAD and 214b all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the only new characters that should be brought into a theoretical SF6 are Zeku, Hakan, and Menat. Zeku should have been a Guilty Gear character though Answer is a really neat ninja businessman too.

idk what they'd even do for an SF6 game though I'm more looking forward to the next iterations of King of Fighters and Guilty Gear.