Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

AngryBooch posted:

Get an Ogre Siegebreaker and you got yourself a stew going.

It was a good stew, went 7-2 with this:

https://www.17lands.com/deck/5d44801ad8f7c5cc9b21fc1e/1

also fun is the interaction between audacious thief and vengeful warchief. yes I'll lose 1 life for a card and to make my creatures bigger.

I'm curious what the good drafters in the thread thought I did well in this draft/deck (the temple and Chandra were purely raredrafts). It felt a lot more consistent than some of my previous decks, probably because I had a good plan and stuck to it? Also a curve, maybe. I tried to focus a bit more on card advantage and some okay recursion strategies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Customer service for WotC should really send you a picture of the person who you reported that stalled every single turn for the last 30 minutes' severed head on a plate

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Doltos posted:

Customer service for WotC should really send you a picture of the person who you reported that stalled every single turn for the last 30 minutes' severed head on a plate

I’d be buying more packs , that’s for drat sure

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/HackLotus/status/1157395297514864640

Uh I thought it was universally agreed that phyrexian mana was a busted as hell mechanic

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

zoux posted:

Uh I thought it was universally agreed that phyrexian mana was a busted as hell mechanic
Look I understand you want to critically analyze this commander card but why is a space marine wearing sea urchins?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
How the gently caress did an infinite gyre of death incarnate compleated over millenias pop out a kid

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Adoption?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doltos posted:

How the gently caress did an infinite gyre of death incarnate compleated over millenias pop out a kid

You know how many love letters Charles Manson got in prison

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
*yawgmoth before entering the caves of koilos*

freeze mysperrrrrrrm

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

zoux posted:

Commander isn't about balance it's about calibrating exactly how much mad you want to inspire in your friends.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Eej posted:

Commander isn't about balance it's about calibrating exactly how much mad you want to inspire in your friends.

My favorite story from that reddit MTG thread was the guy who was playing someone's Avacyn commander deck and he cast something that took control of his opponent's Avacyn and the guy just said No. Nope. Not giving it to you.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
That card doesnt even seem good at 4 mana flat. It seems like you'd run him if you had a payoff for shredding your own face.

EDIT: I did not read the card correctly.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 3, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Doltos posted:

My favorite story from that reddit MTG thread was the guy who was playing someone's Avacyn commander deck and he cast something that took control of his opponent's Avacyn and the guy just said No. Nope. Not giving it to you.

Lmao if you think I'm letting you put your hands on my goth waifu

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Uuuuuuuugh Rebecca Guay lands and the John Avon full art mountain are hidden behind the most cancerous mode of all, Treasure Constructed

This is an outrage

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

MikeCrotch posted:

Uuuuuuuugh Rebecca Guay lands and the John Avon full art mountain are hidden behind the most cancerous mode of all, Treasure Constructed

This is an outrage

chromatic black is back on the menu

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Doltos posted:

It was also revealed in MoHo that he was a total babe before shed his humanity like a wet bathing suit.

His son will be a 4-6 power lifelinker, that’s pretty cool too bad we won’t get it on Arena

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm glad it's only Magic lore that is kinda becoming obsessed with hotboxing the laundry room because Kerrick is literally just some dork that invaded the Tolarian Academy. For a long time we all thought he looked like this Prussian looking motherfucker

Or maybe the dish rag depicted on the OG Ostracize

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

what's a good mayhem devil list for treasure mode

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bedurndurn posted:

Those two decks in nice, importable formats:

https://mtgarena.pro/decks/christian-haucks-bw-vampires/

https://mtgarena.pro/decks/patricio-romans-bant-hex/

I may be bad at magic, but I can data entry.

Edit: That bant hex deck might suck a bit. I'm 1 and 7 with it, with my 1 win being a guy who disconnected. I've either gotten overrun by tokens or just endless mana draws with nothing to spend it on.

Cheers

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

What are good decks for treasure constructed in general?

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

resistentialism posted:

what's a good mayhem devil list for treasure mode

Oh poo poo, that sounds great.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spiderdrake posted:

I'm glad it's only Magic lore that is kinda becoming obsessed with hotboxing the laundry room because Kerrick is literally just some dork that invaded the Tolarian Academy. For a long time we all thought he looked like this Prussian looking motherfucker

Or maybe the dish rag depicted on the OG Ostracize

Yea he was a hunky sleeper agent that looked like one of those romance novel pirates and dumby Jhoira harbored him against Urza's strict no hunks policy (unless theyre hunks of junk)

Bust Rodd posted:

It was also revealed in MoHo that he was a total babe before shed his humanity like a wet bathing suit.

He was a 'nice guy' chasing Rebbec who was a total 90s babe

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

zoux posted:

Font of Agonies, Lich's Mastery, Vilis are cards in standard that could go in his deck. I know he's not coming to arena, but still.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
My draft deck has 5 Chandra’s outrage and 3 shocks

Turns out you really don’t need much more than that

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
it really sucks when then meta gets "solved"

so much scapeshift in gold right now, it's boring

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It feels unfair in a way that only Nexus really feels unfair, except Scapeshift is also a good deck. Rotation can’t come soon enough

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I've only seen scapeshift once or twice in BO1 outside of mythic so if you want a break from scapeshift you could always play bo1. Also, no-one in BO1 knows how to play against it so if you want some easy wins

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I'm janking rn and guys chromatic black with Dread Presence and Scapeshift is pretty funny

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

starkebn posted:

it really sucks when then meta gets "solved"

so much scapeshift in gold right now, it's boring

I maindeck 4 duress with vamps and it feels like an OK matchup, you can hold off the duress for a few turns so that it doesn't slow your aggro, and if you can duress away their scapeshift it buys you several more turns. It's good enough against the rest of the meta that it seems fine.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Scapeshift at least does something amusing which is more than Nexus can say.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Scapeshift at least does something amusing which is more than Nexus can say.

I didn't know about it the first time I played it and thought I was just playng some jank with bad draws. then they made a million zombies out of nowhere and won.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Scapeshift is cool and good actually, because you almost never have a dead draw. Top decking a land still gives you a zombie!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Aslo like even if you have a operfect wrath or Deputy they can still just have like 4-8-12 zombies again for literally zero mana.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
If you want to beat scapeshift play nexus

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

so that bant hex deck is basically just the midrange bant deck from when war of the spark came out, except for some reason someone took out a bunch of good cards, I guess for the sake of the hexproof "theme". You should probably cut a couple Barkhides and put in some Oketras and maybe an Arkbow

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Umm, hang on, will Ixalan Treasure Constructed only allow cards from Ixalan sets? If so my decks are going to be real bad.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Jeskai Hero is a funny janky deck (almost any deck that is made of 2-ofs is) but still fun to use.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Literally have been blowing up scapeshift all day with an aoe angel deck I saw a few pages back. It also matches up well against RDW.

I don't think the metas been solved yet at all

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Rhaegar posted:

Umm, hang on, will Ixalan Treasure Constructed only allow cards from Ixalan sets? If so my decks are going to be real bad.

No I'm pretty sure this is just the "visit" to Ixalan for the basic land tour

I'm breaking out in hives just thinking about all the clicking uggggh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

that feeling when you're in an esper mirror and your opponent draws multiple thought erasure and duress every single game, and yours are consistently in the bottom 10 cards of your library.

Match 2. I'm still playing the last match so I stupidly keep a hand of 3 lands THOUGH ERASURE! YES WOOO! I DIDN'T TAKE THEM OUT! lilliana, command the dreadhorde, elder spell. Oops, this time I;'m not playing my last opponent, its mono-black aggro. Lose on turn 4 to zombie dino. Game 2, Esper is the shittiest deck ever, loses to Duress, Yarok's handfucker, Davriel. What's the secret to good opening hands?

A Moose fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 3, 2019