Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nice, they changed Enoch's "this will be the hardest thing you have done" line in the trailer to conceal the spoiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol they split Fitz and Simmons again

God dammit next season better end with them being happy and together

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, thanks a lot! Of all things, I was really expecting Sarge Geras-punching his way out of containment to be included.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

...I can honestly say I did not expect this, and there's still a few minutes for something at the very end.

E: SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 3, 2019

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

RareAcumen posted:

Wow, thanks a lot! Of all things, I was really expecting Sarge Geras-punching his way out of containment to be included.

poo poo I knew I forgot something

https://i.imgur.com/qayyX5x.gifv

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Really excited for an agent Carter appearance next season now that the option appears to be on the table and they are doing period scenes anyway.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gemma is always about 20 levels above boss level when she's away from Fitz. I'm excited.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Just to confirm that I missed nothing: It ended with 'hey guys' and no credits scene?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

Just to confirm that I missed nothing: It ended with 'hey guys' and no credits scene?

Correct.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Did Deke come along? I lost track of what happened to him after he flew the jet to the temple.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bruceski posted:

Did Deke come along? I lost track of what happened to him after he flew the jet to the temple.

He was the one who asked Gemma where Fitz was.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was awesome all around and gently caress yes Coulson is back baby!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I wonder if Piper and Flint made the trek across time. They would truly be missed if they were casualties of script-writing convenience.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

He was the one who asked Gemma where Fitz was.

Okay. So much was going on in that last hour things got a bit blurred.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Don't like gemmas new hair, apart from that AWESOME

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Once again daisy does not even hesitate. Just mashing that “start” button without a second thought.

Also “hay guys :buddy:” was pretty much on the nose so I’m down af with Coulsonbot.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Codependent Poster posted:

lol they split Fitz and Simmons again

God dammit next season better end with them being happy and together

Once a year they both teleport into deep space to random locations for their anniversary

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus, this is gonna get weird.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Get weird?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Er.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

So, how far will it be into the season before they unveil the inevitable Leopold and Ringu-Jemma LMDs employed by the chronocoms?

I do wonder how the gently caress May is going to handle Coulsonbot though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So, unless this is some diverting timeline, this would be early 1931. (Fun fact: Constructing the Empire State Building took only one year.)

Any guesses what they would want to do at this particular point in time? According to their internal logic, they can't actually change the past, so what could be the aim here.

Roughly, how old would Peggy Carter be at this time? I want to see Gemma drop her serious facade and become a swooning fangirl, when they happen to meet teenage Peggy.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

So, unless this is some diverting timeline, this would be early 1931. (Fun fact: Constructing the Empire State Building took only one year.)

Any guesses what they would want to do at this particular point in time? According to their internal logic, they can't actually change the past, so what could be the aim here.

Roughly, how old would Peggy Carter be at this time? I want to see Gemma drop her serious facade and become a swooning fangirl, when they happen to meet teenage Peggy.

Peggy would only be 10 years old it seems.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Grrr I fell asleep watching AoS for the second week in a row. Odd because I love the show but I guess I'm picking bad times to watch.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

they can't actually change the past

It's not changing the past if your actions lead to the future. I just went looking for interesting events they could have been a part of in 1931 and it doesn't look like there were any. What a boring year to travel back to, but I guess if there are no important events to alter the danger of loving up the future is minimized.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

With the talk about needing an expert in SHIELD history and going back in time they are definitely hitting up Peggy. There's no guarantee they'll stay in this time either, the jump engine looks like it's been configured for them to be able to interact with key events in SHIELD's history and goddamn I am gonna be excited to see them jump to Peggy's time

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Per wikipedia Empire State Building was the tallest building for over 40 years. So they have a large window they arrived.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Digital Jedi posted:

Per wikipedia Empire State Building was the tallest building for over 40 years. So they have a large window they arrived.

They didn't say it was the tallest, just the only one above the clouds, and there was a large chunk above the clouds.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh I thought they looked it up on the jet when it came up "New York". My mistake

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Petition to change the thread title to "Agents of Tomorrow" or even "Legends of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

swickles posted:

They didn't say it was the tallest, just the only one above the clouds, and there was a large chunk above the clouds.

You're both slightly off, Simmons did say that it was the tallest building in the world and there was also construction equipment around the top of it because it was still being built.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

poo poo I knew I forgot something

https://i.imgur.com/qayyX5x.gifv

Yeahhhhhh, there it is! :buddy:

Man, what an ending. I was so sure they were going to solve the Yo-Yo problem by freezing her and then come back and defrost her later.

Also never would've thought that they'd actually just go with 'No, this actually isn't Coulson.' for the Sarge problem. Normally people get out of brainwashing but I guess being a flesh suit is a bit more advanced than that.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Yeahhhhhh, there it is! :buddy:

Man, what an ending. I was so sure they were going to solve the Yo-Yo problem by freezing her and then come back and defrost her later.

Also never would've thought that they'd actually just go with 'No, this actually isn't Coulson.' for the Sarge problem. Normally people get out of brainwashing but I guess being a flesh suit is a bit more advanced than that.

Whole episode was great, and I feel like they balance all the different spy/superhero stuff way better than the movies ever did (before the movies became CGI smashy fightman nonsense)

Really looking forward to a Coulson LMD that knows he's an LMD. Coulson lived for SHIELD so I feel he's the most likely person to be okay with him being a robot.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
plz episode clip GIF guy, donate some extra resolution to the scene of Not Coulson getting blasted into his alien form by Quake

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

It's a shame we can't just gif the entire swordfight.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Whole episode was great, and I feel like they balance all the different spy/superhero stuff way better than the movies ever did (before the movies became CGI smashy fightman nonsense)

Well they have like 16.5 hours to tell this story compared to the ~2 the movies get. And I dunno what other options they've got once people whose whole fighting style is 'laser beam' show up.

Bruceski posted:

It's a shame we can't just gif the entire swordfight.

I wish the fight had been like a Sekiro fight.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

bring back old gbs posted:

plz episode clip GIF guy, donate some extra resolution to the scene of Not Coulson getting blasted into his alien form by Quake

Noted. (Way too tired to do it tonight, but hopefully I'll get to it soon)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
At least Gemma got rid of those Godforsaken bangs.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ApeHawk posted:

Petition to change the thread title to "Agents of Tomorrow" or even "Legends of S.H.I.E.L.D."

But this show is good and that might confuse people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

ApeHawk posted:

This would be the best crossover