Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best?
Kirika
Dess
View Results

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm angry even though i know it was an obvious misdirection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Still going to be worried for the next week even though I'm pretty sure how it turns out

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Symphogear Experience

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
It has been a while since a cliffhanger has made me want to throw objects through the screen.

Also holy poo poo that's some collateral damage, how many buildings did Tsubasa wreck.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Boy that Miku's sure got a lot of blood in her.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Obviously at the end there Carol woke up and killed that Vampire.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Obviously at the end there Carol woke up and killed that Vampire.

Okay I'm pretty sure you're joking here but something like this would actually super own now that I think of it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

In other news, I caught something in the OP:

Now, what's significant about this? Well...

That's the Russian Woodpecker, aka Duga-1. It's an over the horizon radar designed to detect US bombers and missile launches. What's so significant about it?

It's located in Chernobyl, specifically in the exclusion zone. What's the next thing we see after this in the OP? Gas masks. Something is going to be happening, or did happen, there.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Okay I'm pretty sure you're joking here but something like this would actually super own now that I think of it

It's going to happen to set something of a precedent for later in the show when Fine shows up through Shirabe.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
cagliostro will awaken in the last epiose and say "im gay and hav big tities

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Clearly they want Miku to use a gear made from a broken artifact they found at their new base: the remains of Dr. Ver

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Speaking of, what was that place? I think I was supposed to recognize it. Something from season 3?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

Speaking of, what was that place? I think I was supposed to recognize it. Something from season 3?

My assumption was it's either that or the wrecked concert stadium from the second episode, but I think that would have had water around it so I think it's Carol's house.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I thought it was the remains of the tower from season 1.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Sindai posted:

Yeah, it's the remains of Carol's magic floating castle she tried to take apart the world with.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah it's the Chateau - although I also thought it was the remains of Kadangir at first glance.

In other news I watched the episode again and I think this is Tsubasa's best song since S1 by a pretty hefty margin. The enka background chants are so good...

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So how many more episodes until a living Custodian shows up? Kind of seems like they should be more of a presence than a dust pile and a fancy bracelet if they're supposed to be the Biggest Bads of the Franchise.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Sandman posted:

So how many more episodes until a living Custodian shows up? Kind of seems like they should be more of a presence than a dust pile and a fancy bracelet if they're supposed to be the Biggest Bads of the Franchise.

I'm not entirely sure Fudou isn't one - or something close to one, at least. Remember they had that scene with him grabbing Milaarc to establish him as supernaturally strong, and then when you throw in his ominous lines about reincarnation and poo poo and there's plenty of reason to think he's some sort of Freaky Space Person.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Wait. Does that mean Worst Grandpa is also the dude we saw do some incomprehensible magitechnowhatsit at the start of Episode 1 before dying?

And if so, did he order the death of Hibiki's waifu as revenge for her killing his own waifu at the end of S1?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Or he could just be like Genjurou.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That might also explain Genjuro's superhuman abilities, though the explanation given in S1 is obviously far superior.

Apparently according to the character profiles for this season Fudo is over 100.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

This season established the show as taking place in the 2030s, and we know Fudo was alive during World War 2, so he'd have to be over 100, yeah.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

and we know Fudo was alive during World War 2

Oh, I'd forgotten that specific detail.

Makes his character rather more pointed, doesn't it?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Such a good episode. Tsubasa’s super attack at the end was amazing and I want to frame it on my wall.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Such an unbalanced relationship...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ignoring that Ogawa probably does Tsubasa's tie for her, hilarious

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
did they just loving kill miku

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

did they just loving kill miku

It was pretty obviously a misdirection, imo. "Oh no, a fingernail, and then cut to some blood! Who did she kill, the main character from Season 1 or this rear end in a top hat we just met?"

I mean, this is a show that showed a little girl getting stabbed through the heart on screen a few episodes ago. If they weren't trying to trick us, there'd be no reason for a discretion shot. As it is, it's about as subtle as the camera focusing on a bottle of ketchup beforehand.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
frankly hosed up that millaarc stubbed her toe that hard at that specific moment in time

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What if the trick is that there is no trick?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
got a leaked script for the next episode... gonna be a doozy

millaarc: "drat... sorry i have to do this" *brandishes nail and cuts open HUGE jar of ketchup*
miku: "why did you do that"
millaarc: "we're gonna need a lot for these french fries i just ordered. just wanted to apologize in advance in case i got ketchup on your clothes"
elfnein: "hell yeah"
weird guy: "she killed me also. i'm a dead corpse"

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

chumbler posted:

What if the trick is that there is no trick?

This is actually my fear right now.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I want to say Symphogear isn't the type of show to kill off its main characters but Kanade.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Kanade wasn't really a main character, per se. She's hugely important to the backstory and setup of the story, but she existed in the series as a living person for barely an episode and had no interaction with anyone besides Tsubasa and three seconds with Hibiki.

Somebody like Miku dying would be an entirely different thing.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

got a leaked script for the next episode... gonna be a doozy

millaarc: "drat... sorry i have to do this" *brandishes nail and cuts open HUGE jar of ketchup*
miku: "why did you do that"
millaarc: "we're gonna need a lot for these french fries i just ordered. just wanted to apologize in advance in case i got ketchup on your clothes"
weird guy: "she killed me also. i'm a dead corpse"

it's all going into the beef stroganoff

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
if the show really wanted to test her conviction, hibiki believing miku was killed would probably open her up to millaarc's seal attack thing

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lessail posted:

if the show really wanted to test her conviction, hibiki believing miku was killed would probably open her up to millaarc's seal attack thing

It's called Mind Flaying.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm not entirely sure Fudou isn't one - or something close to one, at least. Remember they had that scene with him grabbing Milaarc to establish him as supernaturally strong, and then when you throw in his ominous lines about reincarnation and poo poo and there's plenty of reason to think he's some sort of Freaky Space Person.

I assumed it was just kung-fu bullshit, which has been established to be able to neutralise explosions and let you run on water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

miku, hand me your rubber knife