Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Apparently Kotaku has a Sunday comics feature, which they describe like so:

quote:

Hello! It’s time for Kotaku’s Sunday Comics, your weekly roundup of the best webcomics. The images enlarge if you click on the magnifying glass icon.
Shall we see what they consider the best this week?

In conclusion, the internet was a mistake.

ultrafilter has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Aug 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ultrafilter posted:

Apparently Kotaku has a Sunday comics feature, which they describe like so:

Shall we see what they consider the best [url="https://kotaku.com/sunday-comics-he-seems-nice-1836949341"]this week?

In conclusion, the internet was a mistake.

They missed this week's best Penny Arcade:

Love to find an excuse to only have to draw two panels.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Kotaku is right those are all good comics.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Push El Burrito posted:

Kotaku is right those are all good comics.

For a clown to read! At the circus! Idiot!

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They missed this week's best Penny Arcade:

Love to find an excuse to only have to draw two panels.

Literally this joke only told worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g7VoRQPswg

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Penny Arcades joke:

I don't like being reminded of school

This youtube clip:

The dream of never going to a class you were supposed to

Or is this one of those times where literally doesn't mean literally?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
You seem like a really fun, humorous person

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just read Invincible. It was pretty good. I liked it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Terminally Bored posted:

You seem like a really fun, humorous person

PA is making the joke that these two 40 year old men are still having bad high school memories and videogames bring back their PTSD.

It maybe a joke but it's actually just sad

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Absurd Alhazred posted:

For a clown to read! At the circus! Idiot!

nooo

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Goddamnit. I resisted asking but

Who is Ninja? I get from context that he is a streamer of some sort?

What is Mixer? I assume its some new streaming service?

But beyond that, the whole thing is beyond me.

Im sorry, I am old and out of touch

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Johnny Aztec posted:

Attention everyone reading this: don't answer a single loving one of these questions, you know better than to do that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

C-, trying to land two different jokes, first and third panels are artistically identical, overly reliant on text in visual format. Points for competent and clear art. I'm inviting you to resubmit this MADS; you can do better.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Picked up the new MM&O on Google Play Books today, blew through it pretty quick. Depressing, horrifying, funny, and I loved it.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

I really thought they were leading up to a "but Vernon knows how to make the printer work!!1" joke

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Johnny Aztec posted:

I dont know any of that either.

I do know I am :corsair: and if I cared to learn it would all change tomorrow anyway.

It's not worth it friend.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

You already have as much information as you need to understand the joke. Any more and your mind would be weighed down by information you do not need or want. I recommend going to your local library and treating your brain to some knowledge that isn't useless.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
^ Without context, it's just " Hey, this [Person] is leaving [Streaming Service] for [Other Streaming Service]"

Bombadilillo posted:

I dont know any of that either.

I do know I am :corsair: and if I cared to learn it would all change tomorrow anyway.

It's not worth it friend.

Just seen several comics reference this. Like, what's all the hubbub, bub?

Too bad I don't have children so I can't go " Oh hey, is that Pewdiepie?" to every Youtuber they watch.
Like how parents would call all consoles " The Nintendos"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Johnny Aztec posted:

^ Without context, it's just " Hey, this [Person] is leaving [Streaming Service] for [Other Streaming Service]"

You solved the mystery. I've got a big surprise for you: the joke isn't funny.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Ninja's one of the top youtubers/twitch streamers (I only know this because Jack Black refers to him a bunch in Jablinski videos), and Mixer is -- get this -- Xbox's exclusive streaming platform.

Nothing against Mixer, it's an acceptable streaming service I guess (never used it but my wife has), but lmfao at going Mixer exclusive because nobody watches Mixer

So, a potentially-funny situation, and a terrible comic

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Webcomics have really run every single possible video game related joke into the ground. Probably just as well.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Tree Bucket posted:

I really thought they were leading up to a "but Vernon knows how to make the printer work!!1" joke

Nah, he's just fine at that stuff, especially the software end of it. He's an install wizard.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Nothing against Mixer, it's an acceptable streaming service I guess (never used it but my wife has), but lmfao at going Mixer exclusive because nobody watches Mixer

He is getting paid by Mixer. They’re throwing money at him in (what I assume are) the hopes people start using the platform and migrate.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mierenneuker posted:

He is getting paid by Mixer. They’re throwing money at him in the hopes people start using the platform and migrate.

oh no I know he's getting paid, it'd be extremley dumb otherwise.

I dunno I just kinda always feel like the MS version of things tends to be a "ooh ooh me too" thing, ever since Ballmer. My amusement comes from the idea that someone signed on for the Windows Phone of streaming platforms

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Ninja's one of the top youtubers/twitch streamers (I only know this because Jack Black refers to him a bunch in Jablinski videos), and Mixer is -- get this -- Xbox's exclusive streaming platform.

So, a potentially-funny situation, and a terrible comic

You weren't supposed to explain it, but now that you have, Mixer is terrible because they literally have a dress code that only applies to women.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
You drat fools! I warned you all!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Skwirl posted:

You weren't supposed to explain it, but now that you have, Mixer is terrible because they literally have a dress code that only applies to women.

I had to check, and it's not true. Neither literally literally or figuratively literally.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's an amazing rumor to spread though

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
dammit I scrolled back and I missed Arrhythmia's post, I love a good runaround

my bad y'all

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Attention everyone reading this: don't answer a single loving one of these questions, you know better than to do that.

Well, it’s not like there’s some way for them to search for this information themselves. Until somebody invents an engine capable of such a thing, we have no choice but to put the thread on hold every time someone doesn’t get a reference.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I think a search would have worked just fine to explain this situation, but is it me, or have Google results gotten way shittier? Maybe my brains got real dumb at typing stuff into search engines, but I feel like searches don't return the thing I'm actually looking for anywhere near as often as they used to.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
It's not just you, Google has gotten a lot worse.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Yoshi Wins posted:

I think a search would have worked just fine to explain this situation, but is it me, or have Google results gotten way shittier? Maybe my brains got real dumb at typing stuff into search engines, but I feel like searches don't return the thing I'm actually looking for anywhere near as often as they used to.

Try clicking the bit in the result page that says "All Results" and select "Verbatim" instead. It eliminates Google's bizarre AI hunches and guesswork.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

aardwolf posted:

Try clicking the bit in the result page that says "All Results" and select "Verbatim" instead. It eliminates Google's bizarre AI hunches and guesswork.

Hmm. Interesting. At first I thought this sounded like it would be the same as typing the entire string in quotes, which I often do. Instead it seems that it's more like typing each individual word in quotes. I'll try it it, I guess. :shrug:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Y'all are loving weirdos. Take some Vape Puffs and calm down.

God forbid someone ask the context of a comic being posted.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's useless information that doesn't deserve to be spread, and knowing it makes all of us dumber

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Then yell at the person who posted the Penny arcade strip.

....Hell, just yell at them for posting Penny Arcade.

Now, for some actual good content:

My absolutely favorite Nedroid strip:

this one is also very good too

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Paladinus posted:

I had to check, and it's not true. Neither literally literally or figuratively literally.

Do you really think the fact that the dress code is technically gender neutral means any part of it is ever intended to be applied to a cis man?

https://watchbeam.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004147826-Streamer-Clothing-Requirements?mobile_site=true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Picked up the new MM&O on Google Play Books today, blew through it pretty quick. Depressing, horrifying, funny, and I loved it.

My physical copy is stuck at a depot nearly an hour away that closes 30 minutes after I get off work :(