Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

This is solid.

I've interacted with Wellerstein a few times and he's a very smart and very nice dude. It's always great to think that even before I knew who he was, he was very approachable and great to work with, even if I was punching well above my weight at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, I completely glazed over that :doh:

You're not wrong, and it deserves to be mentioned every time someone brings up Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The civilians who got burned to death with napalm become statistics, but the ones vaporized with atomz are victims.

EDIT: gently caress me i read the comments and idiots are pissing about "what about nanking and pearl harbor and bataan". Why did i do that.

MRC48B fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 6, 2019

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

:krad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LM4epxxEm0

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The future of Egyptian air defense:

https://twitter.com/mahmouedgamal44/status/1158863161308667904

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MRC48B posted:

EDIT: gently caress me i read the comments and idiots are pissing about "what about nanking and pearl harbor and bataan". Why did i do that.

People were calling the 2011 earthquake "payback for pearl harbor". Nobody should ever underestimate the innate viciousness in the average american

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Finally someone is listening to Mike Sparks!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the only problem I have with dropping two bombs on japan is that we didn't have an extra for berlin

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
From https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49285975

Russia is holding joint exercises with China, Venezuela and Iran in.. the Baltics, of course.

Looks like they spent a lot of time doing obstacle courses. And the venezuelans are wearing cancer headrags??

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
lmao those Iranian dudes are broke the gently caress off

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Did they do the traditional Russian “flip through fire while throwing a hatchet” thing?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm not sure anything in elevator hellworld has enraged me as much as the comments on this

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://twitter.com/StolfWaffles/status/1159847286282702848

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lol, o7 proud fur, and thank you for you're service

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
He's the weirdo they'll be talking about for years, and that was probably true even before this.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

im the guy dragging rear end with the rpg

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was gonna say 'lol why not just stick it out for 6 more years' but I think I know why after seeing the picture

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

In light of Pedophile Island being a real place that existed I'm gonna give the guy with a fursuit a pass. Probably the least weird thing going on right now.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
My first reaction is "ugh Jesus christ, really?" but my current line of thought is the same. Dude is a harmless furry, who gives a gently caress. Let him be weird.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Furry defense, cat in avatar...hmm...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bear in av hmm are they brothers

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Raptor in a dress in av Hmmm are they a raptor in a dress (not assuming xe's gender)

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
I’m pretty sure they scheduled those inspections on purpose. He may have worn that for the first time to receive the award but all the joes knew. Hell the whole BDE probably knew.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Dead people below.

https://twitter.com/xi_interbrigade/status/1160619730824290304?s=21

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Acquired from the AirPower coldest thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUEBgrTWp_g

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

EBB posted:

In light of Pedophile Island being a real place that existed I'm gonna give the guy with a fursuit a pass. Probably the least weird thing going on right now.

Maybe we can make up for it a nuke Pedophile island?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Aren't they our allies

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Is that what we’re calling that subforum now?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Is that what we’re calling that subforum now?

FAUXTON posted:

looks like UK gets to remain pedophile island while epstein's island can be called Kid Rock

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

https://imgur.com/gallery/CyZl08N

Not gonna lie, this sounds like an awesome date.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Madurai posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/CyZl08N

Not gonna lie, this sounds like an awesome date.

If you're an rear end in a top hat, sure

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

If you're an rear end in a top hat, sure

I remember the story here. She was hounding him about how he’s always tired from work and didn’t believe that he was exhausted.

So he brought her to work.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Someone else pointed it out previously but what the gently caress tanker spends every day in the tank going through gunnery

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Someone else pointed it out previously but what the gently caress tanker spends every day in the tank going through gunnery

the ones in syria

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
The RDAF was in good company at the Roskilde Air Show this weekend. That's Sally B, which "played" Memphis Belle in the movie.

Paint scheme on that F-16 is not bad either.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Mzuri posted:

The RDAF was in good company at the Roskilde Air Show this weekend. That's Sally B, which "played" Memphis Belle in the movie.

Paint scheme on that F-16 is not bad either.

I was in Dayton last week and saw the real deal.

Technically it was a reunion.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Wtf did they do to the paint? Got rid of the swastikas and the crew names and poo poo

Also nice flip phone in a belt clip, you were a super dad even in your teens

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Wtf did they do to the paint? Got rid of the swastikas and the crew names and poo poo

Also nice flip phone in a belt clip, you were a super dad even in your teens

They painted her as she looked at the end of her last mission. The swastikas and crew names were added during the publicity tour.

And I was actually in my 20s here.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Ah that makes more sense. And of course you were.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

One of the coolest things I've done was I got to meet the left waist gunner Bill Winchell at an airshow shortly before he died when I was a kid. He let me wear his jacket. I dont know if it was authentic from the war or a reproduction but it was still loving cool as hell when you're like 10 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

DurosKlav posted:

One of the coolest things I've done was I got to meet the left waist gunner Bill Winchell at an airshow shortly before he died when I was a kid. He let me wear his jacket. I dont know if it was authentic from the war or a reproduction but it was still loving cool as hell when you're like 10 years old.

Pilot Robert Morgan used to do the airshow circuit back in the day, met him a couple times.