Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Aerofallosov posted:

Wow, RF4 special is overseas already? Hopefully it makes it over.

Resident Fevil 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Heath posted:

Update: been playing Aggelos for ten minutes and it's perfect. Feels like a lost Wonder Boy game sprinkled with Zelda 2. Just wonderful.

Aggelos was fantastic, I liked it way more than the Monster Boy game that came out recently. If anyone needs a break from these first party hitters, it's worth checking out.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Having never played it so no nostalgia. Turok 2 kind of owns.

Confusingly large and aimless wandering till you find stuff. But it's fun to shoot dino-mans

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Rolo posted:

Resident Fevil 4?

Rune Factory 4 i think

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cool, what party games are on the Switch?

:smuggo:

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

All games are party games for a party of one! :toot:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

never really used joycons undocked but god drat is this what joycon drift is? Is it not an issue when they’re attached?

Cause fam, that is unbearable. Couldn’t even pick a character. Not sure if it was a one-off, I did try a re-sync. Both had the issue. I’ll mess around with them again. I have the splatoon switch FWIW. If it’s a consistent issue I’m sure glad Nintendo is fixing them for free because my joycons have maybe 5-10 hours on them and that’s a bit unacceptable

Now I wonder if they’ll fix my janky right pro controller joystick

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Minidust posted:

Thanks for the summary, this one's definitely on my radar. Does the game incorporate touch controls or is it strictly d-pad/controller based?

No touch controls for PictoQuest

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

If you put the effort into looking into this I'd be interested in hearing your results, if they do it for free or give you a price/estimate to fix it. Have the same issue, but was :effort: and just ordered another.

It's stupid but it all came down to third party stuff not being able to wake up the Switch and me being lazy and not wanting to get up to wake it up, otherwise I would have just bought SN30 Pro+ and stopped giving Nintendo money for their broken rear end controllers.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

katkillad2 posted:

If you put the effort into looking into this I'd be interested in hearing your results, if they do it for free or give you a price/estimate to fix it. Have the same issue, but was :effort: and just ordered another.

think I skimmed a post somewhere that said like $43 for Nintendo to fix it? So yeah, just get another at that point. I may look into it though, and will let you know. I actually have my receipt/proof of purchase for that.

Pretty sure I lost my Switch one and yeah it’d be dumb to require one

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bombadilillo posted:

Having never played it so no nostalgia. Turok 2 kind of owns.

Confusingly large and aimless wandering till you find stuff. But it's fun to shoot dino-mans

There’s a hint system that solves that. Turn that on if you’re feeling lost. It owns. It adds modern FPS style markers to things.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Andrast posted:

Three houses is very good

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

WHY BONER NOW posted:

No touch controls for PictoQuest
Ah, not ideal but I suppose I played through Mario's Picross okay enough!! Thanks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Do the n64 cheats still apply
I want me some cerebral bore

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Calaveron posted:

Theres ENTER CHEATS on the pause screen. Havent done any

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Calaveron posted:

Yup!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

never really used joycons undocked but god drat is this what joycon drift is? Is it not an issue when they’re attached?

the joycon drift problem is a mechanical issue with the control sticks and as such is exactly the same whether attached or not

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There is, however, a separate issue with first-run joycons having lovely Bluetooth antennas that cause problems very similar to stick drift

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Turok 2 is as good as I remember, and this port is just so solid. Thank you, goon and team.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

While everyone remembers Turok 2 for the cerebral bore, my favoritewas the Razor Wind, a combination buzzsaw/chakram that ricocheted off walls and would boomerang back to Joshua :allears:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Fire Emblem is legit so far out of my wheelhouse but I can't stop playing it. Great game.

But for real, where is that goose game?

Give me a game exactly like Three Houses but every character is a goose.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

While everyone remembers Turok 2 for the cerebral bore, my favoritewas the Razor Wind, a combination buzzsaw/chakram that ricocheted off walls and would boomerang back to Joshua :allears:

All the weapons are so satisfying to use. It makes me remember that the FPS genre can actually be fun.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Cause fam, that is unbearable. Couldn’t even pick a character. Not sure if it was a one-off, I did try a re-sync. Both had the issue. I’ll mess around with them again. I have the splatoon switch FWIW. If it’s a consistent issue I’m sure glad Nintendo is fixing them for free because my joycons have maybe 5-10 hours on them and that’s a bit unacceptable

There are 2 separate joycon issues

Drift is when attached or not the stick just moves. In fire emblem I constantly look down at my feet and It’s annoying but in something like Zelda or Mario it’s actually unplayable.

For wireless joycons dropping inputs and doing poo poo you don’t want that’s a whole different issue that not everyone gets (I have the same issue) and ya it straight up makes games unplayable also

I can’t believe these things are almost $100

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
It's a great way to get people to buy the "premium" controller to make the pack-in as poo poo as possible. Unfortunately there's drifting on those too for now.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
it sounds like the other turok 2 remasters have co op campaign but the switch one doesn't. is that right

edit: i had to edit it

whaley fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 10, 2019

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

whaley posted:

it sounds like the other turok 2 remasters have co op campaign but the switch one doesn't. is that right

edit: i had to edit it

There has never been a co-op campaign in Turok2. There was a bug in the first wave of production carts on the N64 that "allowed" you to switch to a campaign map in splitscreen. Though it was quite broken, crashed easily, very unintentional and was patched out in subsequent prints.
People keep bringing it up for some reason as though it was supposed to be there. It wasn't, and was never planned in the remaster for the reasons above as stated (and I'd have hated trying to write a netcode for it).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ka0 posted:

It's a great way to get people to buy the "premium" controller to make the pack-in as poo poo as possible. Unfortunately there's drifting on those too for now.

this makes no sense at all considering more than half of all the switch owners play regularly or exclusively in handheld mode

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Dark resists ghost though right? You’re trading resist >immunity for a super common 4x weakness.

I guess extremespeed bonus right

There's also the presumed Reckless + Double-Edge synergy. Hopefully they don't make it slow as poo poo after it evolves

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Has anyone in the UK had any luck with free Joy-Con repairs? Although the US is doing them for free I read an article stating the UK either didn't get the memo or just doesn't give a gently caress.

Curious if that's changed yet. The drift on my blue is getting worse, it started going nuts during a cup race in CTR and I almost accidentally quit to menu two races in

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

How does getting joycons repaired/changed works, do you just go to the store you bought them, or have to track down an actual nintendo rep in your country?

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
As an ex-pro (self-proclaimed) competitive Crash Team Racing player I can vouch for the remake being good enough. Besides the horribly long loading times, what are people bitching about right now? All I know is that they're throwing fits at it for not being a true remake or something.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1159494485862076417

Looks like they aren't skipping Puyo Puyo for a western release. I just hope the Sega Ages line is doing well enough that they'll eventually get to their lesser-released titles like Revenge of Death Adder. I have this feeling Sega will just abruptly stop having these made.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lube Enthusiast posted:

It's a shame you get it so late into the game, literally on the last level.

Rocket Pan posted:

There has never been a co-op campaign in Turok2. There was a bug in the first wave of production carts on the N64 that "allowed" you to switch to a campaign map in splitscreen. Though it was quite broken, crashed easily, very unintentional and was patched out in subsequent prints.
People keep bringing it up for some reason as though it was supposed to be there. It wasn't, and was never planned in the remaster for the reasons above as stated (and I'd have hated trying to write a netcode for it).

Would it be hard to implement proper split-screen co-op, like how the glitch worked but not a terrible buggy mess?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

rear end posted:

As an ex-pro (self-proclaimed) competitive Crash Team Racing player I can vouch for the remake being good enough. Besides the horribly long loading times, what are people bitching about right now? All I know is that they're throwing fits at it for not being a true remake or something.

Sneakily patching in lovely micro-transactions after the reviews were all out, afaik.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Don't forget that the post-launch micro transaction implementation also go around the ESRB leaving "Contains In-game Purchases" right on the box.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Oh huh. Yeah that's pretty lovely alright. I thought it was just a case of internet crybabies being, well, that.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Hmm, those Nintendo game vouchers are pretty much worth it if you're planning to buy any first party games right?

They're basically buy one game get the second half price aren't they?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kin posted:

Hmm, those Nintendo game vouchers are pretty much worth it if you're planning to buy any first party games right?

Yes but not exactly half off the second one.

Also as has been pointed out they become a killer deal when you get your eshop cards for 40-45 for 50.

Then it’s 80-90 for two first party games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kin posted:

The game vouchers program ended already