Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It’s easily one of the horniest movies they did (next to Village of the Giants).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Horrors of Spider Island was horny but not all that spider-y, all things considered.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Action Jacktion posted:

"When Ed Wood saw this film, it was like when Truffaut saw Citizen Kane!"

Racket Girls was produced by George Weiss, who also produced Wood's Glen or Glenda, though I don't know if Wood ever saw it.

Weiss is still going at age 98, though his stock footage-appropriating days are behind him.

I do recall that the guy who played Scalli was in at least a couple of Ed Wood films.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Maxwell Lord posted:

It’s easily one of the horniest movies they did (next to Village of the Giants).

I could be easily convinced somebody behind the movie had a gym fetish and in the 50's this was the only way to indulge it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Dawgstar posted:

I could be easily convinced somebody behind the movie had a gym fetish and in the 50's this was the only way to indulge it.

This movie awakened Eleanor Roosevelt's sexuality.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I've been given the mission of doing a write-up on all the "troubled teen" MST3K episodes as a back-to-school tie-in. Can anyone give me a list of all the movies that fit into that genre?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Gavok posted:

I've been given the mission of doing a write-up on all the "troubled teen" MST3K episodes as a back-to-school tie-in. Can anyone give me a list of all the movies that fit into that genre?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I Accuse My Parents! also has to be on there.

Was HighSchool Big Shot a movie or ashort

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Movie

Also The Violent Years, The Beatniks and Teenage Crime Wave

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I Was A Teenage Werewolf, as well.

Edit: Oh man and the Cheating short from Wild World of Batwoman

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Would Teenagers From Outer Space qualify? If I remember correctly, the only "troubled" teens were, well, from outer space.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
nah, i don't think teenagers from outer space counts

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Maxwell Lord posted:

"I'm being turned on by a woman who is long dead!"

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

muscles like this! posted:

Movie

Also The Violent Years, The Beatniks and Teenage Crime Wave

I was about to say that characters in The Beatniks were adults, but then I remembered that I was thinking of The Rebel Set. I get those to confused because the later has the line "You're no beatniks, you're just beat."

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Paper Kaiju posted:

I was about to say that characters in The Beatniks were adults, but then I remembered that I was thinking of The Rebel Set. I get those to confused because the later has the line "You're no beatniks, you're just beat."

i love that part, where platt is giving all the heist guys poo poo, one by one.

"enough money to forget that you can't act",
"for you to stop writing bad books and start reading good ones",
"and for you to cut loose from your lovely and wandering mother, so you can go to hell in your own way"

in general, the rebel set is pretty underrated

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

like, if it were on, on a rainy sunday, i'd probably watch it unriffed

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

It wants to, with that title.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Teenagers from Outer Space and Teenage Caveman fall into the category of “it’s the 50s so let’s just put teenager in the title."

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

But those teens were in trouble! They were turning into skeletons and everything!

[your signature is being processed. check the notification bar for updates]

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
How about Laserblast?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

tankadillo posted:

Teenagers from Outer Space and Teenage Caveman fall into the category of “it’s the 50s so let’s just put teenager in the title."

Which is funny since the teenagers in these films appear to be in their 40s.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SolarFire2 posted:

How about Laserblast?

It's true. They were very troubled. I don't think they were ready for some football at all.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

insert_funny posted:

But those teens were in trouble! They were turning into skeletons and everything!

Those teens weren't troubled, they were TORCHARD!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Some of you may have seen this interview with Mike and Kevin, but I hadn't and why risk it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8svwkSa7Ic&fbclid=IwAR1DdlM1LDjBIp_TUk2C0JLgJq_iY425pjz__jms8eHhpCh5THLcni3rXWM

I hadn't heard that KTMA went bankrupt right after they'd sold the show to The Comedy Channel and was turned into a Christian broadcast channel.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Daddy-O
The Girl in Lovers Lane (Vix, I did it again!)
The Giant Gila Monster.
The Violent Years (she died as she lived, failing algebra)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

These are all great movies.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Was driving home and for no reason, I thought of the punchline to this sketch. A 4-minute Sven and Ole joke!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2f0nfrgaK4

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Racket Girls at least has a reasonably sane premise and mainly fails on the execution and production quality, which is more than you can say for many of the other 50s movies riffed.

I'm not sure what the hell Batwoman is even supposed to be about, for example. Small timer that fixes women's wrestling matches gets too big for his britches and runs afoul of the mob is practically the Godfather by comparison.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
For those of you who never associated sexuality with your great aunt, here it is!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That bra's about as sexy as a concrete abutment.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jet Jaguar posted:

Was driving home and for no reason, I thought of the punchline to this sketch. A 4-minute Sven and Ole joke!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2f0nfrgaK4

The random barking dog at the end is what elevates this to genius in my opinion.

Also, it unfortunately dates itself. The joke is incomprehensible unless you know it's pun on Schlitz Beer's advertising slogan from the 80s/early 90s.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Sash! posted:

Racket Girls at least has a reasonably sane premise and mainly fails on the execution and production quality, which is more than you can say for many of the other 50s movies riffed.

I'm not sure what the hell Batwoman is even supposed to be about, for example. Small timer that fixes women's wrestling matches gets too big for his britches and runs afoul of the mob is practically the Godfather by comparison.

Batwoman is supposed to be about attractive women.

The plot is secondary.

Like distant second.

Like the distance between Earth and the farthest visible object in the universe.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

The random barking dog at the end is what elevates this to genius in my opinion.

Also, it unfortunately dates itself. The joke is incomprehensible unless you know it's pun on Schlitz Beer's advertising slogan from the 80s/early 90s.

In a way I feel like it works even better, like its a joke thats being completely lost in translation and you're struggling to make sense of it while you grapple with the ponderous weight of what you witnessed.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So that was 'To Catch a Yeti.'

Yikes.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Starcrash: that sure was a... movie?

Suddenly that Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 music video makes a lot more sense.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I was reading a recent interview from Mike and Kevin and the interviewer asked them 'Neil Breen movie when' and the impression I get is Neil hasn't allowed them access. Which is fine, that's his choice, but I mention it in case anybody wonders where a riff of I Am Here... Now!' is.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Dawgstar posted:

I was reading a recent interview from Mike and Kevin and the interviewer asked them 'Neil Breen movie when' and the impression I get is Neil hasn't allowed them access. Which is fine, that's his choice, but I mention it in case anybody wonders where a riff of I Am Here... Now!' is.

That’s the one movie Neil seems to have completely scrubbed off the face of the internet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Giant Spider Invasion live show was a delight. It featured a truly horrifying short with marionettes who control the telecommunications system, and the unedited version of 'Invasion' is... certainly a thing. There's a line Mike says in the MST version that went something like "And the movie ramps up the repulsion!" when Farmer Back Brace is chasing his teenage sister-in-law and there's a lot more of that in the full film. I mean, good God, Wisconsin. What's your deal?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Paris had Godard, Rome had Fellini, Wisconsin had Bill Rebane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hogama posted:

Horrors of Spider Island was horny but not all that spider-y, all things considered.

I blame bob boxbody