Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Paladinus posted:

I hope he reforms and becomes a productive member of society.

Yes i also want a spree killer loose in society, so he can.. be productive?? (???)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Collapsing Farts posted:

Yes i also want a spree killer loose in society, so he can.. be productive?? (???)

Well, he needs to reform first, so he's not a spree killer anymore. That's what prisons are for. Or supposed to be. Criminal goes in, regular person comes out.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Paladinus posted:

Well, he needs to reform first, so he's not a spree killer anymore. That's what prisons are for. Or supposed to be. Criminal goes in, regular person comes out.

Let me tell you about the American prison industrial complex...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

MariusLecter posted:

Let me tell you about the American prison industrial complex...

What does this have to do with anything? He's from Norway.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Paladinus posted:

I think that once you’ve tried to mass murder people you should never be let out, ever again. No matter how many times you say ”my bad, i wont try to mass murder people again”

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
The fart person is right. Don't let that fucker out to try again.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Collapsing Farts posted:

I think that once you’ve tried to mass murder people you should never be let out, ever again. No matter how many times you say ”my bad, i wont try to mass murder people again”

He can stay in prison for life, if that's his sentence. He still can reform, and be a productive member of society.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Send him to the moon colonies

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

launch him into the loving sun

no mercy for fascists

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Paladinus posted:

He can stay in prison for life, if that's his sentence. He still can reform, and be a productive member of society.

It’s nice that you think that’s possible but there are some truly evil fuckin people in this world and he falls into that category.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Oh wow.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Collapsing Farts posted:

I understand the sentiment but former Nazis are a great resource for getting other people out of white supremacy.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yeah, I know a priest, who has a swastika tattooed on his chest from his tumultuous youth, and he dedicates a lot of his time to bringing people from far right groups back to normal life. It works because he can connect with them on a very personal level.
I don't know if that guy will ever understand the wrongness of his views and actions, but if we're talking about hopes, I'd rather he lived to be a better man than died a terrible person.

persopolis
Mar 9, 2017

Paladinus posted:

I hope he reforms and becomes a productive member of society.

A much more likely outcome than being shanked, if the reputation of the Norwegian penal system is to be believed.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Paladinus posted:

Yeah, I know a priest, who has a swastika tattooed on his chest from his tumultuous youth, and he dedicates a lot of his time to bringing people from far right groups back to normal life. It works because he can connect with them on a very personal level.
I don't know if that guy will ever understand the wrongness of his views and actions, but if we're talking about hopes, I'd rather he lived to be a better man than died a terrible person.

I thought the second season of the punisher was kind of lame.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Loling at 'the fart person'

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Paladinus posted:

I'd rather he lived to be a better man than died a terrible person.

It's a good thing to hope for, but honestly I'll take either outcome

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Loling at 'the fart person'

Mods please

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Of the two options, I'd like him to reform.

But I want to be certain he has reformed. And once you see other people as The Enemy I don't know if you can.

Prison can be rehabilitative but it is also, and primarily, preventative. And with these cases its primary job is very much the latter.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Don't you know that the only way to show how good a person you are is to talk about how much you hate criminals and want them to suffer?

Source: all the middle-age women I work with who spend their breaks reading crime articles on Facebook.

e: Bonus points if you comment "what is wrong with people today" after reading each headline out loud.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Paladinus posted:

I'm friends with a former white supremacist who fronted a metal band who is still listened to by white supremacists. He had a daughter, left, and founded multiple groups dedicated to at least neutralizing his former beliefs. Arno Michaelis, if anyone wants to read up on how people can reform and change.

E: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_After_Hate

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I'm friends with a former white supremacist who fronted a metal band who is still listened to by white supremacists. He had a daughter, left, and founded multiple groups dedicated to at least neutralizing his former beliefs. Arno Michaelis, if anyone wants to read up on how people can reform and change.

E: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_After_Hate

quote:

In January 2017, the Obama administration awarded the group $400,000 as part of a grant from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Countering Violent Extremism Task Force.[3] However, DHS advisor Katharine Gorka and other aides of President Donald Trump decided to discontinue the grant in June 2017.

if anyone was still on the fence about "the Trump administration is full of actual white supremacists" here you loving go

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Spanish Manlove posted:

I wonder how many stones that would weigh?
None.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
What is *wrong* with goons today??

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Collapsing Farts posted:

Send him to the moon colonies

You want to turn the moon into an interstellar Georgia? Or an off-planet Australia?!?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A👏C👏A👏B👏

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Feels bad, man.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TFW Police shot your eye

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Somfin posted:

Mr. Rafiq looks like a loving hero who earned his wounds. Dipshit McGillicuddy looks like he's sad that he lived through it.

Apparently the old man is a Pakistani ex-soldier who moved to Norway to get away from it all. He's like an action movie protagonist who just can't get away from giving beatdowns

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

barbecue at the folks posted:

Apparently the old man is a Pakistani ex-soldier who moved to Norway to get away from it all. He's like an action movie protagonist who just can't get away from giving beatdowns

I'd watch a movie about him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

barbecue at the folks posted:

who moved to Norway to get away from it all.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-49327241
Lol

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Collapsing Farts posted:

I hope he gets murdered in prison

Cool.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

It is uncanny.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

This owns.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"Winner of the race war" ahahaha

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Does owning failson NEETs on-line make them less likely to shoot up stuff, as a bunch of them seem to be doing it to look cool to their forum pals, or increase alienation, making them more likely to shoot up stuff