Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
You dorks don’t play co-op? Gotta look fresh to death in my Maliwan duds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

If my co-op partners aren't sighing and shaking their heads when they see me, my costume isn't good enough.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Solumin posted:

I hope they've finally learned no one gives a poo poo about having 100000 recolors of the base skins for each character. Even the manufacturer skins weren't that interesting, most of the time.

The vladof Skins were dope

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I recall the Torgue ones were pretty good. But there were 3 for each brand, of different rarities, and the rarer ones were better.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
oh boy having flashbacks to crouching tiger hidden assault rifle

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Rinkles posted:

oh boy having flashbacks to crouching tiger hidden assault rifle

The most "loving WHY?" Borderlands 2 challenge

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Solumin posted:

I hope they've finally learned no one gives a poo poo about having 100000 recolors of the base skins for each character. Even the manufacturer skins weren't that interesting, most of the time.

The gameplay video from today showed that the customizer let you straight up select your two colors. I think some of the colors do need to be unlocked but it ain't as silly as previous.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

StandardVC10 posted:

The most "loving WHY?" Borderlands 2 challenge

Leroy Jenkins bot would beg to differ

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Nighthand posted:

If my co-op partners aren't sighing and shaking their heads when they see me, my costume isn't good enough.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Welp, you can get legendaries from golden chests now.

EDIT: This, plus Earl's Shop and the fact that upgrades cost money instead of Eridium now makes me think they're definitely going to have microtransactions for Golden keys and Eridium in BL3.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 15, 2019

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Of all the new stuff shown this week, i surprisingly excited the most about a little quality of life improvement - the ability to change active quest in game with a single button push .

Considering how big the average BL map is , and how many different side quest you usually have going , It can save so much time and tedium .

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

admataY posted:

Of all the new stuff shown this week, i surprisingly excited the most about a little quality of life improvement - the ability to change active quest in game with a single button push .

Considering how big the average BL map is , and how many different side quest you usually have going , It can save so much time and tedium .

does the map still only display the active waypoint?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Sooo, Moze looks great, but I wonder if the mech will conflict with my enjoyment of guns and loot... Is she the character for people who don't want to struggle with RNG gun loot or am I mistaken?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

RatHat posted:

Welp, you can get legendaries from golden chests now.

EDIT: This, plus Earl's Shop and the fact that upgrades cost money instead of Eridium now makes me think they're definitely going to have microtransactions for Golden keys and Eridium in BL3.

BL1's golden chest also poops out legenderies.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Greenplastic posted:

Sooo, Moze looks great, but I wonder if the mech will conflict with my enjoyment of guns and loot... Is she the character for people who don't want to struggle with RNG gun loot or am I mistaken?

If I was to guess, Iron Bear will be more support or an Oh poo poo button unless you spec into mech. Both options look extremely fun.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Greenplastic posted:

It will probably conflict with it just as much as Brick and Krieg did

admataY
Oct 16, 2008

Rinkles posted:

does the map still only display the active waypoint?

I believe I saw waypoint marks for different quests on the map, but i didn't watch too much of the previews so i might misinterpret it

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Monolith. posted:

If I was to guess, Iron Bear will be more support or an Oh poo poo button unless you spec into mech. Both options look extremely fun.

I'm pretty certain Moze will be the new Sal with almost-all-the-time-mech replacing almost-all-the-time gunzerking.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mailer posted:

I'm pretty certain Moze will be the new Sal with almost-all-the-time-mech replacing almost-all-the-time gunzerking.

That isn't going to be nearly as good since Moze's mech doesn't scale with your guns.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Also the skills that extend your duration and speed up your cooldown have diminishing returns

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh my god when you hijack a vehicle and throw the enemy out they do the Wilhelm scream. :allears:

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
We are gonna learn more about the BL3's endgame content this week aperently.
Hope it doesn't suck!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

admataY posted:

We are gonna learn more about the BL3's endgame content this week aperently.
Hope it doesn't suck!

Fingers crossed for no raid bosses.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
The raid bosses have been A Thing, there's no way they don't have at least one.

I hope I'm wrong.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

yeah i remember randy being proud of bringing the concept to fps games in some of the coverage/tweets. they're in.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I want full on raids, not just bosses!

Give us something that is a few mini bosses and a big boss and maybe some light challenge in between

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I just don't see why in a game that's eager to take so many cues from Diablo that they don't just copy the rift system. Diablo 3 didn't need huge ridiculous bosses it just needed good fundamental gameplay and a reason to keep doing it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pylons posted:

I just don't see why in a game that's eager to take so many cues from Diablo that they don't just copy the rift system. Diablo 3 didn't need huge ridiculous bosses it just needed good fundamental gameplay and a reason to keep doing it.

rifts would own

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Here's a short info where they talk a little about endgame. No story spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJemApKPQ00

The TL;DR is

quote:

Floated around the idea of a GRifting system, similar to Diablo. They didn't explicitly say that there will be a mode that designated for just mobbing, but they hinted at the idea of "I'm at end game, and I don't want to repeat missions. I just wanna kill stuff and loot" being incorporated somehow. They want something repeatable and with light context (not story driven). Freedom to play at your best, basically. He said he doesn't wanna compare it directly to GRifting, but it's in the same mindset. More will be revealed at GamesCom. :/

They're very aware of the formulas that other games in the genre have emulated; Destiny, Division, Anthem, etc, and they don't exactly want to mold themselves to those games in regards to end game.

Raids aren't a thing in the conventional sense like Destiny raids. While it wasn't spoken, this is likely to prevent a single mission being the thing you HAVE to grind to get the best loot. Borderlands predicates itself on being able to get end-game loot anywhere, not a single location. Could be wrong, though.

New game plus is 'definitely a thing'. (It's a staple. It's gonna be there).

Repeatable missions are still a thing. Likely not story stuff though. Bosses are re-runnable, but some restrictions may apply.

Hopping into a random lobby that's running a story mission you haven't reached yet, you'll be provided the option to skip that mission in your own playthrough once you reach it, similar to previous games.

There ARE ways to level up to 50 after the main story ends and you don't want to play it again. (Referring to the potential GRifting mechanic).

Large Expansion Content is still gonna be a staple. Quality of Tiny Tina's Assault, even larger, for the same price point. Significant quality for the price.

Free content will be a thing (likely referring to the Golden Keys, possibly other stuff like community event skins, etc).

Bosses still aren't going to be too mechanically difficult (ish). Borderlands bosses generally have had appeal do to their presentation. Bosses have always been fun. While there may be more mechanics, it's still likely going to be of the same volition as previous games. (Basically, no crazy mid fight puzzles; allign the stars when the boss is exactly 3 feet off the ground and your mag is half empty, etc).

All bosses have been given mechanics for solo play and team play. Aggro management is an example of something that'll be present in team play as opposed to solo.

Unrelated, but pretty cool: Anytime you enter an area, if your friends happens to be in the same area, you'll be given a button prompt IN-GAME to join their instance. They're looking to separate you from the menu as much as possible.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nice, sounds good

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Optimism: cautious.

For real, I've been feeling better about this game since the skill trees were released, and I really like what I'm hearing now.

Still not gonna pre order it but I might but it on Epic instead of waiting for steam.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Been playing through BL2 since I never did the DLCs. Kreig is fun, Torgue is a drat treasure, and apparently Handsome Collection can't connect to Shift for using codes.

Shame, shame, drat shame.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

J.A.B.C. posted:

Been playing through BL2 since I never did the DLCs. Kreig is fun, Torgue is a drat treasure, and apparently Handsome Collection can't connect to Shift for using codes.

Shame, shame, drat shame.

I got 200+ keys just like, last week. Shift works fine.

Solumin posted:

Optimism: cautious.

For real, I've been feeling better about this game since the skill trees were released, and I really like what I'm hearing now.

Personally I’m right there myself. All the footage coming out makes it look like the gunplay’s gonna be really fun, and it’s nice to see a totally new set of weapons (compared to TPS’ sort of new pool).

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Dewgy posted:

I got 200+ keys just like, last week. Shift works fine.

Huh. Could be because I'm in South Korea, but it kept giving me the 'could not connect' message.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

J.A.B.C. posted:

Huh. Could be because I'm in South Korea, but it kept giving me the 'could not connect' message.

I had to close the application entirely on my PS4 and restart it to get Shift to connect for some reason.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I've been playing BL1 over the weekend. I'm pretty sure Lilith is still my absolute favourite vault hunter to play as.

I got lucky with drops from just regular dudes, and got a hellfire shortly before rakk hive and now everything is on fire all the time and it owns. :black101:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Shift codes kind of break the looteconomy. If your best weapons are from shift keys, you will probably need to use more shift codes to find a improvement instead of playing a videogame.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Groetgaffel posted:

I've been playing BL1 over the weekend. I'm pretty sure Lilith is still my absolute favourite vault hunter to play as.

I got lucky with drops from just regular dudes, and got a hellfire shortly before rakk hive and now everything is on fire all the time and it owns. :black101:

Same tbh.
She was the best.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Did a little digging because the PS YouTube channel had me worried, and BL3 is going to have a framerate/resolution toggle on the Pro! :toot:

Not sure if that came up before but I'm happy to find that out, definitely. Playing BL1/2/TPS at a solid 60fps has gotten me spoiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Some theory crafted trees and 1 actually play tested from Admiral Bahroo.

Crit Machine Fl4k.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXIj2ZafU1A

https://borderlands.com/en-US/chara...4-2329546787%22

Max Shield/Fire Damage Moze.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_WPuURG2c8

https://borderlands.com/en-US/chara...6-2127876372%22

Rush/Extra Projectiles Amara.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tptf2lm6rEg

https://borderlands.com/en-US/chara...6-3547096573%22

Playtested clone/shield Zane. Which he says is really strong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgw-pCFcSR4

https://borderlands.com/en-US/chara...8-1868013622%22