Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

The Shame Boy posted:

Surely HBO realizes DnD is good at adapting things right? So they will surely adapt whatever Star Wars comic or maybe some new legacy thing that will be made canon by Disney and they won't have to make up their own poo poo and maybe Star Wars will be...good again? Or are they possibly gonna ruin it because it's not their precious Confederacy show?

Star Wars is already good.

E: vvv I'd rather see completely new stuff, honestly (which is why I'm patiently waiting for when Rian Johnson works on his trilogy), but Old Republic would probably end up being new stuff anyway since Disney doesn't want to use the old existing EU. The only adaptation I'd be thrilled about is seeing Kyle Katarn, but that's basically a fever dream since they already covered the Death Star plans story in Rogue One (and even had a fill-in character whose name (Jyn Erso) is very similar to Kyle's co-pilot Jan Ors. I guess you never know :shrug:

TheMaestroso fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TheMaestroso posted:

agreed. but i want to see them adapt old republic.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TheMaestroso posted:

E: vvv I'd rather see completely new stuff, honestly (which is why I'm patiently waiting for when Rian Johnson works on his trilogy), but Old Republic would probably end up being new stuff anyway since Disney doesn't want to use the old existing EU. The only adaptation I'd be thrilled about is seeing Kyle Katarn, but that's basically a fever dream since they already covered the Death Star plans story in Rogue One (and even had a fill-in character whose name (Jyn Erso) is very similar to Kyle's co-pilot Jan Ors. I guess you never know :shrug:

oh same. but D&D are best went adapting something and making it work on screen. for the most part.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

oh same. but D&D are best went adapting something and making it work on screen. for the most part.

I wonder if that is less "great adapters" and more "competent when working from good writing." I think it's pretty clear from how GoT turned out post-adaptation split that these guys don't think very hard about characters and their motivations. Maybe they'll be better outside of the politics of kingdoms, but I dunno. I don't have a ton of confidence in them.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Prediction: Star Wars IX comes out, and it's just a 30-second trailer for an in-development sequel to Star Wars Episode 1 Racer. Despite this, it still shatters all box office records

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

Prediction: Star Wars IX comes out, and it's just a 30-second trailer for an in-development sequel to Star Wars Episode 1 Racer. Despite this, it still shatters all box office records

I'll accept this only if I have to use two Nintendo 64 controllers to get the full experience.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm probably not gonna watch the next star wars movie nor any of the other spin off content because I honestly just don't care about the series anymore

I hope they just do whatever they want though for it because there literally is no way to make it without it making some group of insufferable nerds super angry

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1162187409909354497

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Isn't she a bit old to be picked up by the Subway guy?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sandwich pickup artist

I’m surprised there even are still pickup artists. I figured they were all just nazis and mass shooters by now. Did he have a fuzzy striped top hat?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Isn't she a bit old to be picked up by the Subway guy?

:drat:

Also a thick slab of meat sweat and BO tried to hit on her at BronyCon while waiting for a pizza order. So this is becoming a trend for her :stare:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Perfect time for “sir this is the Wendy’s drive through,” then duck out while they’re distracted.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I believe Jenny was also the unlucky soul who got to find out that the cashiers at some Disney or Star Wars-con (I think) got to see every VIP attendant's email address when they checked out. She found out when the cashier who unsuccessfully hit on her sent her an email later that night.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/1162157470908895232?s=20

Very cool!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TheMaestroso posted:

I wonder if that is less "great adapters" and more "competent when working from good writing." I think it's pretty clear from how GoT turned out post-adaptation split that these guys don't think very hard about characters and their motivations. Maybe they'll be better outside of the politics of kingdoms, but I dunno. I don't have a ton of confidence in them.

ehh. i have enough faith. if they gently caress up than they gently caress up. not much anyone can do.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ehh. i have enough faith. if they gently caress up than they gently caress up. not much anyone can do.

Also if they gently caress up Disney's generally not afraid to protect their brands by pulling the plug ASAP.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also if they gently caress up Disney's generally not afraid to protect their brands by pulling the plug ASAP.

Yeah, Kathleen Kennedy's not gun shy about booting directors and writers who screw the pooch, or are publicly perceived to have done some pooch screwing in the vicinity of Star Wars. D&D's big honking Netflix deal that they just signed might make it harder for her to fire them compared to smaller folks like Colin Treverrow, Josh Trank and Phil Lord/Chris Miller, because they're starting to accrue some serious inertia behind them in that they're now worth seemingly a lot of money to a lot of powerful people in Hollywood. Maybe she's waiting to see what the reaction will be to them winning an Emmy for the worst episode of television in the last 10 years or how people will react to their first post-GoT Netflix show, but I think we're just gonna have to get used to the fact that they're gonna keep failing upwards from here to infinity.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It doesn't help that the final version of Solo was a stinker and that Lord and Miller both contributed to Spiderverse, netting an Oscar which is impressive if you discount the fact that Green Book won Best Picture.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Inspector Gesicht posted:

It doesn't help that the final version of Solo was a stinker and that Lord and Miller both contributed to Spiderverse, netting an Oscar which is impressive if you discount the fact that Green Book won Best Picture.

Yeah, Lord and Miller's version of Solo probably would have been great, it was just too young and hip for Kennedy and the Disney brass so they spiked it and dragged Ron Howard out of his retirement home to try and "fix" it. Which resulted in a movie basically no one wanted to begin with being even less appealing after the meager shred of an identity it had was scrubbed clean.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_96bgvIDlM

It's amazing that so many years have gone by since Crash and nothing has changed.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1162351767100829696

Here's two great tastes I didn't know went together.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

MiddleOne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_96bgvIDlM

It's amazing that so many years have gone by since Crash and nothing has changed.
Demi is so pure

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sarcopenia posted:

Demi is so pure

Last night I realized we had like a month until September 21st and got excited

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Arist posted:

Last night I realized we had like a month until September 21st and got excited
Genuinely thank you for preemptively reminding me. Ironically last year I forgot until I saw it on twitter the 22nd. :(

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I know Boogie is a mess and drags out such scorching hot takes, but Angry Joe, what the gently caress are you doing making videos with this jackoff?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I believe Jenny was also the unlucky soul who got to find out that the cashiers at some Disney or Star Wars-con (I think) got to see every VIP attendant's email address when they checked out. She found out when the cashier who unsuccessfully hit on her sent her an email later that night.

It was the Star Wars Celebration this year. She's also dealt with stalkers and someone meticulously updating her Wikipedia page with creepily personal details about her life. (I saw her tweet thread covering all three go around a few weeks ago.)

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

I know Boogie is a mess and drags out such scorching hot takes, but Angry Joe, what the gently caress are you doing making videos with this jackoff?

Joe has never been the brightest bulb.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Harris bomb man will you help the furry murder transphobia

Maybe the Evo champ knows how to beat beaver bother

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is gigguk a decent anime video commentator or does he have some skeletons in his closet.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is gigguk a decent anime video commentator or does he have some skeletons in his closet.

He likes lolicon (pedobait) so he's trash.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

this too. if they gently caress up biggly. their asses are gone.

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, Kathleen Kennedy's not gun shy about booting directors and writers who screw the pooch, or are publicly perceived to have done some pooch screwing in the vicinity of Star Wars. D&D's big honking Netflix deal that they just signed might make it harder for her to fire them compared to smaller folks like Colin Treverrow, Josh Trank and Phil Lord/Chris Miller, because they're starting to accrue some serious inertia behind them in that they're now worth seemingly a lot of money to a lot of powerful people in Hollywood. Maybe she's waiting to see what the reaction will be to them winning an Emmy for the worst episode of television in the last 10 years or how people will react to their first post-GoT Netflix show, but I think we're just gonna have to get used to the fact that they're gonna keep failing upwards from here to infinity.

i mean, i can understand why they are worth a ton. they took a lesser known fantasy book series and turned into billions of revenue and a pretty well loved tv show. like yeah they hosed up big at the end, but up until than the series was still mostly loved, at least until season 7 and 8. so its not totally failing upwards. like i don't think they are super genius and i think they have giant clear as day flaws that they need to fix but lol.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 16, 2019

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

VanSandman posted:

I think clemps and sage at the only currently active anime youtubers free of that particular sin.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Terrible Opinions posted:

I think clemps and sage at the only currently active anime youtubers free of that particular sin.

Aw, even Mother's Basement? Unfortunate.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

He'll claim it's bad then recommend gratuitously pedophilic shows without warning, so yeah. Only Made in Abyss was blatant enough to demand comment.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Terrible Opinions posted:

What about the Pedantic Romantic? I haven’t heard anything bad about her. Unless she’s not active anymore.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

hopeandjoy posted:

What about the Pedantic Romantic? I haven’t heard anything bad about her. Unless she’s not active anymore.

I was thinking the same thing about Glass Reflection. Like I want to say if there was loli' content he'd at least warn you, but I haven't followed him in a long time.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Oh well there is someone I completely neglected to actually check. She may be fine.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I don't like pedantic romantic's animes and I want to give Zeria's recs a chance but haven't yet, but I'm mainly subbing them and planning to support them when I can just for being outspoken transwoman leftists.

Zeria's focus is squarely on Yuri and is doing a series on the material conditions in Japan that led to Yuri culture.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

VanSandman posted:

Lovely. The gently caress is wrong with people.

*Insert MiyazakiMistake.gif*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Also shonen Ronin exists but not sure what they are about.