Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer pal

its good

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

do any of you play mordhau? or um what is the game about fighting? liminal states 2?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

beer pal

you get dice and you have abilities that you put those dice in to attack or do things. maybe they only take even numbered dice or dice under 3 or something like that. and you pick up different abilities through the run and choose which ones you want to use. so you can put together a few abilities that work well together

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

vanisher

Heather Papps posted:

do any of you play mordhau? or um what is the game about fighting? liminal states 2?

I tried to play mordhau but its a bit complicated and the learning curve is steep

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

nut

beer pal posted:

you get dice and you have abilities that you put those dice in to attack or do things. maybe they only take even numbered dice or dice under 3 or something like that. and you pick up different abilities through the run and choose which ones you want to use. so you can put together a few abilities that work well together

ya im getting this

i wanted to play mordhau but i agree with vanisher it looks like it punishes the bad and would prob only b fun with a crew

vanisher

bee eater posted:

ya im getting this

i wanted to play mordhau but i agree with vanisher it looks like it punishes the bad and would prob only b fun with a crew

if there was a neat way to make a crew and/or play with only your rad crew i'd be down

nut

vanisher posted:

if there was a neat way to make a crew and/or play with only your rad crew i'd be down

i cud b ur crew

vanisher

BYOB Mordhau lute krew

Heather Papps

hello friend

if you played chiv you'll be fine, if you didn't, you'll be fine.
the game is specifically designed so that failure is usually very funny?
like in other games it's like gently caress i got outsmarted, in this game it's like, gently caress the seige tower fell and crushed us both. oh welp. reload.
the character creation system is ripe for jokes, i have a few joke loadouts that rarely get used, but if you wanted you could make like rush limbaugh with a moth as his symbol on his sheild

vanisher

not slashing my friends is a big issue for me as I flail wildly with a very basic understanding of the directional swing system

Heather Papps

hello friend

vanisher posted:

not slashing my friends is a big issue for me as I flail wildly with a very basic understanding of the directional swing system

there is a perk that removes half damage to teammates, also, uh like use thrusts. also 3rd person camera

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

aren't the creators of mordhau like...super bad though

nut

food court bailiff posted:

r u trying to trick me into reading a kotaku article

vanisher

this thing?

Heather Papps

hello friend

okay i wanted to say this for a while, but haven't had the right venue. i do not want women in mordhau as player model options. it is not cause womyn aren't historically accurate or strong i just want to play a fun game, and the sound of a womans death screams as i pummel her to death with rocks is not something i want. there immediately would be like, women beating servers where a bunch of bot women run around while you just kill them indiscriminately. every one is talking about racism and they are right htere, give us black skin or something, maybe asians for samurai, whatever, but keep the lady char models out, but like maybe allow modding so there can be like sheildmaiden servers or something i don't loving know

i just know i don't want my fantasy escapism swordfight game to involve me killing women but that is just me.

nut

vanisher u trick me

Rockman Reserve

i honestly don’t know, that seems super gross but i’m actually pretty sure I heard about it in pyf at some point??

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007746708/groups/
oops

vanisher

there's a massive byob group full of 2014 folks with no activity i'm a part of :dukedoge:

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

how do I get invited to this poo poo? Group chat might be better for organizing jackbox games then the thread

sig by owlhawk911

vanisher

pixaal posted:

how do I get invited to this poo poo? Group chat might be better for organizing jackbox games then the thread

you can request to join a group- in steam just search for heather prapps steam ID, then you'll see the group on their profile

nut

eyes emoji

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am trying but my little brother is here and we are having a beers and baking a red velvet cake.

Goons Are Gifts

You could also do a byob video game Discord server or something for stuff like that, in case we are too chill for the sea of madness that is steam groupchats

Although actually I want in there now too

Plus switch chat or rather switchat am I right

Scaly Haylie

gamecube mods, can anyone tell me about them?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Lizard Wizard posted:

gamecube mods, can anyone tell me about them?

what do you want to know? if you have a cube with component out you don't really need to do anything to it. like do you want games on memory not disk or do you just want it to have leds and flash whenever a pikmin dies.

nut

Heather Papps posted:

leds and flash whenever a pikmin dies.

i dont want 2 live in ur nightmare world

Heather Papps

hello friend

bee eater posted:

i dont want 2 live in ur nightmare world

it is a wavebird controller, but there are 3 leds. red, yellow, blue. whenever a pikmin dies, the corresponding light flashes and the onboard speakers in the controller play the death cries louder and louder AND LOUDER AND LOUDER

nut

Heather Papps posted:

it is a wavebird controller, but there are 3 leds. red, yellow, blue. whenever a pikmin dies, the corresponding light flashes and the onboard speakers in the controller play the death cries louder and louder AND LOUDER AND LOUDER

i want to get off the ride i just wanted to pick up a giant branded mountain dew bottle cap and take it to my home planet but now there is blood (haemolymph?) on my hands

Scaly Haylie

Heather Papps posted:

what do you want to know? if you have a cube with component out you don't really need to do anything to it. like do you want games on memory not disk or do you just want it to have leds and flash whenever a pikmin dies.

mostly games on memory but i'm wondering if i should just use dolphin tbh

Heather Papps

hello friend

Lizard Wizard posted:

mostly games on memory but i'm wondering if i should just use dolphin tbh

yes.
get a cube to usb dongle for play, use first party controllers, but yeah, dolphin is the way to go, or retroarch or whaetever emulator you like

Rockman Reserve

i have an anker battery thing with iq charging, should I turn that off yo use it with my switch y/n

Heather Papps

hello friend

i have an anker battery thing with iq charging, should I turn that off yo use it with my switch y/n

ankers are for boats so i don't know what you are talking about

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heather Papps posted:

i am trying but my little brother is here

cool

quote:

and we are having a beers

very cool

quote:

and baking a red velvet cake.

now that's what I'm talking about

nut

The Clowner posted:

Heather Papps

hello friend

The Clowner posted:

little dude was like, let's make a cake!
i have no eggs
the corner store will have eggs!
they most certainly will not. let's go.

5 min later
they do not have eggs.
yeah, i know. let's go to the grocery store.

30 mins later

oh baby this cake is moooooist
yes brother, the cake is moist. let us consume it, together.

Rockman Reserve

Heather Papps posted:

ankers are for boats so i don't know what you are talking about

boooo

seriously tho the switch owns but the fact it’s not actually really usb-c compliant stinks and makes me really paranoid about exploding it or something with my battery pack

Heather Papps

hello friend

i want one, but i stopped genoneing nintendo products after, i dunno. hmm.
when i stopped buying home consoles, i guess. i've bought the first version of every nintendo handheld since the gba. my phat ds was so ugly.

nut

i am playing fire emblem and really like it but, as successfully predicted by my frineds, i am mostly just having tea parties w all the characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

when is game night