Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

They should all be fired and marched out at three quarter time, September is too far away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

People who clap and cheer like trained seals at a mark and goal, apparently forgetting the poo poo play and turnovers immediately before, are like rewarding a dog for obeying the sit command after spending the last twenty minutes ignoring you and tearing up the cushions, they should be banned until they learn that they can force change through shouting and not spending money

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

This Adelaide team are one of the flakiest teams I can remember

Get within two goals of the Eagles away and then get smashed at home

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Thanks to Adelaide, Collingwood have enough percentage that they only need to beat Essendon now to force Richmond to have to beat both West Coast and Brisbane to take 4th. gently caress.

edit: well, there's the not impossible situation where they only beat West Coast but cover the 4 percent gap, and WC also lose to Hawthorn. Coll 3rd Rich 4th WC 5th.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 17, 2019

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

If I was a Crows fan I'd be furious at this poo poo

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

BrigadierSensible posted:

I don't care how good he is. I think his moustache is silly, thus I can never cheer for him.

unrelated edit: Who do the Hawks need to lose this week to keep their unrealistic hopes of stealing 8th place alive?

I think of Essendon, Adelaide, port and bulldogs we need two of them to keep losing. There’s a few scenarios where we make it but we have to beat west coast in Perth... not holding my breath.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Frankly, beating Gold Coast tomorrow is a tall enough order for this Hawthorn side.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Brown Paper Bag posted:

If I was a Crows fan I'd be furious at this poo poo

I am and I am

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
https://twitter.com/freodockers/status/1162534067075612672?s=21

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Poort

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hey Port, the 8 isn't settled yet and there's two teams playing tomorrow that can potentially leapfrog you.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Noice

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Thanks crows for being poo poo, sadly you weren't poo poo all year.

from reddit

quote:

Adelaide Exers 10.5 65

Charlie Cameron 5.2 Mitch McGovern 3.1 Jarryd Lyons 1.1 Patrick Dangerfield 1.1

Adelaide 6.12 48

Darcy Fogarty 3.0 Tom Lynch 1.0 Richard Douglas 1.0 Eddie Betts 1.0 Lachlan Murphy 0.2 Brodie Smith 0.1 Paul Seedsman 0.1 Taylor Walker 0.1 Reilly O'Brien 0.1 Matt Crouch 0.1 Luke Brown 0.1 Rory Sloane 0.1

noice

drunkill fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 17, 2019

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

If you were a lions fan you’d be super pumped at this season. I thought they were done for decades when they traded away some really good players like Yeo, but they’ve turned it around quite well.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Haha noice

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Lol port

Norfing it up

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Adelaide in the 8 if North keep this up.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Relegate south Australia

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Fremantle just killed an umpire

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

snoremac posted:

Adelaide in the 8 if North keep this up.
Hahaha a rushed behind in the dying seconds managed this.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I can't believe we moved up into the 8 after that disgraceful performance today, hahaha.

I like how the AFL website has "ADELAIDE'S FINALS HOPES IN TATTERS" right next to the ladder with us there in the 8 with a green arrow next to our name.

Seriously though, the Crows were absolutely awful today. I could barely watch the second half.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snoremac posted:

Hahaha a rushed behind in the dying seconds managed this.

It's crazy how close their percentage is is! The Crows have scored 7 fewer points, and conceded 7 fewer points than Port over the course of the season.

102.99% vs 102.98%

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

It's crazy how close their percentage is is! The Crows have scored 7 fewer points, and conceded 7 fewer points than Port over the course of the season.

102.99% vs 102.98%

A Tale of Two Shite Teams

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hawks are probably going to be in the 8 at the end of the weekend

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Looks like we've booked ourselves in for a September dicking

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

cmndstab posted:

102.99% vs 102.98%

And if they tie percentages for 8th place it all comes down to who hit the most boundaries during the season!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Chairchucker posted:

Hawks are probably going to be in the 8 at the end of the weekend

Yeah, but I looked and because Adelaide play the Bulldogs next week. Both teams Hawthorn need to lose to make the finals.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Watching Sandilands and Ballantyne being interviewed post game is like something biblical - David and Goliath. But its not the only biblical poo poo that went down tonight, Sandilands vs Clarke was like Cain and Unable

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Bulldogs can make 48 points if they win against GWS and Adelaide), none of the other three teams still in contention. Even if they don't win tomorrow they can still make good in that last game with Adelaide and get in on percentage. If they win tomorrow, Hawthorn are gone (for real this time).

Port are next best placed, they host Freo so while they'd dependent on the Crows doing the right thing by them, they have the easier game.

Hawthorn need to win both their games, tomorrow they probably could tee off against the Suns (or otherwise gently caress up completely which could happen), but as for that last game against West Coast, well, West Coast should win. We've had a weird season and probably shouldn't be playing finals anyway.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

An Adelaide-Bulldogs draw next week is the best hope for Hawthorn to make the finals.

Assuming of course that they have a big percentage booster this week AND beat the reigning premiers, (who are in good form), in Perth next week.

Easy as piss.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/scottkeirl/status/1162620137951727616

:3:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

BrigadierSensible posted:

Yeah, but I looked and because Adelaide play the Bulldogs next week. Both teams Hawthorn need to lose to make the finals.

I don’t think we will make it, but if the bulldogs lose this week and we keep winning then it is down to percentage not the Adelaide/dogs game

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

loving lol

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/outersanctum01/status/1162875894228119558?s=19

It has now been edited, but really?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

lol what

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Discussions of father/son selections have always at best two beers away from full blown eugenics

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Agreed, the father/son rule sucks and should be scrapped.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Chairchucker posted:

Agreed, the father/son rule sucks and should be scrapped.

Erin Phillips now has 2 boys and a girl, just fyi

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Also the way it is framed as "helping to secure the future of the club". I guess Gold Coast will be OK, once all their players start loving and having sons. That's what the club needs.

On a similar note: They have made a Father-Daughter rule to keep up with the Father-Son rule. Have they made a Mother-Daughter/Mother-Son rule yet? I know it won't be applicable for at least 15-20 years, but who isn't looking forward to seeing Erin Phillips's, and Daisy Pearce's kids running around against each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
all players must cryogenically freeze their seed so new franchise players can be thawed out at 20 year intervals. For the long term future of the club.