Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Tagichatn posted:

The lootbox conspiracy is that Fatshark intended for lootboxes to be paid for rather than an end of level bonus even though there's no evidence for this except that the lootboxes have a long animation or something. Lune posts about it every so often. In fact you said this:

and I'm curious where you saw that because I've only ever seen the devs say that there's no plans for paid lootboxes in VT2 in the interviews I've read.

what the gently caress are you talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

quote:

And you'd point out, regardless, V2 generally has a higher player count. And that's what I want to get at, too, just sort of as an "overall" retrospect. TBH, I could see Vermintide 2 having been a much, much more different game if not for EA's infernal cockup with Battlefront 2 loot boxes. Vermintide 2 is designed as a 'live service' model, and the loot boxes and the unnecessary wait times at the end of games all support the idea.

inb4 WELL ANYONE WITH A BRAIN CAN SEE THAT'S TRUE, like what literally just happened two pages ago

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
and also before you try to get a burn on me for remembering you saying poo poo, dumb stuff tends to stick in the mind. don't get ahead of yourselves, remembering whatever moron thing you idiots say doesn't take a lot of effort considering it's all over this lovely loving thread

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Lunethex posted:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
lol

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

So I was kinda excited to maybe get in on some champion games with goons at some point since I've dug this game for the four days or so I've had it but yikes

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Arghy posted:

Deep rock galactic the digging game with dwarves, it's super forgiving and is meant to be a very chill game you enjoy. Even the higher difficulties that get really challenging still reward you pretty well if you fail.

You know as soon as I asked and then came back later I figured it out.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
goonintide's gone and hosed off to their space dwarf game or whatever, they'll be sure to remind you every other page. maybe pm or start a new discord for those left here who arent so hosed in the head

or play with some pubbies, i dunno

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

toasterwarrior posted:

goonintide's gone and hosed off to their space dwarf game or whatever, they'll be sure to remind you every other page. maybe pm or start a new discord for those left here who arent so hosed in the head

or play with some pubbies, i dunno

Calm your titties dawri.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
oh come on, pubbies arent that bad...usually

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Psycho Landlord posted:

So I was kinda excited to maybe get in on some champion games with goons at some point since I've dug this game for the four days or so I've had it but yikes

Maybe tonight is not the best night but I would be happy to play games with you my dude. I'm in the discord, but if you want to play either say something here so I can add you on steam or PM me.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

toasterwarrior posted:

oh come on, pubbies arent that bad...usually

Yes they are. Yes they are. Even goons are bad, I know this because I am the bad one.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'm down to be Real Bad sometime, this is one of those games where I seem to get worse the more I play.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Mendrian posted:

I'm down to be Real Bad sometime, this is one of those games where I seem to get worse the more I play.

Only seems that way if you're pubbing, I guarantee it.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Willie Tomg posted:

If you need to get buzzed as a prerequisite to find something interesting, you're actually bored.

who said need? it's about fun you idiot not about testing yourself

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Up Circle posted:

who said need? it's about fun you idiot not about testing yourself

Just kill rats.

Theotus fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Aug 17, 2019

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So.

Think I'll do the 'Complete 2 missions as Kruber' Daily which is the only time I play him.

Load into Veteran as he's only 10 and as I say, I very rarely play him.

Don't notice the games swapped out my character (which i know can happen) until I realise I'm actually fighting with Sienna's Crowbill.

I have been killing rats with it for at least two minutes before this point.

Then, don't realise I'm actually playing the vanilla wizard, and not unchained until literally i'm seconds from the exit portal.

After I've spent most of the match thinking 'Wow, Sienna's feeling really untanky for some reason'.

I am very smart. :colbert:

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
What the gently caress is going on with the finale of dark omen HOLY poo poo

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

terrorist ambulance posted:

What the gently caress is going on with the finale of dark omen HOLY poo poo

Yeah it gets gnarly. Fun mission.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i probably should've looked this up beforehand, but in case anyone else is a dummo like me:

everyone in your party needs to own the Winds of Magic DLC to play a weave; unlike every other non-weapon non-cosmetic piece of content in the series

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

dmboogie posted:

i probably should've looked this up beforehand, but in case anyone else is a dummo like me:

everyone in your party needs to own the Winds of Magic DLC to play a weave; unlike every other non-weapon non-cosmetic piece of content in the series

I am really hoping they figure out a way to integrate Weaves into the actual game instead of having it be separate. I actually really like the progression system, allows you to customize your weapons and characters in a cool way. The fact that it is it's own thing kind of takes away any desire to play it though.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Meridian posted:

I am really hoping they figure out a way to integrate Weaves into the actual game instead of having it be separate. I actually really like the progression system, allows you to customize your weapons and characters in a cool way. The fact that it is it's own thing kind of takes away any desire to play it though.

Yeah I feel like at a certain point you should be able to import your items into the main game. Having it be a sideways means of unlocking a custom red item would be neat.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
i imagine at a certain point you'll be able to get the skins, because iirc the expack weapons have different models in the weave and i dont see a way to get them in normal missions

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Lunethex posted:

Lune also lied to me and my son that's why i had to tell lune that he should never talk to me or my son again.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Mendrian posted:

Yeah I feel like at a certain point you should be able to import your items into the main game. Having it be a sideways means of unlocking a custom red item would be neat.

Chests should be replaced with the Weave system. Using earned resources to specifically target certain items and modifiers is a dope idea! Weaves should reward a solid amount of essence. Normal maps should be boxes with different essence amounts and chances at cosmetics. Remove the chest progression system and tune the Weave system. Lots of work would need to go into how match making works, but I think the Weave progression system is way better than optimizing how you open boxes of random poo poo. Though how previous progression would transfer, I have no idea.

How they didn't arrive at a similar idea and instead did the whole "game within a game" thing, I have no idea.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
it's the previous progression thing that'll trip you up, maybe it'll be the subject of a major revamp or the new system in vt3 entirely

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Don't go down the rabbit hole of what they should have done and what they can do. It takes them months to fix simple bugs, any large additions to the game is impossible now. Everything you're seeing is basically stuff that was being worked on and planned during the beta phase. They have some insane logic for programming and when they actually take the time to explain it you'll just be baffled.

It's a goddamn shame because they honestly should have just kept VT1 with new careers, enemies, and maps. I remember someone explaining they tried to get the same engine but couldn't for some reason so this is why you have these amazing ideas just out of reach. We can forever dream of the game VT2 should have become but it will just drive you into bitterness once you realize the decisions that were made and why they were made.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Arghy posted:

Don't go down the rabbit hole of what they should have done and what they can do. It takes them months to fix simple bugs, any large additions to the game is impossible now. Everything you're seeing is basically stuff that was being worked on and planned during the beta phase. They have some insane logic for programming and when they actually take the time to explain it you'll just be baffled.

It's a goddamn shame because they honestly should have just kept VT1 with new careers, enemies, and maps. I remember someone explaining they tried to get the same engine but couldn't for some reason so this is why you have these amazing ideas just out of reach. We can forever dream of the game VT2 should have become but it will just drive you into bitterness once you realize the decisions that were made and why they were made.

I mean I'm not so concerned about how much better things COULD be. It's fine for what it is. Any game I care about I can see ways to improve, just a few thoughts I had.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

there's a pretty great bug right now where bardin's throwing axes are being counted as objects that can fit into barrel slots.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/crtbm1/throwing_axes_proc_barrel_locations_thanks_to/

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
or you can just have fun killing the rats

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Up Circle posted:

or you can just have fun killing the rats

That's my thought too. Twisting yourself into knots about missed potential or how mad you are about a certain thing, but still play the game anyway...I don't get it. If you're in the mood to kill rats, kill rats. If you aren't, that's cool. Getting mad though? Why? There are so many other things you can do instead of playing a game that makes you mad.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
hey thats not canon, you cant have a master rune of flight and a master rune of explosions on the same weapon

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
One mutator I wish we could have is to select a single faction to play against (except for faction specific maps/areas). Beastmen would have problems though, given they seem to lack alot of specials and an additional boss.

Still, having that oldschool us vs Skaven feeling would be nice. The Stormfiend is probably my favourite boss, too.

Haven't played in a while, but I like what they did with Kerillian's Greatsword. Feels good to use.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Aug 18, 2019

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Meridian posted:

That's my thought too. Twisting yourself into knots about missed potential or how mad you are about a certain thing, but still play the game anyway...I don't get it. If you're in the mood to kill rats, kill rats. If you aren't, that's cool. Getting mad though? Why? There are so many other things you can do instead of playing a game that makes you mad.

Enjoying a game enough to log several hundred hours and rubbing up against the ways in which it could be a whole lot better is a perfectly legitimate thing to get frustrated about, though, and if you're going to post about it anywhere you'll post about it here, in the thread for the game, which is supposed to cover all discussions of the game both positive and negative. Like, this isn't difficult. "I enjoy killing rattes" and "This is why Legend sucks" aren't mutually exclusives posts in the VT2 thread, and the Nth "Game good" post is just as tedious or not as the Nth "Game bad" post is or isn't.

But more generally "Why play a game that makes you mad" ignores the fact that for someone to even play a game several hundred hours in the first place means there was plenty they enjoyed about it. I'd even imagine that the fact that they played it for that long while enjoying is probably the reason they're so mad right now, after they turned on it.

I mean by the same token if you really don't enjoy Arghy's posts to the point of "I just don't get it"ing him every other time maybe just follow your own advice and put him on ignore?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
However, if you play a game that you can't stop posting about how you hate for several hundred hours, you may have issues. There's also the fact that, let's be honest, the uptenth screed or call out blog that says exactly the same thing as the ten before it kind of gets tiring.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

It's not like this games terribleness has been stagnant though, there's fresh outrages all the time like when they brought up there was always a damage bonus on staggered enemies since release. You know a feature to encourage team tactics that no one knew about or could discover while playing the game.

I find it funny when people criticize me when they admit to never playing legend and have less hours in the game haha, well of course you don't see the same problems. It's like someone only playing single player trying to weigh in on MP gripes.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Telling someone your opinion is better than theirs because you hate-played a game longer than they enjoyed it is a good self-own.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
i played a couple of legend games, can i join the big boi club now

i also won them, do i get ice cream

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Bounty hunter with a billhook is pretty strong

Is axe & falchion any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

terrorist ambulance posted:

Bounty hunter with a billhook is pretty strong

Is axe & falchion any good?

It is extremely good. Zealot with axe and falchion is probably my favorite class right now.