Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Barbituates in tea sounds like something Tom would do.

Also lol if your first Brian Bolland thought is Killing Joke and not Judge Dredd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving amazing, they have a psychic battle and a rock falls on the evil genius and the Doctor knocks back a mug full of barbiturates :allears:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

loving amazing, they have a psychic battle and a rock falls on the evil genius and the Doctor knocks back a mug full of barbiturates :allears:

Romana could have saved herself if only she could have reached her time wand.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

As he is wont to do

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Fil5000 posted:

The Airzone Solution is something of a running gag for me, so I'd be remiss if I didn't spot it.

Also it's on Prime Video now.

The AirZone Solution?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

TinTower posted:

The AirZone Solution?

Colin, Syl, Davison, Pertwee, and Nicola Bryant in “an environmental thriller for the 90’s” written by Nick Briggs.

I’ve never actually worked up the courage to watch it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Davison's and C. Baker's characters share a psychic link in that movie for no reason other than "they both played the Doctor".

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

marktheando posted:

Barbituates in tea sounds like something Tom would do.

Also lol if your first Brian Bolland thought is Killing Joke and not Judge Dredd.

I just watched the 2000 AD documentary last night, and it was great watching an older Brian Bolland talking about how he still checks in with the 2000 AD staff now and then to see if they want a cover from him or anything; he even said something to the effect of "I should check and see if they want me to do another story, it's been a while since my last one..." :allears:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Colin, Syl, Davison, Pertwee, and Nicola Bryant in “an environmental thriller for the 90’s” written by Nick Briggs.

I’ve never actually worked up the courage to watch it.

I'm aware of what it is. :colbert:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
A friend suggested watching a 1973 horror anthology called The Vault of Horror and look who randomly showed up:

I gotta say, the only way to improve Tom’s run would have been a giant curly 70’s beard.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
A Tom Baker-directer horror short would just be about a pub that doesn't serve alcohol, wouldn't it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love that his giant, full-grown beard looks exactly like a cheap fake beard he is wearing for a joke. :allears:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Not pictured: "THIS IS A FAKE" on the canvas of that painting...

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

TinTower posted:

I'm aware of what it is. :colbert:

Penelope Wilton's in it too?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/megsponchoboys/status/1162804499955822592?s=20

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

[Internal Screaming]

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
In other alum news, Matt Smith is photographer Robert Mapplethorpe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-BPlpvQ0Q

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Capaldi returning as a Silent confirmed.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

The Doctor's journey to becoming the Curator at long last?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Didn't he film that four or five years ago?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You either die The Doctor or live long enough to see yourself become Dastari

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Another night, another Doctor showing up in an Amicus horror anthology.

This time it's Pertwee in a segment of The House that Dripped Blood called "The Cloak" (of course), in which he buys an old cloak that turns him into a vampire (naturally). It's the first Pertwee thing I've seen in a long while, maybe it's time to finally dig into Inferno or The Daemons.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
That just makes me wonder about the alternate universe where Pertwee played Doctor Strange.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Big Finish is doing a 12th doctor box set; no Capaldi yet, still Jacob Dudman doing an impression.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

jivjov posted:

Big Finish is doing a 12th doctor box set; no Capaldi yet, still Jacob Dudman doing an impression.
Considering nobody has ever, ever been "too busy" to do some voice acting, I'm starting to think the rumors that Capaldi's exist was rushed have some weight to them.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FreezingInferno posted:

That just makes me wonder about the alternate universe where Pertwee played Doctor Strange.

Well he wanted to, but Vincent Price beat him to it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

LividLiquid posted:

Considering nobody has ever, ever been "too busy" to do some voice acting, I'm starting to think the rumors that Capaldi's exist was rushed have some weight to them.

I doubt he's too busy; I just think he's taking some time away from the role. Matt Smith hasn't done any BF work yet either.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

jivjov posted:

I doubt he's too busy; I just think he's taking some time away from the role. Matt Smith hasn't done any BF work yet either.

Yeah, 12’s body isn’t even cold yet. Well, it WOULDN’T be....you know what I mean.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Capaldi's been seen exiting his tent in front of the Big Finish studios, but it turns out he just needed more canned beans

False alarm, everyone, back to your posts

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Write a Benny and the Unbound Doctor adventure!

(actually don’t, I’m entering and don’t need even more competition :argh:)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm gonna put in an entry about Benny investigating a series of contests all won by the same person who is removing their competition from time to guarantee their success! :argh:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

This is neat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtM_vcCoKYc&t=15s

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

I love video editing.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I’m glad they had Jodie show up, given the novelisation of DotD establishes that there were more than thirteen Doctors in that scene.

The Jodie cameos in the novelisations are the best. :allears:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've seen a lot of fan-made versions of this scene, but holey cheese, this one tops all of them.

Though I definitely miss Eleven's theme and "No, Sir. All THIRTEEN!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Vinylshadow posted:

Not even a minute with another Doctor and he's already done with their crap

"What are you going to do, assemble a cabinet at them?"

In retrospect, Hurt had some serious One vibes going on. He managed to combine grumpy authority with playfulness, and I'm sad One in the Capaldi special didn't get there :(

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Chokes McGee posted:

In retrospect, Hurt had some serious One vibes going on. He managed to combine grumpy authority with playfulness, and I'm sad One in the Capaldi special didn't get there :(

The misogyny and sexism was a bit much

Was One's era really that bad?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vinylshadow posted:

The misogyny and sexism was a bit much

Was One's era really that bad?

No.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Didn't think so

Museum in Space, The Daleks, Unearthly Child, Dalek Invasion of Earth and War Machine were quite good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

I watched the Five Doctors a while back and it occurred to me that Moffat's take on One seemed to draw more on Richard Hurndall's version rather than Hartnell. It was Hurndall who told Tegan to go make him tea.