Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am in no particular rush, take your time cpig, enjoy a nice sandwich or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am in no particular rush, take your time cpig, enjoy a nice sandwich or something
Ignore this guy.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Closing thread to send role pms so people don't come in here blurting stuff they aren't supposed to out which will be explained in the day 1 start post.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It is a quiet night at the local Retro game store and a delivery has just been made of some classic video games.

After closing Greg stays behind to scan in the new inventory, but before it can hit the shelves, there is a temporal storm caused by some of the games becoming sentient.

The sentient games have mixed up all the games and mashed them together into new games that never existed.

Can you stop the evil timeshifting paradox creating video games or will they bring about the end of the world by summoning forth the sinister overlord of games Nega-Miyamoto?

So here is the central premise.

All 3 of your games have been randomly mashed together and reassigned to different people regardless of duplicate games.

You may have gotten one or more of your games as part of your particular mashup or you may not have.

You are each assigned a color and a home shelf.

I recommend not sharing these as they are linked with some player's win conditions.

Day 1 no one is on a shelf yet, when night 1 starts tell me the shelf you would like to reside on that night and you will go into a special night chat for everyone on that shelf that night.

Be careful though, the entire history of each shelf is being recorded and will be available for other games going to that shelf on future nights.

You will choose a different shelf each night or stay put if you like.

You will not get any specific bonuses for being on your home shelf, it is specifically only just a part of some player's win conditions.

The same goes for color, it will have no real bearing on anything other than some player's win conditions.

I still recommend keeping these things secret though.

This is gonna be a wild one folks, strap in.

It is now day 1.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (25): 50 pounds of bread, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Byers2142, CCKeane, Dick Bastardly, GenericGirlName, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Jen X, King Burgundy, merk, Mikujin, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, Natural 20, Quidthulhu, redneck nazgul, SalTheBard, SolusLunes, spacing in vienna, Toalpaz, Tommunist, yuming

With 25 alive, it's 13 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 22nd, 2019 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
my role loving owns

##look

I sure hope the lack of specific targeting was intentional~

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Let's do this!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
ModQuestion: Can we get a list of shelves/colors that are possible?

Also, confirmed.

Also, also, sorry to whomever got my three terrible, terrible games.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jen X posted:

my role loving owns

##look

I sure hope the lack of specific targeting was intentional~

You are in a game store. Greg is here doing inventory. There are four shelves and several boxes here. You see an inventory gun on the floor and a bag of candy.

There are exits to the North, South, East, and Dennis.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I am unreasonably excited for this.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

ModQuestion: Can we get a list of shelves/colors that are possible?

No for color

Shelves are 1-4

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

You are in a game store. Greg is here doing inventory. There are four shelves and several boxes here. You see an inventory gun on the floor and a bag of candy.

There are exits to the North, South, East, and Dennis.

##get gun

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

This not your game. I feel lenient so I will not modkill you for faking day actions.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Mafia edit: That isn't a fake day action, I'm testing if that is possible.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I was gonna do that but didn’t want to be modkilled for submitting fake actions :blush:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lmao wtf

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

Mafia edit: That isn't a fake day action, I'm testing if that is possible.

hence the lenient

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jen, you should test the Dennis exit.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shelf 4 crewwww

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

I was gonna do that but didn’t want to be modkilled for submitting fake actions :blush:

It was worth a shot! So someone should puck up that gun if they can, then price someone as worthless.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Hi everyone

##vote binus

I have a good feeling about this vote

also ##examine gun

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Steak posted:

shelf 4 crewwww

CapitalistPig posted:

I recommend not sharing these as they are linked with some player's win conditions.

I still recommend keeping these things secret though.

lol (this is not saying that Mr. Steak actually is shelf 4 I just thought it was funny)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

People don't read, CPig, you know this.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Jen X posted:

Hi everyone

##vote binus

I have a good feeling about this vote

also ##examine gun

Why binus?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Byers2142 posted:

Why binus?

because binus

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I have seen into the future and found scum ##vote byers

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I remove my wizard hat and robe and store them carefully among my possessions.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jen X posted:

##examine gun

This is a standard issue Globotron LLC Inventory scanning gun MK 2. It has been programmed for use with the inventory in this store and automatically catalogs the games scanned with it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CapitalistPig posted:

lol (this is not saying that Mr. Steak actually is shelf 4 I just thought it was funny)

Kill the mod for editing his posts, IMO

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
lol well ##vote binus

that's a great role Jen

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

I have seen into the future and found scum ##vote byers

You need temopral glasses.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Jen X posted:

because binus

That doesn't answer the question; is there something about binus I don't know?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
If anyone would like me to set a confessional up for them in the discord room please DM me on discord or pm me here.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good Evening!

I think Byers is town.

##vote Toalpaz

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jen X posted:

because binus

i agree with this ##vote binus

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I said I was going to policy lynch him if he was town last game and he was. We just can't afford to have binus alive end of today.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

yuming posted:

Good Evening!

I think Byers is town.

##vote Toalpaz

Hi, yuming! Same question, why Toalpaz?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I said I was going to policy lynch him if he was town last game and he was. We just can't afford to have binus alive end of today.

Why? Serious question, I've been out of the game for awhile, what don't I know about binus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Toalpaz posted:

Today is a new day, today is a new game.

I am watching little sparrows eat dinner. Also now I have two pet conures, Korben Dallas and Ketchup. Ketchup can say KETCHUP KETCHUP.

What is new with you guys?