Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

Thingyman posted:

world's worst wheel of fortune player: i'd like to buy an umlaut, alex

Next turn:
I'd like to buy an æsc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

A sweaty, abridged dictionary. Some pages missing.

alnilam

canyoneer posted:

Next turn:
I'd like to buy an æsc

give me the cool S

ty manifisto

Escape From Noise

I'd like to buy a bowel, please!

nut

alnilam posted:

give me the cool S

Heather Papps

hello friend

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Uh. That squiggly one. You know it looks like this!
*Traces the shape in the air in front of me with mt finger*

an interrobang! for 1000 thousand!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Escape From Noise

"The...cool S?," Alex says, a look of confusion fluttering across his face.

This is it. The moment you have been waiting for your entire life. You whip the pad of paper and pen you always carry in your back pocket, wordlessly you draw three vertical lines at the top of the page, then three more below them. You show this to Alex. Inwardly you smile. You are about to absolutely rock his, and a portion of the daytime television viewing audience's world.

Heather Papps

hello friend

"this man delivers video game secrets from the far off land of japan"

bing bong

"alec, who is my friend from schools uncle?"

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

give me the cool S

"cool s?" says honey best to her husband lucius. "baby, I need the cool d"

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

Manifisto posted:

"cool s?" says honey best to her husband lucius. "baby, I need the cool d"

alnilam

This is it. The moment you have been waiting for your entire life. You whip the pad of paper and pen you always carry in your back pocket, wordlessly you draw three vertical lines at the top of the page, then three more below them. You show this to Alex. Inwardly you smile. You are about to absolutely rock his, and a portion of the daytime television viewing audience's world.

ty manifisto

google THIS

Alex: That's great and all but you know this is Jeopardy, right?

Heather Papps

hello friend

google THIS posted:

alec.... what is... yes.

Escape From Noise

Damnit! Now I'll NEVER make it into Who Wants To Be a Millionaire after they see this post!

Heather Papps

hello friend

now i want to go on jeopardy, look alec trebek in the eyes and call him pat sajak the whole time.

bird.

okay stay with me, making a function called updog that's got a labyrinth of references that snake thru multiple files until it actually calls the performative code and then just using that function everywhere in your open source collab

FreshCutFries

google THIS posted:

*Quietly adds a question mark after the cool s*

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

The only cool S I need:

courtesy of blaise rascal in byob: the font: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860124

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

google THIS

BrownianMotion posted:

okay stay with me, making a function called updog that's got a labyrinth of references that snake thru multiple files until it actually calls the performative code and then just using that function everywhere in your open source collab

Nothin', what's updog's callstack with you?

nut

Jolo posted:

The only cool S I need:

courtesy of blaise rascal in byob: the font: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860124

:eyepop:

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

now i want to go on jeopardy, look alec trebek in the eyes and call him pat sajak the whole time.

I'll take "Papps Smeared" for $1000 P-uh-Alex!

The answer is: I cut this off and shoved it down the toilet in my yacht.

What is "the head"?

Heather Papps

hello friend

his name is alec stop this

nut

imposter syndrome

me: i dunno what to tell you doc, i try to reread them over once or twice to make sure im getting a giggle out of them before hitting submit

my therapist: and that's exactly why I am here--over the course of the next months we're going to help you come to terms with the fact that you are a bad poster.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

impoyster syndrome:

me: doc, I know you've said that I need to focus more on myself but sometimes it feels so shellfish of me

doc: well, you are a small oyster

me: quack quack (or whatever sound oysters make)

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

alnilam

me: doc, I can't stop climbing on top of my friend's shoulders and draping a long trenchcoat over both of us and wearing a wig in order to do important grown-up things

doc: i'm afraid you ahve impostor syndrome. i can treat you for it of course, you'll just have to pay for this session. do you have a credit card

me: ah yes of course, one moment *pulls out credit card and hands it over*

doc: very good, one mome....sayyy this just says "Mister Adult" on it! *pulls fake beard off of my face*

me: drat he's good

ty manifisto

alnilam

alnilam posted:

me: doc, I can't stop climbing on top of my friend's shoulders and draping a long trenchcoat over both of us and wearing a wig in order to do important grown-up things

doc: i'm afraid you ahve impostor syndrome. i can treat you for it of course, you'll just have to pay for this session. do you have a credit card

me: ah yes of course, one moment *pulls out credit card and hands it over*

doc: very good, one mome....sayyy this just says "Mister Adult" on it! *pulls fake beard off of my face*

me: drat he's good

i feel like this approach to the joke could use some workshopping but i hope people get where i was going wihth it

ty manifisto

nut

Jolo posted:

impoyster syndrome:

me: doc, I know you've said that I need to focus more on myself but sometimes it feels so shellfish of me

doc: well, you are a small oyster

me: quack quack (or whatever sound oysters make)

nut

me rushing into the room: doc, sorry to burst in, I just had to see you, I've been up all night researching and I have reason to believe I have imposter syndrome in the second person

my mom waking up: go back to bed

nut

the therapist talking to my hot and strong wife: it's not great--he's presenting with the textbook symptoms of a deep-seated prosecution complex

me: Objection, your honour! I believe the plaintiff is referring to a persecution complex.

therapist: no...no I am not.

Heather Papps

hello friend

wait am i supposed to like, workshop my threads because i refuse.

alnilam

Heather Papps posted:

ba da ba ba baaaaaaa
i want to die!

so you like, hum the mcdolands theme but then you replace
i'm lovin it
with a similar amount of syllables.

bee eater posted:

ba da ba ba baaaaa
a big mac please

Macnult posted:

megathread discussing the legality of throwing pork products at police officers and addressing the differences between state-specific and federal offenses for each product

Macnult posted:

a wet dreams thread where posters think you’r e going to be talking about sex before they click on the thread but actually it’s just dreams that involve a wet environment such as a water slide or an ocean and the entire purpose of the thread is to increase forum traffic without actually talking about sex

Macnult posted:

jokes that are okay but you want someone else to post the thread for you and you might contribute yourself or at the very least throw in an empty quote or two

Macnult posted:

haha just had a pretty good idea for a thread it’s about pooping while at the office lol can you imagine

bee eater posted:

a thread called offshore accounts and everybody posts like they are in the ocean/sea like they say blub blub or thank god i have my water wings or maybe hey look a fish

Macnult posted:

flirting but with esoteric video game terms

Macnult posted:

flirting but with a computer
romancing a computer

gon fcuk the computer

Macnult posted:

italian/french impressions thread that’s locked just before page two

ty manifisto

Macnult

thanks for thinking my bad jokes were good, alnilam

alnilam

it's a paradox the jokes were made in the context of being bad jokes but they became good jokes because they were good at being bad jokes in a comedic way

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

alnilam posted:

it's a paradox the jokes were made in the context of being bad jokes but they became good jokes because they were good at being bad jokes in a comedic way

i am sorry don't ban me please

Manifisto

me: doc, I think I'm going nuts. I have these recurring dreams that I am a bunch of olives, cheeses, and some cured meats.

doc: my god, this is serious. you have sorry sorry it was a b/dad joke but I couldn't help myself.

ty nesamdoom!

Macnult

doc: hate to tell you this, but it looks like you don’t have much time left

me: wait what?? doctor this isn’t right i thought things were going fine all i h-

doc: not much time left till your cold is gone! [goes in for a high five while i’m still petrified from shock]

nut

me: so doc what's the diagnosis? the flu?

doc: a cold

me: ah okay hm, shingles?

Heather Papps

hello friend

what do you call a duck with a time machine? a time pair a ducks?

what did one fat ghost say to the other? i'd love to be a small but i'd be happy to fit into a medium!

alnilam

bee eater posted:

me: so doc what's the diagnosis? the flu?

doc: a cold

me: ah okay hm, shingles?

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

here is an op i was making (but when i find myself putting too much effort into a post i know it will not b a good thread so here is just hte post)

in this joke bob vila helps you fix up ur posts with modernity and mature experience know-how isn't htat right bob (it's right). On today's show we're going to unveil a recent bee eater post renovation we've been working on in secret for the past 10-20 min. The first, the post in question:

yeesh what a mess! Out of touch and encouraging bad habits (vibing), now let me show you what i managed 2 whip up: