Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Brawnfire posted:

"Odo, do you have to potty?"

"No."

"Look away from Peppa Pig for a second, Odo. You're doing your poopy dance, should we sit on the toilet?"

"Don' WANNA sit on the potty"

I heard this in an extremely odo voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I don't know why I can't find that GIF of Sisko yelling at the viewscreen, but picture that with him yelling at a toddler to use the potty

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Constable, poo poo that thing out!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doggles posted:

Constable, poo poo that thing out!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I am saddened that Odo didn't just 'The Blob' Quark, ever.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

hey so, I was browsing my local library's website for a few books and uh

As a librarian I don't understand what I'm looking at here that's weird?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Insane Totoro posted:

For some bizarre reason I was under the impression that it wasn't out on DVD/BR yet. I was curious to see if the DS9 Companion might be in the library system, but I noticed this and was very confused. Disregard!

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 23, 2019

Allen_Aldo
Jul 8, 2013

Insane Totoro posted:

As an also librarian I can tell you that this is what the ILS (this is the library equivalent of LCARS or something) known as Polaris looks like; our consortium in north suburban Chicago has it, and local availability means at your library vs at another sort of nearby library that you can also get it from.
We switch over to it in January and our patrons/users kinda hate it for the most part.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Allen_Aldo posted:

As an also librarian I can tell you that this is what the ILS (this is the library equivalent of LCARS or something) known as Polaris looks like; our consortium in north suburban Chicago has it, and local availability means at your library vs at another sort of nearby library that you can also get it from.
We switch over to it in January and our patrons/users kinda hate it for the most part.

I work in ILS/LSP development and I can tell you that my first reaction was "did some video approval account vendor accidentally send them two copies and waste taxpayer dollars?"

Polaris can eat my rear end.

Wait it's a Triple I product?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I did not mean to confuse the librarians I love librarians :ohdear:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Librarian

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watched the Voyager episode where Janeway allows a planet to replicate the entire crew and then leaves them behind on a planet. This replicated crew has all of the originals memories and behaviors.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I said come in! posted:

Watched the Voyager episode where Janeway allows a planet to replicate the entire crew and then leaves them behind on a planet. This replicated crew has all of the originals memories and behaviors.

It's not like the ship would have benefitted from having two of everyone on board or anything.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

And they all lived happily ever after.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

And they all lived happily ever after.

Janeway never stopped to think about how this is a massive security concern to the federation either.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I said come in! posted:

Janeway never stopped to think about how this is a massive security concern to the federation either.

no one does, it's evident in all the shows that no one in starfleet seems to give a real poo poo about security, or they're just downright awful at it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
yeah she should have executed the lot of them

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

yeah she should have executed the lot of them

The crew stands gaping as Janeway removes her finger from the depressed "fire phasers" button.

"What?" she demands. "Who did I kill? Looks like everyone is still here."

She strides over to the replicator and orders a coffee, sipping it loudly and carelessly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The next episode was just as loving stupid. Voyager must travel a month through a Nebula. One point it's 29 days, which somehow in a later scene gets translated into three weeks. The crew, with the exception of 7 of 9, is put into stasis. Somehow these chambers are enough to keep the crew safe, yet the hull of Voyager with its shields, is not? Also, the entire interior is safe from radiation somehow, and the crew is able to wake up just fine and not instantly die. 7 of 9 trips balls hardcore and imagines Tom and Harry dying, because she wishes they would both die for real.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I said come in! posted:

The next episode was just as loving stupid. Voyager must travel a month through a Nebula. One point it's 29 days, which somehow in a later scene gets translated into three weeks. The crew, with the exception of 7 of 9, is put into stasis. Somehow these chambers are enough to keep the crew safe, yet the hull of Voyager with its shields, is not? Also, the entire interior is safe from radiation somehow, and the crew is able to wake up just fine and not instantly die. 7 of 9 trips balls hardcore and imagines Tom and Harry dying, because she wishes they would both die for real.

It was so awesome they did it all over again for Enterprise!

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Trickjaw posted:

It was so awesome they did it all over again for Enterprise!

The Enterprise episode is better if only because it has a doggo.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
The excuse they used to get Seven completely alone was dumb but I really enjoyed the episode otherwise. It was honestly one of the best early episodes for her, Jeri Ryan being able to carry the entire episode near alone was prophetic in how she would carry the whole show for the next 4 years.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I liked that episode where they see nothing but darkness outside the windows and are getting all claustrophobic because in reality that's what all the views would look like from a lit cabin in interstellar space, you'd only get cool views when near a planet or with the lights turned off anyway.

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

next time on dragonball z

CptAwesome fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 23, 2019

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

CptAwesome posted:

next time on dragonball z

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Don't post Veiny Jake

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Best part of Operation Return arc: no Pah Wraiths

Also no reused battle shots :\

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Picard episode idea: Janeway is still serving time in prison for murdering Tuvix.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

I said come in! posted:

Picard episode idea: Janeway is still serving time in prison for murdering Tuvix.

What would mirror universe Tuvix be like?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Kingdom posted:

Just the most extreme parts of both personalities taking turns controlling the body Jeckel and Hyde style

Edit: also alive because mirror Janeway's crew would have mutinied in Caretaker

Allen_Aldo
Jul 8, 2013

Insane Totoro posted:

I work in ILS/LSP development and I can tell you that my first reaction was "did some video approval account vendor accidentally send them two copies and waste taxpayer dollars?"

Polaris can eat my rear end.

Wait it's a Triple I product?

Ahh, I didn't see the big red circle in your image.

As far as organizations outside the library misusing taxpayer dollars, i can think of/have experienced grievances orders of magnitude worse than that buying 2 copies of the DS9 documentary. If it's a really big library it might even make sense for them to own two copies.

What's is a Triple I product? I assume the I is for Innovative?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Brundlefly.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Noise Complaint posted:

It took me years to realize how ridiculous the reading glasses act Kirk pulls was.

Khan grew up when people still wore glasses. Kirk is trying to get Khan to lower his guard by displaying a weakness.

He also looks oddly like a Charles Dickens character for a moment, and I appreciated that.

PerniciousKnid posted:

I know it's good I just can't stand watching it.

Try re-watching "The Coming of Shadows" to get back in the flow of it. That episode holds up very well even today. Although the Centauri Imperial Guard look like 6 extras who can barely keep in step (because they are). Casting, which is usually very good, missed an opportunity to hire marching band or drill squad people for the role.

RIP Turhan Bey, another B5 alumni passes beyond the Rim.

Lester Shy posted:

Does anybody know if there's a name for this extremely 70s/80s style of interior design, especially the colors and graphics?

Beige.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

Nonexistent, because Janeway would have immediately executed Neelix.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Mister Kingdom posted:

Tuvok's suppressed anger combined with Neelix's vapid amiability, so basically Patrick Bateman.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Roadie posted:

Tuvok's suppressed anger combined with Neelix's vapid amiability, so basically Patrick Bateman.

So does he try to kill Kes with a nail gun?

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brawnfire posted:

Don't post Veiny Jake

new thread title

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

mllaneza posted:

Khan grew up when people still wore glasses. Kirk is trying to get Khan to lower his guard by displaying a weakness.

What? No. He looks around the bridge and says, "drat," because of his vanity. He still hasn't come to terms with aging.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Watching Wrath of Khan. Is Kirk addressing female crew members as "Mr" (i.e. Mr Saavik) a Star Trek invention, or an actual navy thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Voting Floater posted:

Watching Wrath of Khan. Is Kirk addressing female crew members as "Mr" (i.e. Mr Saavik) a Star Trek invention, or an actual navy thing?
Actual navy thing.

It's kinda weird that Worf never becomes a commander on TNG despite being shown to be the only crew member to actually be talented at supervising and mentoring people.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 24, 2019