Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The war is on and the boys overseas badly need these supplies, I'll just go down to the docks and have a little picking over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Y'all are a bunch of dumb nerds if an access card is the height of cool

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

The war is on and the boys overseas badly need these supplies, I'll just go down to the docks and have a little picking over.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"Will you stop crying, I haven't even asked you yet. What the hell is the matter with you."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Welcome to Something Awful?

A used parachute could get you layed for a month during wartime. Think of what a box of chocolates could get you.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LingcodKilla posted:

Welcome to Something Awful?

A used parachute could get you layed for a month during wartime. Think of what a box of chocolates could get you.

More laid? Oh boy

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Other grandpa did supply stuff in the Army in WWII. He didn't drink or smoke, so he had a lot of currency to trade with those who did.
He came back with a bunch of cool stuff. He had this gigantic flag that was 15 feet across that used to hang in a German officer's club.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Christ you’re boring, have you ever left home?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

FrozenVent posted:

Christ you’re boring, have you ever left home?

No, I enlisted and deployed through a program that allowed me to stay at home all the while

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Here's a story about both an idiot and an actual badass

Bernard B. Fall posted:

What Sgt. Kubiak did not know was that there was another Kubiak at Dien Bien Phu--and that he fought on the other side. He was Major Stefan Kubiak, a Pole born in 1923 in Lodz. The son of a poor weaver, Kubiak joined the Communist Polish Army after World War II. A good party member, he had been posted to the Army Political Commissars School. When he found that his wife was having a love affair with one of his superiors, Kubiak deserted from the Polish Army, drifted to West Germany, and eventually enlisted in the Foreign Legion. Sent to North Viet-Nam in 1947, he soon was disillusioned with the French and deserted from the Foreihn Legion in 1947 at Nam Dinh in the Red River Delta.

Received at first with distrust by the Viet-Minh, he soon rendered them important services by training their troops in using and servicing the American weapons which they captured from the French. This was particularly important since the Viet-Muinh did not have, until early in 1950, good direct overland communications with the Red Chinese. Kubiak distinguished himself for his bravery during the battle for the Hoa-Binh salient, in 1951, and was "adopted" by Ho Chi Minh himself and given the name of Ho Chi Thuan. Promoted to the rank of captain, and the major, Kubiak served at Dien Bien Phu with the 312th Division and had personally participated in the attack on Beatrice in which, unknowingly, he had probably faced his French namesake. This was to occur again when during the last days of the battle some of the Foreign Legionnaires were also thrown into the Five Hills area.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

No, I enlisted and deployed through a program that allowed me to stay at home all the while

drone pilot?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Smartass, dumbass

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Here's a story about both an idiot and an actual badass

Here’s the problem. That’s just a dude sticking to his guns no idiot involved.
You in the wrong thread.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LingcodKilla posted:

Here’s the problem. That’s just a dude sticking to his guns no idiot involved.
You in the wrong thread.

Dude joined the Legion.

And I'm supremely posting in the right thread.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

canyoneer posted:

Other grandpa did supply stuff in the Army in WWII. He didn't drink or smoke, so he had a lot of currency to trade with those who did.
He came back with a bunch of cool stuff. He had this gigantic flag that was 15 feet across that used to hang in a German officer's club.

Uhhhh... what was on that flag?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Chichevache posted:

Uhhhh... what was on that flag?

Don't worry. It was some Bavarian thing that was totally not a Nazi thing. That flag was probably 50 years old when he got it.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Viva Miriya posted:

It's this not the other thing.

Did not know this but also not a 4chan dude so v0v. How's the CYOAs going btw?

Well, it's not like Richard Spencer, who sat in on the NSC board meetings used to it to greet fellow nazis or anyth.. oh.

Fine! Currently goons are marching space peasant levies into machine gun fire with gusto

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s not the access card.

It’s the action it implies.

Literally everything is uncool if divorced from context.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"the thing you thing is cool is in fact uncool. you rubes. you fools. you imbeciles."

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Platystemon posted:

It’s not the access card.

It’s the action it implies.

Literally everything is uncool if divorced from context.

Even the implied action is lame as gently caress. Oh boy I can go rifling through supplies!

e: Fun fact, you can do all of those "implied actions" without bothering with an access card, or even one that is more restrictive than the one that is just so cool we're gonna rub ourselves raw at the thought of it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 23, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:goonsay:

says someone who also paid twenty-five cash money dollars to post on an internet forum just like the rest of us with AVs and plat

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
You idiots are missing the forest for the tree. It’s WHO had that card. He was a mobster.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You idiots are missing the forest for the tree. It’s WHO had that card. He was a mobster.

citation needed

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Even the implied action is lame as gently caress. Oh boy I can go rifling through supplies!

e: Fun fact, you can do all of those "implied actions" without bothering with an access card, or even one that is more restrictive than the one that is just so cool we're gonna rub ourselves raw at the thought of it.

my man let it go

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Smiling Jack posted:

citation needed

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Dude has an Italian name too, was mobbed out as gently caress, I thought everyone realized that.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm here to conduct legitimate soldiering duties and nothing else, I gots this pass see, here's a dollar kid go have a coke.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Luciano did have something worked out with the US government in which mobsters were tasked with port security during the war. I wouldn't be surprised if that card was connected to that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Ain't no grift like the war grift 'cause the war grift don't stop.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

JFC he was the unit scrounger you prejudiced weirdos

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Fearless posted:

Luciano did have something worked out with the US government in which mobsters were tasked with port security during the war. I wouldn't be surprised if that card was connected to that.

That was mostly stateside, to make sure there were no labor disruptions on the docks.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Scratch Monkey posted:

At the time you probably could have. It wasn't like now back then. There were so many weapons arriving, being distributed, getting used, destroyed, lost to capture... it was almost impossible to give a gently caress.

The invention of containerization is one of those quiet things that changed the world. Back in the day cargo was break bulk (just put into random compartments) so it was common for dockworkers and plugged in gangs to swipe poo poo. Now it’s actually easy to secure/track/conceal cargo you can actually expect almost everything you ship to arrive. I read somewhere that like at least 25% of all cargo would end up missing by the time it got to its destination.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Two thirds of the cargo of Walter Raleigh's largest prize was stolen in port

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Flores_(1592)#Mass_theft

quote:

Madre de Deus attracted all manner of traders, dealers, cutpurses and thieves from miles around, from as far as London and beyond. At seeing this huge vessel, pandemonium broke out amongst the townspeople; they visited the floating castle and sought out drunken sailors in taverns and pubs, buying, stealing, pinching and fighting for the takings. Local fishermen as well ventured aboard, further depleting the cargo.[1]

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

aphid_licker posted:

Two thirds of the cargo of Walter Raleigh's largest prize was stolen in port

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Flores_(1592)#Mass_theft

£360,000 worth in 1592, or 98 million today at the lowest estimate.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tias posted:

Well, it's not like Richard Spencer, who sat in on the NSC board meetings used to it to greet fellow nazis or anyth.. oh.

Fine! Currently goons are marching space peasant levies into machine gun fire with gusto

Counterpoint, why would I know what that worthless meatsack is up to or says beyond the obvious tiki torch crowd bullshit.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/_johnswish/status/1164255285508235266?s=19

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

God dam

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Tias posted:

Are you getting Gorka and Spencer mixed up?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

*glances at sleeve with single stripe*

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

*glances at sleeve with single stripe*

Yup.

Only thing to make it better is if command makes him geobachleor till E5.