Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

Spoiler. The Pats will be fine without Chung.

He probably wont even get a suspension this year until his case plays out.

i mean, it's cocaine possession, i'm not expecting a longass trial here and he'll almost certainly plead out. but yeah he'll probably get a suspension at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

RapSheet and this guy said it was a font charge.

https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1164582760511660033

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Chris Herndon got 4 games for DUI. Chung will probably get 1.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Chris Herndon got 4 games for DUI. Chung will probably get 1.

DUI should be punished more than cocaine possession, but i would expect 2-4

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’d party with Chung

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mike Tanier gives a pretty good summary of the Josh Allen Mystery

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2850542-buffalo-bills-josh-allen-starting-to-prove-doubters-and-haters-wrong

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Very reasonable article. Allen is obviously getting better, though expecting the same type of second year leap that you'd expect from Baker or Darnold is premature (and no one should have expected him to develop that quickly anyways). But he seems like he's on track to be good by year 3 or 4, which is fine; all that matters is he appears to be trending the right way.

The Beasley/John Brown signings will be great for him. A receiver like Beasley is perfect for Allen, especially because he'll help him to develop the mental awareness to hit those shorter/intermediate routes when the situation calls for it (which I think is different/maybe more important than the traditional "he'll be a safety blanket" point). Brown was totally out of place in Baltimore once Lamar took over, and will be a nice deep ball target.

Bills had a really good free agency.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 22, 2019

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Hard to believe Chung doesn't have a guy to cop to the charge since it was just found loose in his house not on his person.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What’s the price for taking on a felony charge if you were just one of his bros? $50k?

I wouldn’t but I’d imagine someone would.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Hard to believe Chung doesn't have a guy to cop to the charge since it was just found loose in his house not on his person.

No way they can get a conviction he has money for real lawyers.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm starting to think Brian Flores is just another stupid rear end in a top hat.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Remind me what the reason to think otherwise about a former Belichick guy was again

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Is he just not gonna play Rosen or what

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Professor Funk posted:

Is he just not gonna play Rosen or what

he just came into the game and started a drive from his own 1 yard line

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Ehud posted:

he just came into the game and started a drive from his own 1 yard line

nice, gotta earn your stripes to play in the league

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

99 yard TD drive for Rosen

made an awesome throw and showed great pocket presence

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Rosen is composed, playing like a veteran, and his work when his line collapses has been superb.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Ehud posted:

99 yard TD drive for Rosen

made an awesome throw and showed great pocket presence

Easy to forget that he was pretty widely viewed as the most pro-ready QB prospect last year. You guys made a great move trading a late 2nd for him. Hopefully they actually give him the opportunity.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1164726784639692800

terrible body language

*goes back to composing another jay-z playlist*

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Dolphin bros who follow this closer than I do, what are the odds Nate Orchard makes the team?

Seems like he’s had a sack every preseason game so far and they drat sure need as much help with pass rush as they can get.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Whether or not guy pans out they definitely made the right move to take a shot with him. Even if the fins don’t have a good record, as long as he shows we’ll they’ll have a ton of options next offseason

E: oh he’s playing depth guys, maybe pump the brakes

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 23, 2019

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Orchard was JAG in buffalo but he’s not atrocious depth I guess

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1164726784639692800

terrible body language

*goes back to composing another jay-z playlist*

Tannehill absolutely steps right into a sack there, instead of past the rusher.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Orchard was JAG in buffalo but he’s not atrocious depth I guess

He’s definitely only a situational pass rusher but JAGs are probably better than most of the guys rushing the passer for the Phins this year. Excluding Jerome Baker.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Not to be a hater but Tannehill probably jukes the 4th string rusher gunning for the practice squad trophy

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Not to be a hater but Tannehill probably jukes the 4th string rusher gunning for the practice squad trophy

It was more a criticism of Tannys pocket presence than a compliment of Rosen’s ability.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well tbf Tannehill is a receiver

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’ve come around to wanting all AFC East qbs to be good because that’d be fun as hell to watch for 15 years

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't. I want a free ride to the division title every year for the next two decades a la the Patriots.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Flores spoke about the Kenny Stills/Jay-Z stuff:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...lls/2093600001/

It was a challenge to him to get over the distractions and improve his play, but Flores spent a lot of time explaining his support for what Stills, Kaepernick, etc. are doing. He got asked directly about why he doesn't kneel as well, and kinda waffled on it but I guess as a coach it would be inviting insane drama contrary to his job.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Flores spoke about the Kenny Stills/Jay-Z stuff:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...lls/2093600001/

It was a challenge to him to get over the distractions and improve his play, but Flores spent a lot of time explaining his support for what Stills, Kaepernick, etc. are doing. He got asked directly about why he doesn't kneel as well, and kinda waffled on it but I guess as a coach it would be inviting insane drama contrary to his job.

quote:

"It was a challenge to Kenny to perform regardless of whatever is going on outside," Flores told reporters. "I would say, and I said this to him, he hasn't performed up to that level over the course of training camp, or as I've seen. So that was the challenge -- to get open, catch the football and make plays for this team, regardless of what's going on outside of this building."

just injured my eyes I rolled them so hard

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ehud posted:

just injured my eyes I rolled them so hard

It's dumb sports guy stuff, not carry water for your dumbass owner stuff IMO. That's much better.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

fsif posted:

I don't. I want a free ride to the division title every year for the next two decades a la the Patriots.

yeah i recommend this approach it's way more fun

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

All those pages of arguments on who’s better, the Jets or Bills, and it’s gonna be the Dolphins that end up with the best season.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

latinotwink1997 posted:

All those pages of arguments on who’s better, the Jets or Bills, and it’s gonna be the Dolphins that end up with the best season.

The Patriots team plane could crash and so long as Belichick survived they would still have a better season than any of them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sirtommygunn posted:

The Patriots team plane could crash and so long as Belichick survived they would still have a better season than any of them.

It's going to end at some point.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

latinotwink1997 posted:

If by best season you mean zero wins and Tua, yes, I agree. Thee Dolphins o line is, by itself, bad enough to garuntee that, and the moment you scratch the surface the utter lack of depth appears

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

tarbrush posted:

If by best season you mean zero wins and Tua, yes, I agree. Thee Dolphins o line is, by itself, bad enough to garuntee that, and the moment you scratch the surface the utter lack of depth appears

Fitz will 100% Fitz his way into a few wins. Probably at least 1 against the Jets.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He looks kinda washed right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

tarbrush posted:

He looks kinda washed right now.

He did the whole Fitzmagic experience in one game last night. Entire first half looked like an old man, second half drive looked magic. Of course, first team offense versus second team D, so you know.