Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm 90% sure I had a scum mole in my shelf, I dont like the way the day ended yesterday hal and byers lookin suss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

What are you thunkin about

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

b-minus1 posted:

Is it possible that Byers was scum janitor and had his action reflected onto himself

Lmao, just lmao.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Toalpaz posted:

Lmao, just lmao.

No sarcastically but that sounds like it happened and it's funny.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Vienna, hum, IS, redneck,

Uuuuhhmmmm..... me, ...... I'm sure I'm forgetting someone but yeah one of these is scum probs

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dick Bastardly posted:

Vienna, hum, IS, redneck,

Uuuuhhmmmm..... me, ...... I'm sure I'm forgetting someone but yeah one of these is scum probs

You forgot me :(

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Okay to clear up the reflection thing: that was me targeting JX to protect her, but it should have only reflected kills- nothing else was noted in the PM.

Still wondering how her kill got reflected on herself, unless she got bussed into targeting herself. In which case... it's not like the reflection of the kill back onto the attacker would have done anything.

The double hated is because someone put me in a Nightmare (thanks, whoever submitted Psychonauts, I imagine) and I died.

Since I didn't die to the final boss, I didn't die in real life, but I'm double hated for today.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

No sarcastically but that sounds like it happened and it's funny.

Actually that would be hilarious if scum tried to kill, busdrive, and janitor JX last night

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

You forgot me :(

I knew I forgot someone! sorry beenus!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

But I don't know if Byers is actually dead though? Spectator and dead are different things.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SolusLunes posted:

But I don't know if Byers is actually dead though? Spectator and dead are different things.

:monocle:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

huh! Well if he shows back up let's lunch him then

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

huh! Well if he shows back up let's lunch him then

lol i dont think you've made a convincing case for this, but youre acting like its a foregone conclusion

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Is it possible that Byers was scum janitor and had his action reflected onto himself

Real genius

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

50 pounds of bread posted:

I'm gonna do my mystery move on someone tonight, haha, any voluteers?

Volunteers?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, did anyone get redirected who didn't target jen?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning! Yesterday was my birthday :sun:

Keane asked in the chat last night if anyone wants to play a fun minigame that might give them a boon or murder them and Byers accepted so there's that. 50 also hinted at doing "something bad" or something to that effect but I can only read the section of chat that I was last looking at so I can't go back to it. Gen and Byers both wanted to kill Hal for the hammer.

Overall I ++ suspicious of Keane and 50. I don't really have any strong reads so far though.

ttyl thread.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Oh yeah, just remembered Byers said he was going to essentially delay kill(poison?) Hal last night. So if he was scum, that could be the missing kill maybe too.

Porky's Revenge

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm 90% sure I had a scum mole in my shelf, I dont like the way the day ended yesterday hal and byers lookin suss

I imagine all shelves had a scum mole

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok IS is cause he was backing Byers up on poo-pooing the double lunch.

Double lunch is super helpful to town because it doubles the main weapon town has for finding scum, also for increasing the amount of gameplay available for analysis by establishing vote and casing history.

Framing up GGN's idea as pointless was :wrong: especially in the D1 situation where we had a bagged scum, thus making her use of the ability absolutely zero risk. "Oh but then for the real lunch we might get it wroooong" yes but then we will have actually had a D1 instead of zero content cause everyone had the Correct Optimal Choice handed to them on a silver platter.

Follow that bird! ##vote IS

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok IS is cause he was backing Byers up on poo-pooing the double lunch.

Double lunch is super helpful to town because it doubles the main weapon town has for finding scum, also for increasing the amount of gameplay available for analysis by establishing vote and casing history.

Framing up GGN's idea as pointless was :wrong: especially in the D1 situation where we had a bagged scum, thus making her use of the ability absolutely zero risk. "Oh but then for the real lunch we might get it wroooong" yes but then we will have actually had a D1 instead of zero content cause everyone had the Correct Optimal Choice handed to them on a silver platter.

This, in addition to the fact that you're not actually doing what you said you would in the masonry (which would have been a good scum play, given that iirc Toalpaz and Steak were for it, I'm very suspicious of both of them), makes me think you're not scum.

But of course, every time I say that, you end up being scum, so I'm watching you regardless.

I'm somewhat torn on IS- what you say is factually true and correct, but it was D1, the day most likely to end in a mislynch. I can see both sides.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Eh, gently caress it, it's reasonable enough for a vote, though.

##vote IS

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SolusLunes posted:

Young Sherlock Holmes!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lol @hals pr

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

lol i dont think you've made a convincing case for this, but youre acting like its a foregone conclusion

ok

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

This, in addition to the fact that you're not actually doing what you said you would in the masonry (which would have been a good scum play, given that iirc Toalpaz and Steak were for it, I'm very suspicious of both of them), makes me think you're not scum.

tbf I might've actually done it if it stayed open in dayphase

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

tbf I might've actually done it if it stayed open in dayphase

I'd have probably started agitating for your death on D3 or 4, depending on when (or if) I remembered, then.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

I'd have probably started agitating for your death on D3 or 4, depending on when (or if) I remembered, then.

yeah but aren't people supposed to do that anyway just for me being alive lol

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah but aren't people supposed to do that anyway just for me being alive lol

admittedly if I had a dayvig you'd be the one I'd shoot D1

alas for me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

admittedly if I had a dayvig you'd be the one I'd shoot D1

alas for me

hey how's flerp doin these days

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

hey how's flerp doin these days

flerp's voice whispers to me in the dark places, telling me to do things, telling me to kill

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im really not getting the IS vote, what the hell? i dont get why people are treating that like it makes sense

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like, i wouldve been on board the lynch byers train, but IS is such a stretch. maybe if byers had flipped scum, but...

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

like, i wouldve been on board the lynch byers train, but IS is such a stretch. maybe if byers had flipped scum, but...

I woulda been on board with the first dude saying a bad idea, but the dude chiming in to just me-too the same idea, how's that scummy

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

I woulda been on board with the first dude saying a bad idea, but the dude chiming in to just me-too the same idea, how's that scummy

ugh, good point i guess

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I have some theories:
  • I think Byers could be scum, but I don't think he failed and janitor killed himself. He got yoshi'd probably. He got turned into an egg.
  • I think scum probably were on each of the shelves in addition to their own scum chat. Scum would want coverage on every shelf. SO it's probably safe to assume that at least one player was scum on each shelf.
  • Scum probably obviously retaliation/preservation killed Jen.
  • And KB claims the PGO on hum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think scum probably were on each of the shelves in addition to their own scum chat. Scum would want coverage on every shelf. SO it's probably safe to assume that at least one player was scum on each shelf.

i think this is pretty obvious, but are we gonna list out the members of each n1 shelf and start pointing fingers...? i'd be okay with that but i'm not sure it'll go far with scums mucking up the discussion and nothing much in the way of concrete evidence

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
PGO bit could be bullshit and KB could be getting ahead of suspicion, but I read it as genuine.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for the record, i think i also PGOd last night (flavor was vague) but no one targeted me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

King Burgundy posted:

Other things of note, Keane was planning on doing something with Byers. So maybe that is what that is? But also 50 said he was going to do something to someone on our shelf, so egg could also be his.

So, I don't see a scum kill there unless Egg is a scum kill of some sort.

Byers was not egged by me.

Byers could potentially have died by my ability, but I doubt it.